Windows: MUSICMATCH Jukebox 8 Released | iLounge News

Windows: MUSICMATCH Jukebox 8 Released

MUSICMATCH has launched a new version of its Jukebox, the software usually attached to Windows iPods. Main updates are visual enhancements and fine-tuning ‘under the hood’.

What’s new in v8.0:

• Music Center Get started quickly with instant access to popular and advanced Jukebox features in the new Music Center - burn, record, play, and manage your music collection with ease. An all-new simplified, streamlined look also makes the Jukebox easier to use than ever before.
  • Enhanced Super Tagging MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus lets you automatically add artist, album and song information to your entire MP3 collection quickly and easily with Super Tagging. Automatically tag groups of tracks using the file name, or tag tracks directly from MUSICMATCH online. You can also clean up file names with the new ‘Rename files from Tag’ feature
  • Slideshow (Plus version only) Create personalized montages of photos and graphics that play along with your music, right on your desktop.

License: Jukebox Plus $19.99 risk-free and Jukebox Basic is free. Upgrade is available for those who purchased MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus. See website for details.
System Requirements: Pentium Class 300MHz processor or better, Windows® 98/Me/NT/2000/XP, 96 MB RAM (32 MB for Win98), 50 MB hard drive space (400 MB recommended for radio usage), video display card, soundcard, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.

« Anyone Can Submit iPod News Here

Apple: iTunes Music Store Tops Two Million Song Downloads »

Comments

And they can shove it up right next to the older versions.

Posted by Pbox on May 14, 2003 at 1:27 PM (PDT)

My wife uses a PC and this is her favorite music player.  She won’t switch guys, so we a cross-platform marriage. wink

Posted by serpico in Vancouver on May 14, 2003 at 4:47 PM (PDT)

least we know who wears the pants in that family. i bet you do the dishes also!

Posted by Jaguares in Bay Area, Ca on May 14, 2003 at 5:03 PM (PDT)

don’t you? wink Since your lady is always over here!

Posted by serpico in Vancouver on May 14, 2003 at 5:11 PM (PDT)

I have never had a problem with MM.
Its a load better than windows media

Posted by Ian in UK on May 15, 2003 at 4:11 AM (PDT)

I would disagree. Windows Media Player 9 is a great player for me. I have had functionality and compatibility problems with MM though.

Posted by mongoos150 in Tucson, AZ on May 15, 2003 at 4:27 AM (PDT)

In yet another slap in the face to Windows iPod users (who outnumber Mac iPod users, by the way), MusicMatch 8.0 is not a free upgrade for those of us who purchased MusicMatch as part of our iPod package.

The upgrade to 8.0 must be purchased seperately.

I for one will not be paying for a software update which to me is just a bug fix over the current, buggy, sloppy 7.5 version.  This is ridiculous.

As of now, I am no longer recommending iPod to my friends.  Neither Apple nor Musicmatch seem interested in supporting their customers with software updates after less than one year.  Unbelievable.

Posted by Erik in Japan on May 15, 2003 at 6:06 AM (PDT)

Well, I’m excited about this latest release.  And until Apple releases iTunes for Windows MusicMatch is the way to go!

Posted by Erik2.0 in Canada on May 15, 2003 at 6:54 AM (PDT)

i paid the $20 and i thought it was a ripoff… there’s not a lot different but i’m still loyal to musicmatch and i think its a great program better than all other music jukeboxes, i think they need crossfading though

Posted by ti in England on May 15, 2003 at 7:08 AM (PDT)

I am amazed of the above comments. It is totally pointless to compare MM to Windows Media. Both are total and utter crap.

Have any of you tried free software lately. WinAmp is way better than anything else. You can use your folders to organize your stuff. ID3-TagIt is way better than any of the above for mass tagging. and EphPod (2.58) is the best to hook your iPod up.

That ia all I use and need. Paid $0 for all of it. No DRM, no crap. Can copy files to and from my iPod, etc.

Switch people, switch to free!

Posted by Pbox on May 15, 2003 at 8:36 AM (PDT)

I got Musicmatch for free with the iPod.  I updated to Musicmatch 8.0 with a crack… do you think I’m actually going to pay for an update key when I know that iTunes will be coming soon.  BTW, I haven’t had any problems with Musicmatch.  It organizes my MP3’s nicely, the synch function is alright, tagging is easy… you have to be a complete morn to s-c-r-e-w that up… and ripping speed are damn fast.  So, I’ve paid $0 as well and I’m very happy!  No need to switch until iTunes comes along!

Posted by Great White North in Canada on May 16, 2003 at 6:00 AM (PDT)

If you like it so much, why use a crack and not pay the measly amount to use it and support the developers???  iTunes may come and may not come, it may suck for all we know and then you would be upset????  It’s a good program for pc users.

Posted by guest in USA on May 16, 2003 at 7:07 AM (PDT)

I Love MM I actually paid for lifetime upgrades. It was cheaper in the long run. Since I can’t get Itunes—I didn’t know about it before buying my ipod—I use this.
Winamp is too plain, Windows media player too restrictive, and Real is a JOKE.

Posted by guest2 in wk on May 21, 2003 at 2:36 AM (PDT)

Interesting discussion. My opinion: good product but MM is a company of deceitful thieves. They promise a lot but don’t live up to it. Even to the ‘lifetime upgraders’. They only honour a couple of upgrade times and then slam the door right in your face. That is lying and stealing. Besides that, the new 8.0 version excells in crashing on XP’s.

Posted by John in Canada on May 23, 2003 at 10:23 PM (PDT)

I don’t see how so many of you can complain about having to actually pay for a new version of software. It’s people like you who ultimately help Bill Gates take over the world by not supporting smaller, independent software companies that makes software for the rest of us. Get a life! Oh, by the way, here’s a link to a good crack:

Enjoy!

Posted by purplematrix on June 12, 2003 at 8:10 AM (PDT)

Does MM8 support iPod ?

I thought that the supplied 7.10 version was custum, and the only version actually supporting iPod.

Posted by pro2type on July 10, 2003 at 2:34 PM (PDT)