What is it? Contest by Rain Design - Winners Announced
Three Product Winners Announced
Prize: Rain Design iWoofer
Most Accurate Description? I’ll try.
- an iPod dock with speakers and lights
- seen from below
- facing right (in the picture)
- approximately 5 inches in diameter
- iPod’s signature white and silver colors
- meant to showcase the iPod, like many of Rain’s other products are designed to showcase Apple products
- four legs to elevate it about 1 inch.
- four blue LEDs to create a cool under-glow effect
- some similarities to JBL’s OnStage, except better
- a port on the back (left in picture) for computer-to-iPod cable
- volume controls
It does not have:
- a remote
It’s a simple iPod docking/speaker station that allows the iPod to play music through the built-in speakers, sync to a computer, and charge its battery. The iPod sits on top, allowing full access to its menus and music. And the ambient blue glow from beneath gives it a sleek futuristic look.
By jays1n on 12.20.05 at 03:09 PM
Its a speaker system for the ipod viewed from the underneath. The blue light is projected onto whatever surface it is placed on and may dim in and out or change colors while playing music or synching with itunes. Has four metalic legs and the controls are on the left side of the image in between the 2 metalic circles which are speakers. The black center is the sub-woofer. Charges, syncs, docks, and plays the ipod.
By Adam Fenty on 12.09.05 at 12:19 AM
As the compnay mainly produces stands, it would be probable that its first product for the iPod is also a stand.It’s in the shape of a ball, and then it has four legs underneath, and you stick the iPod into the dock on top (in the middle - so it sticks up). But that’s obvious. It is also a powerful speaker system with a built-in sub-woofer. We see the air-intake on the lefthand side, and the big, dark area in the middle is the subwoofer element, probably a 6
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0