Windows: SharePod 1.7 released | iLounge News

Windows: SharePod 1.7 released

Hi, Ive written a new windows program called SharePod, which allows you to easily share your music with friends who may not have an iPod, and therefore no Ephpod or similar installed. It also allows you to do P2P type music sharing straight from the iPod over a network, we use it at work. Free VB source is also available to download.

What’s new in this version:

• BUGFIX: Wrong songs often selected when ordering/filtering!!  This has been fixed wink

• Transfer button on toolbar

• Columns now save their sizes and show direction (ascending/descending) arrow when ordering.

• Status bar shows Total play time and Total size of selected files/playlists.

• Redesigned transfer progress screen.

Full source code is provided as usual wink

License: Freeware
    System Requirements: Windows

• « Photos of iTunes Europe launch

Teski releases clear cover for roadie case »

Comments

cool, the prog. we are all waiting for is now coded. thx alot. !

and buuuh to the tuneout author :(
    [QUOTE from Jeff]
    The VB source code is also freely available, unlike the Tuneout app whose author wants people to pay $5 to download source code he ripped from Ephpod!!  >:|

this is really not nice.

Posted by grimmet on December 12, 2003 at 8:05 AM (PDT)

#### YOU! why don’t you take a look at Tuneout before you make a stupid assumption…yes its based on EphPod read and write code but its not like Joe gave me the file and i just compiled it. Right now you can only browse your iPod DB using Tuneout but why don’t you compare my browser to EphPod browser YOU’ll ####### NOTICE it dosn’t use any of the same components you’ll also notice it browses differently. I no longer sell the source code because i didn’t know i couldn’t sell my modified source code I wasn’t selling his code i was selling my modified code that was modified to a hudge extent….anyway its not being sold cause this to isn’t allowed i just didn’t know. But don’t go making it sound like he send me the code and i compiled it cause thats not what happened you ####.

Posted by Tuneout on December 12, 2003 at 9:54 AM (PDT)

Well, it’s a good idea.  I like it.

Posted by bigdirtyfoot on December 12, 2003 at 1:42 PM (PDT)

lol tuneout….calm down, Im just taking this info from your website, where you say “‘donate’ $5 to me and I will send you the source code”

Posted by zero in NZ on December 12, 2003 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

Wow.  Tuneout just went off my list.  Dude, you could build the best iPod software ion earth, and because of your juvenile reaction, I wouldn’t buy it.

Have a nice life.

Posted by stark23x on December 12, 2003 at 6:51 PM (PDT)

Yeah really, chill out. It’s funny how everyone is more or less well adjusted, then they get on the internet, and they are ready to kill someone over a couple words.

Posted by monkedsel on December 12, 2003 at 8:04 PM (PDT)

Wow its off your list wow!

Posted by Tuneout on December 12, 2003 at 9:13 PM (PDT)

Zero,
    Yeah it did say that, and the source code was based on ephpod read and write but it is as much my source code as it is ephpod cause its been changed greatly so i thought i could sell it, but im not selling it because joe said this isn’t allowed aswell, i told him okay np i didn’t know once i modified the code I would be able to do what i want with it. If you look at my app you will see its not like i got the files from ephpod and compiled it cause joe just gave me a text in email, so…..long story short its not being sold anymore cause i didn’t know that modified code wasn’t allowed to be sold and since its not im not selling it…..and who ever dson’t want to use Tuneout don’t I don’t give a ####, the whole point of the project was to learn and begin a project that will work with iPod but the way i would like it to.

Posted by Tuneout on December 12, 2003 at 9:17 PM (PDT)

“its not being sold anymore cause i didn’t know that modified code wasn’t allowed to be sold “

——

“the whole point of the project was to learn “

———-

seems like your point was to make a few bucks as well.. otherwise the 5$ donation statement would of never been placed on your website…

Posted by bababooey on December 13, 2003 at 7:38 AM (PDT)

You say donation like you don’t know what the word means.

Posted by Tuneout on December 13, 2003 at 12:16 PM (PDT)

“‘donate’ $5 to me and I will send you the source code”

Sounds like YOU don’t know what donate means…

Sounds like a purchase for goods and services.. something that you vitually stole from Ephpod… I consider people like that a thief or fraud…

Posted by Lt Dangle on December 13, 2003 at 2:11 PM (PDT)

“the whole point of the project was to learn ”

-why does your learning require money from us?

Posted by ChopSTiX on December 13, 2003 at 2:14 PM (PDT)

more incoherent false rubbish

What are you, like 10 years old?

Get a clue.

Read something except VB online help files. Find out what “copyright” means, and “public domain” and “open source” and “GPL” and “BSDL” and other licences.

Posted by TuneoutAHole on December 13, 2003 at 7:38 PM (PDT)

TuneoutAHole
    EphPod was and isn’t yet under and licences.
    When I emailed Joe about the source code he freely gave me a copy, he said it will later be under a license but it was not….so to get to the point I said im not gonna give the code out, But I redid the source code there is a hudge difference between my code and his hudge. I thought if I change it, I would have no problems if I sold it. Since Joe emailed me and siad this is not the case i stopped selling it. And if you actually took the time to go on the site it says nothing about 5$ it only has a donation button and a download tuneout button so GET A CLUE

Posted by Tuneout on December 14, 2003 at 4:36 PM (PDT)

Tuneout is now being tuned out.  Moving back to the point here, SharePod.

I’m trying to run this program.  I just downloaded the latest version and put the exe in the root of my iPod.

Nothing.

“There was an error loading your iTunesDB file!

You must run SharePod from the root of your iPod.”

Yeah…umm…I am.

Posted by stark23x on December 17, 2003 at 10:35 PM (PDT)

Tuneout ur not really a good biznazz man you now wink

Posted by happy man on February 10, 2004 at 12:36 PM (PDT)

There was an error loading your iTunesDB file! Make sure you are running SharePod from your iPod drive!

The error was: 339, Component ‘comdlg32.ocx’ or one of it’s dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

...is the error i get.

i placed the following files in system32 directory:

MSCOMCT2.OCX
    MSFLXGRD.OCX
    msvcrt.dll
    scrrun.dll

and i am running the program from the root of iPod.

any help would be greatly appreciated since i would love to use this and save my On-The-Go Playslists.

thank you!

Posted by a googly moogly on February 10, 2004 at 5:05 PM (PDT)

Damn, and I was just gonna download it and try it out.

Those files are built into XP, is it not?  If so, people running XP should be fine and not get those errors?

Posted by cabbit on February 11, 2004 at 3:09 AM (PDT)

brilliant, absolutely brilliant!! cheers mate, just what ive been waiting for. same day i got my firewire card aswell.

Posted by bobbybobby in uk on February 11, 2004 at 4:28 PM (PDT)

Those files are built into XP, is it not? If so, people running XP should be fine and not get those errors?

No, it’s not. The ‘.ocx’ files are ActiveX controls. ActiveX is currently supported on the Windows operating systems, but there are more than 1,000 existing ActiveX controls available for use today by Web producers.

In particular, I run Xp and I got three errors about ‘.ocx’ files….

PS. SharePod 1.5 is great!
    (i know my english sucks…i’m sorry)

Posted by minidriver on February 11, 2004 at 10:50 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >