What does the “i” in iPod stand for? | iLounge News

What does the “i” in iPod stand for?

“Sometime last week

Comments

>>Meaning that it would take $10,000 to fill any music player up with legally purchased tracks, whether bought online, via CD, on casette tape, on vinyl, or what-have-you.<<

Exactly. “What have you”. And What have I is about 1500 CD’s that I have accumulated over about 10-11 years. It’s not that I went out and spent $10,000 in a week filling my iPod. My CD collection just became too unweildy to get the music I wanted when I wanted it. The iPod has solved that and would actually be perfect except for two things: 1) I would like to see normal “buttons” on this thing. I find it hard to pick up half the time without changing tracks, and 2) With the ICE-Link backordered forever for my car, I’m stuck with lousy quality sound in my car.

Evan

Posted by Ev on June 7, 2004 at 6:57 AM (CDT)

the anonymous scribbler has achieved his goal. obviously he has presented his opinion which is then left up to public criticism, but his ultimate goal as which is the goal of all urban artists, is to provoke thought in our consumer based culture. it is something that confronts you whether you like it or not he has provoked an emotion that all of us are willing to then spend time discussing. the “ipod” is just one of millions of products “although a great product” that we are bombarded with by advertisers day in day out that we must have, maybe there are other things we should think about besides the next gadget we should get??

“iWAR” = george bush

Posted by iconsume on June 9, 2004 at 4:58 PM (CDT)

iGimp !

Posted by ME on July 7, 2004 at 10:23 AM (CDT)

can you take stuff from winmx and put it on ipods?

Posted by eiiefh on October 16, 2004 at 7:02 PM (CDT)

hey another way to use all those gigs LEGALLY without spending $10,000 is to use your ipod for things other then songs. u know u can put text files on it and read them, as well as use it as a way to transfer files. hey…you have all this free hardrive space…why not put it to use.

Posted by rainey in Jacksonville on February 8, 2005 at 7:58 PM (CST)

Way down here in the South island (New Zealand) the record stores all carry such bland mindless pop crapolla that download ellegal songs is the only way to get some of the cool Blues and Country from the land of the Free and home of the iPod.

Posted by blutooth on May 24, 2005 at 12:42 AM (CDT)

true say my friend, i have payed for tones of music in my time, but its just too tempting, if not for the net i would never have found these tunes, greatfull i am! i dont think its going to take food of anyones table as long as u keep buying and downloading. Well done to the graff artists for the defacing of the posters, someone had to say it, one year later my battery f****d off and im suposed to pay 60 quid to replace it! the damn MP3 player already cost me 300! besides those ad campaigns are so played! for a company that provides a platfrom for most of the creative industries it should really try something new. overall the iPod is a great peice of technology, secondly asthetically pleasing, not the otherway round.

Posted by iOmarMeLoveiPod on June 10, 2005 at 10:37 AM (CDT)

this is very silly i like spray paint and ran out of walls i wanted to do something to a corparate company but i didnt think it would make the least looked at webpage ever

Posted by phantom poddy on June 28, 2005 at 8:03 AM (CDT)

Posted by Danc on July 5, 2005 at 11:15 AM (CDT)

“the iPod is an acronym for Interface Protocol Option Devices. In English that means these are small portable machines which store and play music. That’s it in a nutshell (pun intended).”

Read:

Not only do you ref another’s idea without credit, you ref a stupid one.

you = fail

Unless you ARE Crosby… in which case you still fail.

Posted by !Hika on September 1, 2006 at 2:19 AM (CDT)

ipod = Internet Protocol Option Device

Posted by Audrie on June 14, 2007 at 6:28 PM (CDT)

*  The “D” in D-Day stand for - DEBARKATION DAY. See: Dictionary of Military and Technological Abbreviations and Acronyms, Page: 214. Author: Pretz, Bernard; Publ: Routledge & Kegan Paul, Boston Mass.

Posted by youreall on July 11, 2007 at 11:47 AM (CDT)

I thought it stood for ‘Idiom’.. but what would I know lol

Posted by Nev on August 12, 2011 at 7:38 AM (CDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3