White iPhone 4 poll ends, iOS 5 poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Will you be buying a white iPhone 4?” has ended. Readers were given a choice between two positive responses and five negative responses, the latter group including options for those who are waiting for the next white iPhone, those that wanted a black iPhone 4, and those that wanted a white model but gave up on waiting and purchased the black model instead.
Overall, only nine percent of readers said they would be buying a white iPhone, 54 percent of which said they recently decided to buy an iPhone and wanted the white model, compared to 46 percent who had been holding out for the fairer model since last June. Among those that said they wouldn’t be purchasing the white iPhone 4, 40 percent said they wanted the black model, while another 25 percent said they didn’t want an iPhone 4 at all. Another 14 percent said they were waiting for the next white iPhone, the same percentage as those who wanted a white one but settled for a black model instead. Finally, seven percent of those who said they wouldn’t be buying a white iPhone 4 also said that they wanted one, but the device was delayed too long and they simply gave up. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iOS 5. We’d like to know what new feature or improvement you’d most like to see in the new OS. Would you like a new notifications system, or Home screen widgets, or perhaps wireless syncing, backups, and updates? Or maybe you’d most like to see a redesigned Home screen, expanded background process and multitasking support, or a common file system, or haptic feedback? Or some other new feature or improvement? Our new poll, “Which feature would you most like to see in iOS 5?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren accuses Apple, others, of locking out competition
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Report details Apple Music’s vision for exclusive content
- Walgreens adds digital coupons to Apple Pay
- China orders Apple and others to monitor, report on app users
- South Korea regulators investigating Apple
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 26
- Apple’s UK tax bill under scrutiny
- Apple lays out ‘differential privacy’ plan for data collection
- Report: New iPhone’s space gray to be ‘much darker color’
- IK Multimedia iKlip A/V
- ClamCase ClamCase+ for iPad Air 2
- Philips Hue White Ambience Starter Kit
- Naim Audio Mu-so Qb Speaker
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app