What is it? Contest by Rain Design - Winners Announced
Three Product Winners Announced
Prize: Rain Design iWoofer
Most Accurate Description? I’ll try.
- an iPod dock with speakers and lights
- seen from below
- facing right (in the picture)
- approximately 5 inches in diameter
- iPod’s signature white and silver colors
- meant to showcase the iPod, like many of Rain’s other products are designed to showcase Apple products
- four legs to elevate it about 1 inch.
- four blue LEDs to create a cool under-glow effect
- some similarities to JBL’s OnStage, except better
- a port on the back (left in picture) for computer-to-iPod cable
- volume controls
It does not have:
- a remote
It’s a simple iPod docking/speaker station that allows the iPod to play music through the built-in speakers, sync to a computer, and charge its battery. The iPod sits on top, allowing full access to its menus and music. And the ambient blue glow from beneath gives it a sleek futuristic look.
By jays1n on 12.20.05 at 03:09 PM
Its a speaker system for the ipod viewed from the underneath. The blue light is projected onto whatever surface it is placed on and may dim in and out or change colors while playing music or synching with itunes. Has four metalic legs and the controls are on the left side of the image in between the 2 metalic circles which are speakers. The black center is the sub-woofer. Charges, syncs, docks, and plays the ipod.
By Adam Fenty on 12.09.05 at 12:19 AM
As the compnay mainly produces stands, it would be probable that its first product for the iPod is also a stand.It’s in the shape of a ball, and then it has four legs underneath, and you stick the iPod into the dock on top (in the middle - so it sticks up). But that’s obvious. It is also a powerful speaker system with a built-in sub-woofer. We see the air-intake on the lefthand side, and the big, dark area in the middle is the subwoofer element, probably a 6
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Showtime’s standalone Apple TV channel arrives with free trial
- Apple redesigning third-party accessory packaging for its stores
- Apple aims to bring back Home Sharing for music in iOS 9
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?