Windows: iTunes SideKick v1.2.0 Released | iLounge News

Windows: iTunes SideKick v1.2.0 Released

The iTunes SideKick plug-in adds several enhancements to iTunes for Windows, including Always on Top, Minimize to System Tray, Opacity Adjustment of Mini Mode window and more.

What’s new in this version:
1. Always on Top (mini mode window)
2. Minimize to System Tray
3. Current Artist and Song Name in Systray ToolTip
4. Opacity Adjustment of Mini Mode window
5. New About Window.
6. Show in system Tray Only (Mini Mode)

Please read the Readme.txt for installation instructions.. They are very straight foward.. You simply put the .dll into the Plug-Ins dir.. Anyways..

WARNING:
Please remove any other “Always on Top” Mods/Plugins you may have before running iTunes with this plugin.. Who knows what will happen.. hehe..

WARNING:
Please make sure that you have “Show in System Tray” in the iTunes Advanced option menu checked.

Ok well thats it, Download Away… Report any bugz..

REQUEST:
I provide this plug-in for free and host it on my server for free.. I will never charge for one of my iTunes mods but I would like to request that if you can, please donate some money to me thru PayPal… Every little bit helps…

License: Freeware
System Requirements: Windows

« Washington Post: MP3 Players to Rival Pricier iPod

Save 15% at Javoedge on all accessories »

Comments

For windows users, it would be great if the download was a Zip instead of a RAR.

Posted by Jake on December 7, 2003 at 12:01 AM (CST)

I’m a windows user. I much prefer rar to zip.

Posted by Squibbles on December 7, 2003 at 12:26 AM (CST)

This plugin sounds good…I think I’ll just wait for someone else to try it first though…LOL

Posted by styles on December 7, 2003 at 12:30 AM (CST)

I’ve tried it… It works quite well.  Always on top + 40% opacity = uber-cool.  ;)

Posted by azdude_15gb on December 7, 2003 at 12:35 AM (CST)

BTW… .zip is splitting into two incompatible factions, from what i’ve read… the future may lie with .rar.  I prefer it, too.

Posted by azdude_15gb on December 7, 2003 at 12:37 AM (CST)

very good plug-in, love it, thx very much

Posted by Jerry on December 7, 2003 at 2:06 AM (CST)

how can i change the opacity?

Posted by confused on December 7, 2003 at 2:08 AM (CST)

what does opacity mean?

Posted by david on December 7, 2003 at 2:35 AM (CST)

Opacity is the transparency of the window. Whether its see-through or not :)

Posted by AndrewProudlove on December 7, 2003 at 3:28 AM (CST)

I wish I could ban the use of the word Uber…

I keep thinking of Drew Barrymore and it makes me nautious…

Posted by bababooey on December 7, 2003 at 5:24 AM (CST)

Excellent…......can’t believe someone would complain about it being a .rar.  LOL.

Posted by cottonstar on December 7, 2003 at 5:35 AM (CST)

well some people can’t afford winrar

Posted by ti on December 7, 2003 at 6:02 AM (CST)

This works great! Really very good, for those who made it, and making it available so easily: Thanks! The minimize to system tray is perfect and I didn’t even know opacity was an option in windows.

Posted by jason on December 7, 2003 at 6:58 AM (CST)

Can’t afford WinRAR? Try UnRAR, it’s free.

Posted by Todd on December 7, 2003 at 7:30 AM (CST)

ZIP support is built-in to XP (without downloading software).  RAR is not.

That’s a big reason that some people might complain.

Posted by john on December 7, 2003 at 8:47 AM (CST)

.RAR compression is pretty standard these days…ALOT of web downloads uses RAR.

Posted by ililililil on December 7, 2003 at 8:55 AM (CST)

ya, but winzip is a prettier client than winrar

Posted by mark on December 7, 2003 at 9:11 AM (CST)

wow ive never heard so much complaining about a file format. be a little respectful to the guy and thank him for doing this for free. jeez.

Posted by zeve on December 7, 2003 at 9:36 AM (CST)

If you don’t have it, just download the WinRAR free trial (use for 40 days) and use it to upack this great iTunes plug-in.  I did, and I may stick with WinRAR if I like it.

Posted by Caninehead on December 7, 2003 at 10:14 AM (CST)

The iTunes sidekick works fantastic!!  I would not use iTunes before this came out for a few reasons and the not being able to minimize to the system tray was a big one.  Thanks for creating this, it works like a charm!

Also, for the whole rar/zip situation, I use Power Archiver, which handles all types of compression formats.  It can be found at http://www.powerarchiver.com/  Just thought I would through that in.

Posted by txcrew in Chicago on December 7, 2003 at 10:48 AM (CST)

Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›