Windows Vista update fixes iPod/iTunes woes | iLounge News

Windows Vista update fixes iPod/iTunes woes

Microsoft has released a Windows Vista update to fix iPod compatibility problems. “The release is for users worldwide and works with the latest version of Apple iTunes to correct an issue that caused some iPods to become corrupted when ejecting them using Windows Explorer or the ‘Safely Remove Hardware’ function in the System Tray,” reports Microsoft’s Windows Vista Team Blog. “The long and short of it is this:  Apple and Windows have partnered together to ensure a great experience in using Windows Vista with iTunes and the iPod, and both companies recommend you download this update.”

« New Pioneer receivers pack iPod connectivity

Ms. Pac-Man demo now available from iTunes »

Comments

This is a big one!

Posted by battlecat on May 9, 2007 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

Ugh… requires “Windows Genuine Advantage”.

I bought my version of Windows Vista but I just don’t trust or like the idea of WGA..

Posted by battlecat on May 9, 2007 at 2:12 PM (PDT)

Every company now has there own version of WGA…..for instance when you install Photoshop it requires authentication beyond the serial number now….same with antivirus software…so not a big worry to me.

This I hope will shut up people who say that microsoft is just out to demolish Apple.  People keep forgetting that Microsoft is a major shareholder in Apple, and is also one of its main suppliers of software (anyone here remember that Office came out for the Mac first?)

Posted by Jeff on May 9, 2007 at 2:14 PM (PDT)

No they sold their stock a long time ago.

If they were a major shareholder, they wouldn’t have come out with the Zune or try to downplay the iPhone.

Posted by wco81 on May 9, 2007 at 2:34 PM (PDT)

First try after installing the update I got an itunes is shutting down message halfway thru the sync, and then it did.

If worked fine the second time though. After double clicking the itunes desktop icon.

Posted by Stephen on May 9, 2007 at 8:18 PM (PDT)

Vista and iTunes play nice with each other on my machine for the most part. Every once in a while, however, the iTunes library XML file gets corrupted. I am not sure if it’s a fault of Vista or whatnot, but it seems to happen more frequently under Vista than anything else.

Posted by cxc273 on May 10, 2007 at 8:29 AM (PDT)

the best way to fix the problems of vista..

UNINSTALL IT

Posted by hydra-calm on May 14, 2007 at 9:27 AM (PDT)

it has been an absolute nightmare since i’ve had vista. nothing is compatible with it & i can’t retrieve anything from my old pc such as pictures, music & such..so far, not too impressed with vista

Posted by jennifer on August 18, 2007 at 11:11 AM (PDT)

Ok, I’m confused-what program is the best to use with Vista. I-tunes seems really user unfriendly in trying to load and unload songs and stuff on my ipod. My other Mp3 player is a snap with real player. Highlite song-delete, choose song transfer to player.

Posted by maxeeman94 on October 8, 2007 at 5:10 AM (PDT)

can anyone tell me why quicktime 7.2 will not download on my computer,i have windows vista.

Posted by steve on November 14, 2007 at 12:25 PM (PDT)