Windows: iArt 2.0 released | iLounge News

Windows: iArt 2.0 released

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, July 16, 2004
News Categories: Windows Software

iArt is a freeware program that can be used to download album art for your iTunes library. It allows you to choose what playlist (or your library) to get album art for. You can then choose exactly what tracks you want music for, and then iArt will download covers for your music from Amazon! This program depends on your tags so having good tags usually gets better results. However, iArt will also work with music with missing tags, as long as the artist tag is there, it can attempt to find a match!

What’s new in this version

This version adds support for getting album art for your music through jpegs that are in the same directory as the music.

License: Freeware
System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP and iTunes 4.5

« UK reader poll reveals iPod mini color prefs

Winners of iTunes 100m giveaway announced »

Comments

Love the program but somehow it put the wrong art with about half my songs (art from other albums in my library…). I’m having a heck of time trying to sort it out, even though it was sort of cool. I’m bummed about the mix ups.

Posted by Jenny on June 14, 2004 at 9:11 AM (PDT)

This is a fantastic peice of software!!!

Posted by moneymark on June 19, 2004 at 6:37 AM (PDT)

I pride myself on my id3 tags being clean and perfect, but this program was shocking. i gave it a sample of 20 files. on a cable connection it took 20 minutes, and came back with no results. albums like ‘u2 all you can’t leave behind’ were simple, on the bit where you go through it manually, it was the first option, the track and album were correct… but it didn’t come up with anything. at the moment it has been searchin for a self titled album by korn for a good 10 minutes on manual mode… frozen? im not sure. anyone know why this is hapening?

Posted by unknownsoldier on July 6, 2004 at 3:21 AM (PDT)

Mac tip: get Clutter!

For some reason it has a far greater (almost 100%!) success rate in finding album art than anything else I’ve run across.

I have used FetchArt as a starting point for a freshly-ripped CD library, because it’s so simple and automated. But it misses a lot so then I turn to Clutter. It’s meant to load art for one album at a time, not a whole library, but just go down the Album list in iTunes and you’ll be done before you know it.

Then, for every future CD I buy, I just grab the art from Clutter after ripping.

BTW, FetchArt on Mac got a bunch of wrong art for me once—art from one album appeared on another. I simply used Get Info to remove all the art with one click, ran FetchArt again, and it was fine. Go figure.

Posted by Nagromme on July 16, 2004 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

The reason there is no Mac version is that there are already several programs that do the same thing for the Mac.  In fact, they probably do it better and faster.  Don’t rag on us PC people just because we want a sliver of the functionality of iApps.

Posted by Jozer99 on July 18, 2004 at 4:15 PM (PDT)

Hello,

I’m having some problems with this program and I’m hoping someone here can offer some answers. I am running Windows 2000.

First I got a warning telling me cannot find mscoree.dll

So I downloaded the dll to the iart folder.

Then I rebooted and got the following warning:

“Please set registry key HKLM/Software/Microsoft/.NETFramework?InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted by AU on October 21, 2004 at 6:23 AM (PDT)

Hey All,

Can anyone tell me where to find iART? I’ve tried the D/L link above but it sends me to a “page cannot be found” site.

Thanks

Posted by NYCBorn in San Diego on November 17, 2004 at 11:44 PM (PDT)

NYC,

I had the same problems with the link here on ipodlounge being down.  I finall was able to download it from: http://ipodsoft.com/software.aspx

I’m now using it and am happy with it’s performance!

Best Wishes!

Posted by Curtis on November 18, 2004 at 12:24 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2