What is it? Contest by Rain Design - Winners Announced
Three Product Winners Announced
Prize: Rain Design iWoofer
Most Accurate Description? I’ll try.
- an iPod dock with speakers and lights
- seen from below
- facing right (in the picture)
- approximately 5 inches in diameter
- iPod’s signature white and silver colors
- meant to showcase the iPod, like many of Rain’s other products are designed to showcase Apple products
- four legs to elevate it about 1 inch.
- four blue LEDs to create a cool under-glow effect
- some similarities to JBL’s OnStage, except better
- a port on the back (left in picture) for computer-to-iPod cable
- volume controls
It does not have:
- a remote
It’s a simple iPod docking/speaker station that allows the iPod to play music through the built-in speakers, sync to a computer, and charge its battery. The iPod sits on top, allowing full access to its menus and music. And the ambient blue glow from beneath gives it a sleek futuristic look.
By jays1n on 12.20.05 at 03:09 PM
Its a speaker system for the ipod viewed from the underneath. The blue light is projected onto whatever surface it is placed on and may dim in and out or change colors while playing music or synching with itunes. Has four metalic legs and the controls are on the left side of the image in between the 2 metalic circles which are speakers. The black center is the sub-woofer. Charges, syncs, docks, and plays the ipod.
By Adam Fenty on 12.09.05 at 12:19 AM
As the compnay mainly produces stands, it would be probable that its first product for the iPod is also a stand.It’s in the shape of a ball, and then it has four legs underneath, and you stick the iPod into the dock on top (in the middle - so it sticks up). But that’s obvious. It is also a powerful speaker system with a built-in sub-woofer. We see the air-intake on the lefthand side, and the big, dark area in the middle is the subwoofer element, probably a 6
- Apple denies reported MVNO cellular service plans
- Australian cellular carrier Telstra offering Apple Music free for 12 months
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?