Windows: euPOD PRO 1.6 released | iLounge News

Windows: euPOD PRO 1.6 released

euPOD PRO (aka euPOD Volumeboost) is a small tool that will increase your iPod volume in a few seconds! This is handy for people using mp3gain or for European iPods with volume restriction.

What’s new in this version:

• This new version of euPOD PRO is both for US and EURO ipods. euPOD PRO is 100% freeware, dosent install on your system and has these features
  • Network feature - Browse and download content from a friends ipod over internet or local lan
  • Encryption feature - Do you use your ipod as hardisc? Use the encryption feature with BLOWFISH encryption to compress/encrypt your files. Easy.
  • Volumeboost (go way over EURO/US volume with this feature)
  • mp3gain as plugin to set all music to same level
  • Alternative Battery Meter (display as numbers)

euPOD DOES NOT RUN ON ASIAN OPERATING SYSTEMS THAT HAS NO SYSTEM SETTINGS IN ENGLISH

License: Freeware
System Requirements: Win2000/XP

« Migo Personal for iPod announced

Microsoft CEO: iPod users steal music »

Comments

FANTASTIC !!!!!!
Worked a treat first time and only took seconds to update my whole songs list. This has made my EU iPod loud enough to drown out the crappy music they play at the gym.

Thanks a million

Posted by CaptZener on August 22, 2003 at 1:36 AM (CDT)

Anyone tested battery life before and after?

Posted by Harrison on August 22, 2003 at 4:13 AM (CDT)

Obviously, just like if you turned the volume up without the Europcap it would need more pwer and affect the battery life.

Posted by Mr Tony B Liar & Mr George W BUllSHit on August 22, 2003 at 5:10 AM (CDT)

Wow! - this really does work! Try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Posted by Alan on August 22, 2003 at 3:26 PM (CDT)

Works a real treat.  Very impressive piece of software.

Posted by Pob on August 23, 2003 at 3:35 AM (CDT)

it seamed to overright my volume leveling from ephpod. how about it adding that percent to the leveled songs instead of just 40% across the board??

Posted by Dtec454 on August 25, 2003 at 5:12 PM (CDT)

that you use mp3gain for :-)

Posted by EsspeN on August 25, 2003 at 10:03 PM (CDT)

does it work the same like “MP3 Gain”?
If I made all my songs with mp3gain to the same level and then use euPOD Volumeboost, does ist reset the volume settings of mp3gain?

Posted by tim on August 27, 2003 at 6:35 AM (CDT)

No, it dosent touch the mp3 files at all. Every change you do with any other program on the mp3 will still be there when u run the app. This app do ONLY change something in the ipod database that is stored on your ipod :-)

Posted by EsspeN on August 27, 2003 at 6:42 AM (CDT)

=== FANTASTIC ===, 10E6 times

Posted by Hans on August 29, 2003 at 10:54 AM (CDT)

That program has made my day big time !!! Before hand, when connecting my Vivanco disco bins to the Ipod, could hardly hear a thing. Now it sounds wonderful. No distortion or change to the MP3 characteristics at all. Apple ..... u should be ashamed.

Cheers bud.

Posted by Flystar on August 30, 2003 at 1:52 AM (CDT)

Question..Just checking that I am doing this right: I don’t have to synch my ipod after I run the program, right? Just hook the ipod, find the right path and run the program and it will update the files that are already on my ipod? thanks!!

Guy

Posted by Guy on August 31, 2003 at 9:12 AM (CDT)

your doing it right ;-) Run the program as the last thing u do before unplugging it drom the computer (remember to close all other ipod software)

Posted by EsspeN on August 31, 2003 at 10:21 AM (CDT)

Spanking peice of kit!

I loved my Ipod but now I love it even more.

Enjoy the beer mate!

P.S. all of you using this program why not show a little generosity and buy the guy a beer, he surely deserves it for enhancing your listening pleasure!

Posted by apricotsnixon on September 5, 2003 at 2:39 PM (CDT)

Thanx for the beer mate!!! Im gonna get drunk tomorrow for sure :-) Thnx a lot!

Posted by EsspeN on September 5, 2003 at 3:55 PM (CDT)

Question: will it work even with mp4/aac files?

Posted by rollooo on September 8, 2003 at 11:47 AM (CDT)

Im not sure.. Maybe it does, since it just update the database and not the mp3’s. If u try, let me know, u can undo all changes so there is nothing to worry about. Let me know!

Posted by EsspeN on September 8, 2003 at 12:14 PM (CDT)

fantastic! it works even with mp4/aac. thank you thank you, esspen

Posted by rollooo on September 9, 2003 at 4:03 AM (CDT)

It does? Nice! Thanx for letting me know!

Im working on a new beta now with an EJECT/UNMOUNT ipod button as well!

If anyone wanna betatest it today (9/9/2003) or tomorrow, send me an email to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by EsspeN on September 9, 2003 at 4:07 AM (CDT)

and maybe… a software to normalize all the songs to the same level?

Posted by rollooo on September 9, 2003 at 10:40 AM (CDT)

Page 3 of 12 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›