Windows: euPOD PRO 1.6 released | iLounge News

Windows: euPOD PRO 1.6 released

euPOD PRO (aka euPOD Volumeboost) is a small tool that will increase your iPod volume in a few seconds! This is handy for people using mp3gain or for European iPods with volume restriction.

What’s new in this version:

• This new version of euPOD PRO is both for US and EURO ipods. euPOD PRO is 100% freeware, dosent install on your system and has these features
  • Network feature - Browse and download content from a friends ipod over internet or local lan
  • Encryption feature - Do you use your ipod as hardisc? Use the encryption feature with BLOWFISH encryption to compress/encrypt your files. Easy.
  • Volumeboost (go way over EURO/US volume with this feature)
  • mp3gain as plugin to set all music to same level
  • Alternative Battery Meter (display as numbers)

euPOD DOES NOT RUN ON ASIAN OPERATING SYSTEMS THAT HAS NO SYSTEM SETTINGS IN ENGLISH

License: Freeware
System Requirements: Win2000/XP

« Migo Personal for iPod announced

Microsoft CEO: iPod users steal music »

Comments

No, this is windows software. However, ive been told that this feature is build in the iTunes for MAC, so u dont need a mac version of this grin

Posted by EsspeN on August 12, 2003 at 12:14 AM (PDT)

Excellent!  nuff said

Posted by Tony on August 12, 2003 at 5:29 AM (PDT)

I have a G3 iPod but and have been looking for something to fix the poor volume for ages. Thanks EspeN , this has given my pod a new life, great stuff.

Posted by Nick on August 12, 2003 at 9:28 AM (PDT)

This software creates a backup file on both iPod and PC, or just iPod? How large is the this file?

Posted by Alan on August 12, 2003 at 10:19 AM (PDT)

Yupp, on both. The backupfile is small though, mine are like 200k but if u have a large database, it could be like 1mb. But, 1mb is nothing! smile

Posted by EsspeN on August 12, 2003 at 10:00 PM (PDT)

Does this work using a USB2.0 connection, or just via a firewire connection?

Posted by Shaun on August 14, 2003 at 3:54 AM (PDT)

Yes, i think so. Let us know grin

Posted by EsspeN on August 14, 2003 at 3:57 AM (PDT)

How about adding an eject button for completeness?

Did anyone else by this guy a beer apart from me?

Great job!

Posted by Ashley Scott on August 15, 2003 at 12:53 PM (PDT)

great piece of software… was already to buy xplay for this feature but now can just with ephpod & volumeboost…

great work espen -and yes I think quite a few of us owe you a virtual beer or glass of wine.

full marks from me

Posted by MartinC on August 16, 2003 at 4:30 AM (PDT)

I downloaded the latest version, when i try to update the ipod data base I get a wrong path statement. The path is on the c: drive and I cant add anything on the line like c: program files… anyone have a answer. using windows xp home edition on a sony laptop… Thanks in advance!

Posted by James Price on August 18, 2003 at 6:28 PM (PDT)

Hi! First dock your ipod. Wait 10-15 sec, then open the program. Now there is a dropdown list that default c: if you havent putted in the right path. Now, click on that dropdown list and find the station for your ipod (on my system its i:) Then it works.

Posted by EsspeN on August 18, 2003 at 8:45 PM (PDT)

Really awesome!
Yesterday i tried to make it with the function in MusicMatch. Forget it…

Today i found your app. Very fast, very functional, very good!

Thatīs a kind of software, mankind really need wink

Posted by Worel on August 19, 2003 at 6:15 AM (PDT)

Thanks EsspeN.
I was a bit concerned about downloading this.But It ‘s great !
Took seconds to download & did just under
6,000 tracks in less than 2 seconds I did not have time to count! Unbelievable.
I have a new 30 g IPOD using MMatch.
Thanks again great stuff.

Posted by Dave Beaney on August 20, 2003 at 4:44 AM (PDT)

This is fantastic! I thought I was going to need an amp for my er4-s etymotics when using my Ipod… Not now! Prior to this software my er4s’ were lacking power and needed an amp, now they are fantastic with no distortion and the clarity is better too!! Awesome.. thanks EsspeN.

Posted by Del Griffith on August 21, 2003 at 10:21 AM (PDT)

thanks a lot guys, i can finally hear what song those pearl jam boys are playing when im in the subway.

hope you enjoy the beer

oh and apple….. thanks for the ipod, without your crappy volumacap this could never have been possible!!

Posted by jay on August 21, 2003 at 11:43 AM (PDT)

Thanx for the beers Jay, i will drink them tomorrow morning/afternoon. I have a few days off work! Thnx!

Posted by EsspeN on August 21, 2003 at 12:26 PM (PDT)

I’ve got a 2nd Generation iPod from the US (so I don’t think it has any volume restrictions at all) - is there any point of me downloading this ?

Posted by Rish on August 21, 2003 at 1:02 PM (PDT)

Not really.. The eu ipod is very very low. If u have a weird headset or if u really need much much higher volume when u connect it to some other output devices, maybe.. This software is ment for the EU ipods, but also works on US.

Posted by EsspeN on August 21, 2003 at 1:05 PM (PDT)

Actually… this software is much less covinent to the fact that you could install the US firmware on EU iPods… I remember there was actually an article showing how this could be done. It requires you to use either OSX or Linux (because Windows does not have device files)

Essentially, the EU iPods and the US iPods are the same in terms of hardware, its just that the firmware puts a cap on the volume, and there is no need to update every entry in the iPod’s DB when it is actually possible to simply change to a US firmware.

Posted by Sraphim on August 21, 2003 at 1:15 PM (PDT)

WOW! what a fantastic piece of software, Thanks , have to turn the volume down now!
GREAT!

Posted by Neil on August 21, 2003 at 3:21 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 12 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >  Last »