White iPhone 4 poll ends, iOS 5 poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Will you be buying a white iPhone 4?” has ended. Readers were given a choice between two positive responses and five negative responses, the latter group including options for those who are waiting for the next white iPhone, those that wanted a black iPhone 4, and those that wanted a white model but gave up on waiting and purchased the black model instead.
Overall, only nine percent of readers said they would be buying a white iPhone, 54 percent of which said they recently decided to buy an iPhone and wanted the white model, compared to 46 percent who had been holding out for the fairer model since last June. Among those that said they wouldn’t be purchasing the white iPhone 4, 40 percent said they wanted the black model, while another 25 percent said they didn’t want an iPhone 4 at all. Another 14 percent said they were waiting for the next white iPhone, the same percentage as those who wanted a white one but settled for a black model instead. Finally, seven percent of those who said they wouldn’t be buying a white iPhone 4 also said that they wanted one, but the device was delayed too long and they simply gave up. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iOS 5. We’d like to know what new feature or improvement you’d most like to see in the new OS. Would you like a new notifications system, or Home screen widgets, or perhaps wireless syncing, backups, and updates? Or maybe you’d most like to see a redesigned Home screen, expanded background process and multitasking support, or a common file system, or haptic feedback? Or some other new feature or improvement? Our new poll, “Which feature would you most like to see in iOS 5?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple releases fourth developer betas for iOS 9.3.2, tvOS 9.2.1
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- India rejects Apple’s plan to sell used iPhones
- Rumor: Purported iPhone 7 component photo shows headphone jack intact
- Families fight in court over missing teen’s iPhone data
- Court allows police to force woman to unlock iPhone with Touch ID fingerprint
- Coach reportedly releasing bands for Apple Watch
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Apple provides more details on new Apple Music API
- Apple Music for Android adds music videos, Family Plan support
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)