Windows: iPod Agent 0.6.0 beta released | iLounge News

Windows: iPod Agent 0.6.0 beta released

Pod Agent is a Windows program for use with an Apple iPod. It allows you to easily do various tasks that have been relatively hard to do without buying some 3rd party software. iPod Agent currently does the following and more (see website):

• Transfers songs from your iPod to your PC

• Transfers Outlook mail to your iPod

• Transfers Outlook appointments to your iPod

• Transfers Outlook contacts to your iPod

• Transfers Outlook tasks to your iPod

• Transfers Outlook notes to your iPod

What’s new in this version:

See website for extensive list of new features and enhancements.

License: Freeware
    System Requirements: Windows and .NET Framework 1.1 (installed)

• « JAVOScreen iPod mini screen protector released

PlayFair is back, again »

Comments

I’m using my computer at home… but, I’m using the outlook to connect to my school server.
    but, i’m having the same problem even if I use the latest version of ipodagent (that doesn’t require the outlook installed)....

Posted by raghu on March 2, 2004 at 12:13 PM (PDT)

The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1 position 1

Posted by Ryan on March 2, 2004 at 12:26 PM (PDT)

Weather still failed to sync

Posted by Ryan on March 2, 2004 at 12:28 PM (PDT)

I have the same problem “The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1 position 1”

Posted by ohshi on March 2, 2004 at 12:49 PM (PDT)

Are you guys that are having the problems syncing RSS news and weather using any kind of web filtering software and/or behind a proxy server?

Posted by Shadow on March 2, 2004 at 12:58 PM (PDT)

I have a firewall, but I have tried syncing with the firewall turned off and I still have the same problems.

Posted by ohshi on March 2, 2004 at 1:33 PM (PDT)

Ok, I think I may have solved most of these news/weather sync problems. I was able to duplicate these error messages at home where I don’t have a proxy server. I’ve uploaded a new version of iPod Agent that I hope solves the problems. It has one added feature. You can now setup a proxy server if you need to. There is a new button on the Sync Settings screen that will brind up a window with proxy server settings. Please let me know if this solves your problems or not.

Thanks,
    Shadow

Posted by Shadow on March 2, 2004 at 3:43 PM (PDT)

NOW IT WORKS FOR ME ... EXCELLENT!!!

Posted by ohshi on March 2, 2004 at 4:28 PM (PDT)

Great to hear! Anyone else?

Posted by Shadow on March 2, 2004 at 4:35 PM (PDT)

it worked as well. only current forecast with canadian airport code. any ideas for longer forecast? i will try emails as welll. only the header downloaded but not the full text, but i will try again

Posted by bkush on March 2, 2004 at 4:38 PM (PDT)

yeah, it worked for me too…...thanks alot….........

Posted by raghu on March 2, 2004 at 4:38 PM (PDT)

email works now.i’m gettin giddy.

Posted by bkush on March 2, 2004 at 4:54 PM (PDT)

switching weather location to calgary.ab.ca gave me a five day forecast. tried adding yahoo rss sites,got “object reference not set to an instance of an object”

Posted by bkush on March 2, 2004 at 5:33 PM (PDT)

Could you give me the URL of one of the yahoo RSS sites that fail?

Posted by Shadow on March 2, 2004 at 6:01 PM (PDT)

i tried this one plus a few others.i deleted your program,downloaded again and still got that error whentrying to add feed.

Posted by bkush on March 2, 2004 at 6:23 PM (PDT)

Worked great now

nice job m8

keep up the good work

Posted by Ryan on March 2, 2004 at 6:38 PM (PDT)

bkush, are you getting that error just adding the feed to the list? Or, when you attempt to sync? Does it ever show up on the RSS news feed list?

Posted by Shadow on March 2, 2004 at 6:54 PM (PDT)

Ok, one last release for the day. I just put up version 0.1.5. This one fixes a problem I with the new proxy settings screen I added in the last version. Version 0.1.4 would generate erros when syncing if you went into the proxy settings screen and hit OK without actually using a proxy. This has been fixed. Hopefully, this will solve the error messages some people are getting right now with syncing the news and weather.

Also, the contacts and appointments are now all stored in single files instead of multiple files.

Once again, please let me know if this update fixes your problems.

Posted by Shadow on March 2, 2004 at 8:26 PM (PDT)

After installing, uninstalling, waiting for an update or two, than installing again, the program finally works for me without any problems thusfar. :D

Nice program, although I am still looking forward to pod2go for windows.

I’d just like to commend Shadow on his fast response to feedback with multiple releases of his program in one day.  You don’t often get service like that. ;D

Keep up the good work, man!

Posted by Prototypechild on March 2, 2004 at 8:58 PM (PDT)

I’m getting the same error bkush is getting using the same feeds.  It installed the first time, but after removing the feed from teh list, whenver i go to add a feed it says “object reference not set to an instance of an object”.

Posted by dave on March 2, 2004 at 9:29 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >