Windows: Canto Pod 1.0 released - download song lyrics to iPod | iLounge News

Windows: Canto Pod 1.0 released - download song lyrics to iPod

Canto (greek for singing) Pod, is our latest application which allows users to search and download thousands of song lyrics right to there Contacts section on there iPod. Canto Pod also links directly to the iTunes music store, so while your searching for lyrics with our software, we give you a link to view the same song (or album) in iTunes! Canto Pod works for all iPods and requires Windows.

License: Freeware
System Requirements: Windows

« Apple iPod ads up for Cannes awards

Apple, BMW intro iPod adapter; ‘iPod Your BMW’ campaign launched »

Comments

Isn’t “canto” spanish for “I Sing”?

Posted by Twinsbb17 on June 21, 2004 at 3:25 PM (CDT)

well, thats the last time i ask a friend whos over to submit something for me while i go out to the store! lol.

i bet he did the same thing on the forum…

anyway, Canto is actually Italian, not greek. Dennis, fix please =

Posted by Zeve Salman on June 21, 2004 at 3:32 PM (CDT)

‘Canto’ means several things.  Among others, it can mean “I sing” in Spanish (as Fastfly asked), but it also refers to a single verse of a prose (or sometimes not prose) poem (think the cantos of dante).

Posted by Druid on June 21, 2004 at 4:16 PM (CDT)

“there” should be “their”

sorry to be such a grammar nazi

Posted by Sraphim on June 21, 2004 at 6:49 PM (CDT)

I’m sorry, but this program sucks.  I can’t find a damn thing.

Posted by nyahmedny on June 21, 2004 at 8:25 PM (CDT)

“canto” = “I sing” in latin, the base of, gosh, both spainish and italian

Posted by esra in PA on June 21, 2004 at 9:00 PM (CDT)

also means “corner” in portuguese

Posted by Uranus on June 21, 2004 at 9:06 PM (CDT)

They practically have 0 songs in their database. BAD.

Posted by coolpepper43 on June 21, 2004 at 10:23 PM (CDT)

if by 0 you mean 2054 + 37 that are pending, then yes, we have 0

Posted by zeve on June 21, 2004 at 10:41 PM (CDT)

I just checked and you have 0 Beatles song! How can you be a lyrics database with no Beatles? I am very glad that there is now a iPod lyrics program for Windows but you need more songs. All you have are the new bands from the last 10 years. I need more than that. I clicked about 15 different artists from your selection and only about 4 came up with something. And out of those 4, two of them had only 2 to 3 songs by that artist. I am not trying to be mean or anything but where are these 2054+ songs? I am sure in a few months you will get more. Right?

Posted by coolpeppert43 on June 22, 2004 at 12:47 AM (CDT)

Actually I just added to Beatles albums, plus Zeppelin, Neil Young, Cream, Rolling Stones, ect. It’s easy to add stuff so I’m ok with it. Could be promising.

Posted by Alex on June 22, 2004 at 2:34 AM (CDT)

Seriously, you have many well known bands, but 90% of the bands on my ipod are unknown.  Not indies, but just less know bands like Tokyo Rose, Matchbook Romance and even the well known Dashboard Confessional…get more lyrics PLEASE, also the ability to add more than 1 song at a time to your ipod would be nice in future versions

Posted by x59 on June 22, 2004 at 8:14 AM (CDT)

I had hundreds of Beatles lyrics, but the database failed so i lost them. But right now iam readding them, thanks for leetting me know that the beatles were empty!

Posted by zeve on June 22, 2004 at 9:56 AM (CDT)

I read that you can have a maximum of 1000 of contacts, does it mean you cannot have more than 1000 song lyrics?

Posted by Tchendoh on June 22, 2004 at 11:37 AM (CDT)

Even if he did add support for the Notes reader, you can only have 1000 notes too. So same thing either way.

Posted by kainjow on June 22, 2004 at 1:10 PM (CDT)

Yeah only being able to add one lyric at a time is frustrating, otherwise it’s ok.

Posted by Mike on June 22, 2004 at 1:35 PM (CDT)

I cant get any lyrics correctly… well, I tried nirvana - lithium first, and upon closer inspection of the contact file created all it has is:

ORG:
ORG:
ORG:
ORG:

so then I tried 3 doors down - when I’m gone, and, on the file I see the lyrics, but when on the ipod it only displays the first phrase and nothing more

Posted by Uranus on June 22, 2004 at 3:26 PM (CDT)

i’m not gonna load lyrics one at a time! please make it so you can do multiple ones at once.

Posted by moss_tro on June 22, 2004 at 6:32 PM (CDT)

like, by album?

Posted by zeve on June 22, 2004 at 7:50 PM (CDT)

exactly. highlighting multiple tracks.

Posted by moss_tro on June 22, 2004 at 10:02 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >