Windows: iTunes SideKick v1.2.0 Released | iLounge News

Windows: iTunes SideKick v1.2.0 Released

The iTunes SideKick plug-in adds several enhancements to iTunes for Windows, including Always on Top, Minimize to System Tray, Opacity Adjustment of Mini Mode window and more.

What’s new in this version:
1. Always on Top (mini mode window)
2. Minimize to System Tray
3. Current Artist and Song Name in Systray ToolTip
4. Opacity Adjustment of Mini Mode window
5. New About Window.
6. Show in system Tray Only (Mini Mode)

Please read the Readme.txt for installation instructions.. They are very straight foward.. You simply put the .dll into the Plug-Ins dir.. Anyways..

WARNING:
Please remove any other “Always on Top” Mods/Plugins you may have before running iTunes with this plugin.. Who knows what will happen.. hehe..

WARNING:
Please make sure that you have “Show in System Tray” in the iTunes Advanced option menu checked.

Ok well thats it, Download Away… Report any bugz..

REQUEST:
I provide this plug-in for free and host it on my server for free.. I will never charge for one of my iTunes mods but I would like to request that if you can, please donate some money to me thru PayPal… Every little bit helps…

License: Freeware
System Requirements: Windows

« Washington Post: MP3 Players to Rival Pricier iPod

Save 15% at Javoedge on all accessories »

Comments

Great plug-in. Didn’t even realize PC iTunes could use plugins.

Now let’s hope somebody extends the capability of the smart playlists (add true Boolean operators - if, and, or, not - basic stuff that is lacking currently).

Some good vis’s would be nice too.

-Michael

Posted by Spire in Vancouver on December 7, 2003 at 9:24 AM (PDT)

Micheal (Spire):

WhiteCap 4.5.5 is an awesome vis for iTunes:

Posted by azdude_15gb on December 7, 2003 at 9:27 AM (PDT)

I couldn’t agree more with you Michael. If there is one thing iTunes is lacking it is those (if/and/or/not statements) I really want that functionality :(

Oh, great plug-in btw smile

- Justin

Posted by noname in Ottawa on December 7, 2003 at 9:29 AM (PDT)

The good thing is that Apple typically listens to the top user-requested features.

We got gift certificates & on-the-go syncing & voice recording out of the way… Next at the top of the list is smarter smart playlists, as far as I can tell.

Posted by azdude_15gb on December 7, 2003 at 9:41 AM (PDT)

how does one make iTunes go into mini-mode?

Posted by Robin on December 7, 2003 at 9:44 AM (PDT)

Click the restore button.  (Middle of the set of 3 in the top right).

Here’s a tip that takes some people awhile to figure out:

You can resize the minimode more than you think.  Shrink it to the left far enough, and the “LCD” disappears entirely, leaving only back, play, and forward.

Posted by azdude_15gb on December 7, 2003 at 9:52 AM (PDT)

Ahhh da##.  Not you again.

Posted by azdude_15gb on December 7, 2003 at 12:03 PM (PDT)

Ah MC9, you’ll never give up

Posted by gilatrout on December 7, 2003 at 3:12 PM (PDT)

No kidding…this post has nothing to do w/ your software.

Posted by styles on December 7, 2003 at 4:10 PM (PDT)

Cool!  And zip decompression is built into WinXP but you ever tried to use it?  It is VERY SLOW!

If anything, I’d prefer using the rar format because it’s more compact (not that it matters in this age of high speed downloads) and linux users can use it.  I believe Stuffit can unrar too.

Zip is ok and I still prefer rar’s first.  It’s not really breaking into two standards.  Only for encrypted zips is it different as two companies are making their own implementation of the encryption.  This is not good.  “can’t we all just get along?”

Posted by AnimeCabbit on December 7, 2003 at 4:52 PM (PDT)

We are *all* MC9

A little bird told me that MC10 is due out Real Soon Now, so soon we will all be MC10!

Posted by Spartacus on December 7, 2003 at 5:14 PM (PDT)

Sure wish someone would create a plugin to support playback of the FLAC format and conversion from FLAC to AAC in iTunes.

Posted by falcon on December 7, 2003 at 5:16 PM (PDT)

MC9 is cool.
It is a shame it costs $40.
I will stick to iTunes.

Posted by Max B on December 7, 2003 at 5:48 PM (PDT)

MC9 is far from cool. And why bother with MC10? After all, MC11 will immediately follow.

What a joke.

Posted by Atomic Bomb on December 7, 2003 at 7:46 PM (PDT)

I wish someone would add ‘enqueue’ functionality to iTunes through plugins :D

Posted by jogloran on December 7, 2003 at 10:30 PM (PDT)

i am a itunes 4.1.54 user,
i creat new plug-ins folder and copy this dll into it ,and restart itunes ,but nothing happen ! :( what’s the problem

Posted by eshui6506 on December 7, 2003 at 11:14 PM (PDT)

whats the big hype with mc9… I waited and wiated for itunes and got it.. I really don’t feel I am missing anything…

Posted by bababooey on December 8, 2003 at 2:17 AM (PDT)

.rar is good but why not use .ace!.. i like it the oldschool way. =)

btw.. very nice plug-in

Posted by Jonas on December 8, 2003 at 3:28 AM (PDT)

“whats the big hype with mc9… I waited and wiated for itunes and got it.. I really don’t feel I am missing anything”

Have you used MC9? iTunes is a nice low-end audio jukebox, if a little non-configurable.

MC9 is a robust client-server multimedia platform. It records, transcodes, streams audio and video across LAN and WAN, and generally does everything.

The drawback if a steeper learning curve and a buggier program. But not as buggy as iTunes on Windows!

Posted by MC69 on December 8, 2003 at 7:18 AM (PDT)

“MC9 is a robust client-server multimedia platform…”

What’s up with the mumbo-jumbo double-speak. It’s crap-ware - plain and simple. “Buggier”? Uh, yeah. To say the least.

Want to record, transcode, blah blah blah? Then how about using Logic? Or just make your own music with Soundtrack?

I mean, really. The beauty of iTunes is exactly that it doesn’t try to do too much - and fail at all those “extras” the way MC9 does. Instead, iTunes does exactly what is needed of it, and it does it well. Simplicity and quality. That’s the Apple way.

Posted by Atomic Bomb on December 8, 2003 at 9:32 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >