Which iPod poll ends, iPod shuffle poll opens
Our most recent iLounge poll, “Which current model iPod do you personally use the most?,” has just ended. With over 4,200 votes cast, the results were surprising: while a plurality of responding readers (26%) said that they use a non-current iPod, mini, nano or shuffle the most, the 2007 iPod classic came in second with 23% of the vote, followed by the iPod touch (21%), iPhone (16%), and video iPod nano (10%). Interestingly, only 2% of voters picked the current iPod shuffle—the same number who said they read the site but didn’t use an iPod at all. From what we gather, the higher-capacity the Apple device, the more popular it is with our readers.
Because of the low iPod shuffle numbers, we wanted to hear your thoughts on Apple’s February announcement of new 1GB iPod shuffle pricing and a new 2GB model. Our new poll, “How will Apple’s new $49/$69 iPod shuffles affect you?,” asks whether the new pricing and 2GB version will lead you to buy a new shuffle for yourself, or as a gift, or both, or whether the shuffles don’t matter to you for one reason or another. Cast your vote from the main iLounge.com homepage by looking for the orange iLounge poll on the left hand column!
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Seasons Greetings! Our top picks in 2015, and more for your last-minute shopping
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!