Wi-Gear debuts upgraded iMuffs Bluetooth headphones | iLounge News

Wi-Gear debuts upgraded iMuffs Bluetooth headphones

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, March 13, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageWi-Gear has announced the iMuffs MB210, a new version of its wireless Bluetooth headphones for the iPod. The upgraded iMuffs add support for the fifth-generation iPod and iPod nano, new echo and noise canceling software for the microphone, improved range and signal reliability, and are offered in a choice of white or black. The $180 headphones and wireless iPod adapter allows users to listen to their iPod wirelessly from up to 30’ away. The behind-the-neck headphones feature controls for play/pause, volume, and next/previous track, and also offer mobile phone integration.

« Mix: Jobs salary, Proporta, iTunes flaw, Pacific Rim

French law could force Apple to open up iTunes »

Comments

Could that iMuffs Adapter (MA110) BE any wierder?  Are they marketing a case for it too?

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on March 13, 2006 at 2:29 PM (PDT)

before ya know it, there will be a pair of ear-phones that have an built in iPod! that would be worth the time to make!

Posted by LawnBoy on March 13, 2006 at 4:35 PM (PDT)

LawnBoy, they already have them. I can’t post links but look up the Macally mTUNE-N

Posted by catboy17 on March 13, 2006 at 8:53 PM (PDT)

If anything the imuffs adapter looks perfectly designed for the nano.  Slim and smaller in width than the nano.  If anyone has a weird adapter it’s ten technology.  Not sure what they were thinking but the adapter is ridiculous looking on the nano, totally kills the nano’s sleekness.  At least the imuffs adapter goes well with the iPod’s mininal design and continues the sleekness on the nano while while keeping the symmetry on the video or any of the other iPods.

Posted by parasol-13 on March 14, 2006 at 12:26 AM (PDT)

Adding an “i” to a product shouldn’t be a prerequisite for being iPod worthy

Posted by mflat5 in USA on March 14, 2006 at 6:47 AM (PDT)

iTunes added its first movie..the Disney Channel Original “High School Musical”...where is the report on this???

Posted by Jesse on March 14, 2006 at 7:02 AM (PDT)

Actually, it’s not “perfectly designed for the nano”.  It sits off center and looks wierd on the nano too.  I’m not sure what they had in mind when designing this adapter.

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on March 14, 2006 at 7:43 AM (PDT)

muffs… he he… muffs.

Posted by ort on March 14, 2006 at 8:22 AM (PDT)

mflat5, those are iCool!

Seriously…anyone know what the battery life is?

Anyone tried this with my other favorite gadget…the Treo650? (for phone use)

Posted by yagrax on March 15, 2006 at 12:56 AM (PDT)

you’re right, not perfectly designed for the nano but a better approach to a one size fits all ipod and without making it look to weird when its connected.  Any adapter can look perfect if it was specifically being designed for that particular ipod line but in this case it clearly looks like there is only one adapter style that works on all of the ipods because of the basic symmetrical connection, except for the nano of course. Either way it makes sense to me that they chose a more simplistic design to satisfy all of the ipod users and not just one specific ipod model to make it perfect and beautiful while sacraficing that it could look really hideous on other ipod models.

Posted by parasol-13 on March 18, 2006 at 3:16 AM (PDT)

Stay away from these… My wife purchased a set for me and the link was sooooo unstable it was worthless.  We sent them back the same day I received them.  You are warned!

Posted by Jerry on February 21, 2007 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

Just got a set of the black ones.  Pairs great with my MotoE815 phone and haven’t had any problems yet (I’m on day 4).  I am glad i just replaced the battery in my 4G non-color non-photo.  With the adapter plugged in, i only get about 3 days (maybe 6-7 hours play time) before requiring a recharge.  I have heard that the bluetooth transmitter draws power from the iPod even when it is asleep, so maybe that is the problem there.
One unintended benefit of the iMuffs has been that I can actually hear people now on my cell phone!  2 ears are definitely better than one!  The only true negative is the fit of the headphones, they fall off my wife’s head, but are okay on mine.  Sound quality is very good.  A little expensive, but keep in mind they have an EDU discount on the MB210’s.  No more wires!  No more stupid looks from people on the train while I am rocking out on the iPod, but my phone is ringing in my pocket!  Overall, these are very good.

Posted by Peter on July 26, 2007 at 12:06 PM (PDT)