Windows: vPod Beta 0.50 Released | iLounge News

Windows: vPod Beta 0.50 Released

vPod is a free, easy to use Windows program for transferring music and playlists to your iPod. It presents a combined view of all the music you have, and what is and isn’t on your iPod. The interface is very intuitive and easy to use.

What’s new in v0.50:

• MP4/M4A Support!

• Unmount iPod.

• Better Unicode Support, and Unicode Filenames.

• Sync Speed and Time Remaining.

• Much more!

Beta Note: vPod is beta software and is under testing. Please carefully read the ReadMe.txt before using it.

License: Freeware
    System Requirements: Windows 2000 or higher and iPod running system 1.3 or 2.0.1.

• « Incase offers 50% off products

Screen protectors for eXo released »

Comments

very nice, does what it says on the tin 5/5

Posted by ti on July 29, 2003 at 2:29 AM (PDT)

can this work side by side with ephpod? or do i have to uninstall ephpod? and is it BETTER than ephpod?

Posted by Njosnavelin on August 3, 2003 at 9:41 PM (PDT)

its better than ephpod cos thats so damn buggy and you can use both, it adds music to your iPod seamlessly and it never crashes like ephpod

Posted by ti on August 4, 2003 at 1:08 AM (PDT)

vPod is very nice. I like how simple and quick it is. It has great potential to become a really good software.

Posted by riffola on August 5, 2003 at 2:46 PM (PDT)

I just installed Vpod on XP and its so simple its amazing.  I’ve only used musicmatch prior to this, but this is so much easier - no duplicate artists/tracks.  Is so easy to add and remove tracks and playlists.  Check it out.

Posted by Mike on August 9, 2003 at 8:30 AM (PDT)

Hi there. I’m the author of vPod. You can use it along side any of the other iPod software available for Windows. I wouldn’t recommend you run any of them at the same time (i.e. have the vPod window and ephPod window open at the same time) but having them all installed is just fine.

Good luck, and thanks for using vPod. Any questions or feedback please drop me a note at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Jason von Nieda on August 14, 2003 at 5:43 AM (PDT)

Jason -

Smartlists please!

Thanks!

Posted by Albert on August 14, 2003 at 9:10 AM (PDT)

Jason,

Great Software!
    Simple and effective.  TAHNKS!!

I concur with the Smartlist request…
    ..any chance it could support Composer as well??

Posted by Gabri on August 14, 2003 at 11:29 PM (PDT)

gtkPod does smartlists…..

Posted by Alex on August 15, 2003 at 3:20 AM (PDT)

This software is great. So simple but effective…. All I need.

Posted by KSF on August 15, 2003 at 10:56 AM (PDT)

I have been using mmjb flawlessly, but don’t like the interface….so I tried Ephpod, which is nice looking and should be easy, but could never get it to sync correctly.  It would freeze up halfway through or tell me I didn’t have enough space….Just loaded Vpod a couple of hours ago.  This is the way the windows Ipod software should be designed.  Not alot of bells and whistles but does what it should, and blazingly fast as well.  Vpod you have a convert

Posted by Brad on August 15, 2003 at 5:12 PM (PDT)

I like vPod. Its simplicity is its briliance.

However, it does not see a single one of my .m3u files (over 200).... bug???

So for me, I’m back to ephPod…. which does work with .m3u files. But if Jason can get the .m3u’s to work…... wink

Posted by Dan on August 15, 2003 at 8:25 PM (PDT)

I have always used Musicmatch. I think it’s been getting better over the last year. However both it and Ephpod are very hit and miss with long 25mg files taken from radio shows. I listen to a lot of these and it can get very frustrating. Sometimes the programs transfer the files to my 2nd generation ipod and sometimes they don’t.

Eppod also has trouble with file lengths and only transfers a portion.

Vpod seems much better. The interface is very clear and I found it easy to use.  I finally have a month of shows in the right order in one file on my ipod.

In the message above, Dan says that vpod can’t see his m3u files. It sees mine OK but I have to tell it where to look. I’ve now copied them to my mp3 folder so that it is an easy process.

Posted by Mike on August 16, 2003 at 5:58 PM (PDT)

Dan,

If you can send one of your .m3u files to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) I’ll see if I can figure out why vPod isn’t seeing them. One thing I can guess is that they might have relative paths in them, instead of absolute. If this is the case vPod will not be able to find the files they point to and vPod never loads what it thinks is an empty playlist. I’ll add that to my todo list, but if you will send me one of yours that will help the process along. Thanks!

Jason

Posted by Jason von Nieda on August 16, 2003 at 7:48 PM (PDT)

It doesn’t see all of my tracks, only 1gb of 3gb i’m currently using…

Posted by Tux on June 13, 2005 at 9:51 PM (PDT)