What is it? Contest by Rain Design - Winners Announced
Three Product Winners Announced
Prize: Rain Design iWoofer
Most Accurate Description? I’ll try.
- an iPod dock with speakers and lights
- seen from below
- facing right (in the picture)
- approximately 5 inches in diameter
- iPod’s signature white and silver colors
- meant to showcase the iPod, like many of Rain’s other products are designed to showcase Apple products
- four legs to elevate it about 1 inch.
- four blue LEDs to create a cool under-glow effect
- some similarities to JBL’s OnStage, except better
- a port on the back (left in picture) for computer-to-iPod cable
- volume controls
It does not have:
- a remote
It’s a simple iPod docking/speaker station that allows the iPod to play music through the built-in speakers, sync to a computer, and charge its battery. The iPod sits on top, allowing full access to its menus and music. And the ambient blue glow from beneath gives it a sleek futuristic look.
By jays1n on 12.20.05 at 03:09 PM
Its a speaker system for the ipod viewed from the underneath. The blue light is projected onto whatever surface it is placed on and may dim in and out or change colors while playing music or synching with itunes. Has four metalic legs and the controls are on the left side of the image in between the 2 metalic circles which are speakers. The black center is the sub-woofer. Charges, syncs, docks, and plays the ipod.
By Adam Fenty on 12.09.05 at 12:19 AM
As the compnay mainly produces stands, it would be probable that its first product for the iPod is also a stand.It’s in the shape of a ball, and then it has four legs underneath, and you stick the iPod into the dock on top (in the middle - so it sticks up). But that’s obvious. It is also a powerful speaker system with a built-in sub-woofer. We see the air-intake on the lefthand side, and the big, dark area in the middle is the subwoofer element, probably a 6
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0