Windows: SharePod 1.7 released | iLounge News

Windows: SharePod 1.7 released

Hi, Ive written a new windows program called SharePod, which allows you to easily share your music with friends who may not have an iPod, and therefore no Ephpod or similar installed. It also allows you to do P2P type music sharing straight from the iPod over a network, we use it at work. Free VB source is also available to download.

What’s new in this version:

• BUGFIX: Wrong songs often selected when ordering/filtering!!  This has been fixed ;)

• Transfer button on toolbar

• Columns now save their sizes and show direction (ascending/descending) arrow when ordering.

• Status bar shows Total play time and Total size of selected files/playlists.

• Redesigned transfer progress screen.

Full source code is provided as usual ;)

License: Freeware
    System Requirements: Windows

• « Photos of iTunes Europe launch

Teski releases clear cover for roadie case »

Comments

Well done Sir ! Flawless execution, Congratulations.

Posted by Shaoolin on April 11, 2004 at 8:02 PM (CDT)

Oh yes, this is really handy program! Good work!

Posted by Jussi on May 18, 2004 at 7:40 AM (CDT)

mine shows me the splash-screen, then hangs forever

Posted by Uranus on May 18, 2004 at 3:01 PM (CDT)

OMG back from the dead!

Posted by noogabooga on May 18, 2004 at 6:32 PM (CDT)

This ere sharepod is the dogs danglies

Posted by Kash on May 19, 2004 at 3:51 AM (CDT)

Simple and effective solution. No problems in WinXP and 2k.

Well done ...well done!

Posted by dx on May 19, 2004 at 10:19 PM (CDT)

Great software!!!!
    Thanks :)

Posted by KR on May 21, 2004 at 1:37 AM (CDT)

Nice job! Very slick, and ran without a hitch on my system (Windows XP). Kudos to the developers…thanks!

Posted by Bryan Villarin in Temple City, CA on May 21, 2004 at 5:01 PM (CDT)

I’m having a problem with this software.  It shows me what playlists I have, and how many songs I have, but it doesn;t show any of the tracks.  It’s just a blank screen with horizontal lines.  ANy tips?

Posted by trimipi on June 16, 2004 at 11:58 AM (CDT)

I’m getting the same result as trimipi on my XP PC. Shows a grid and the number of songs, but the list itself is blank. If I doubleclick a blank line a song loads.

Posted by Spampy on June 16, 2004 at 4:06 PM (CDT)

My list is blank also, clicking a blank line loads a song. This is a major bug, should be fixed asap!!!

Posted by Ipododo on June 16, 2004 at 5:33 PM (CDT)

Whoa dude, it’s free. It sounds like a great program and I’m all for having it work, but let’s not get carried away.  :-)

Posted by Spampy on June 16, 2004 at 8:07 PM (CDT)

I getting the following error while installing

Error Number: 9
    Error Description: Subscript out of range

I’m using Win XP and have a 3G 20GB iPod.

Anybody know why ??

Thanks,
    Imtiaz

Posted by Imtiaz on June 17, 2004 at 8:00 AM (CDT)

If your columns are coming up blank, just go to options and change all of the column widths from 0 to 100

there, fixed :)

Posted by staticfish on June 17, 2004 at 4:41 PM (CDT)

Staticfish, you rock! Once I made all of the values 100 it worked perfectly!  Odd little bug there, since it’s the default, but easy to fix.  Thanks much!

Posted by SSpampy on June 17, 2004 at 4:50 PM (CDT)

i just d/led this and i was so stoked, and i still am, but i can’t disconnect my pod now, it says “the ipod cannot be ejected because it contains files currently in use by another application”.  i dont want to have to delete the program so if anybody knows how to fix this, that woudl be great. thanx in advance
    -katy

Posted by katy in long island on August 7, 2004 at 3:31 PM (CDT)

Ugh!
    I just downloaded sharepod to my ibook then coppied the exe to the root of my ipod and I am getting error message “unable to read teh dictionary of teh application or extention because it is not scriptable.”
    -help the newbie!

Posted by ameliabedeliah` on August 16, 2004 at 3:32 PM (CDT)

dsadas

Posted by yct1978 on May 22, 2005 at 11:26 AM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2