Windows: Weather for Me 1.7 released | iLounge News

Windows: Weather for Me 1.7 released

Weather for Me is a program created by Staylazy.net Software to grab a detailed ten day forecast from weather.com and place it on your iPod. All iPod versions are compatible.

What’s new in this version:

“I went through a long beta testing period with a few users who were receiving the ‘RunTimeError5’ message. We ran some extensive tests on there machines, and the machines that werent receiving the error, and then found the core of the problem. It involved the Weather.com website. But hopefully now its all been resolved.”

License: Freeware
System Requirements:
With Weather for Me 1.3 you can use any iPod version of your choice (generation wise).
Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, or XP
2mb of Disk Space
5mb of RAM

« 50% off iPod Gollum t-shirts

Apple Video iPod demystified »

Comments

I keep getting corrupt zip file.

Posted by Bob on September 14, 2003 at 9:45 PM (PDT)

Yea, unexpected end of archive here too.

Posted by M@rK on September 15, 2003 at 2:29 AM (PDT)

Sorry about that guys, it seems that do to server restrictions you must first save the .zip file to a folder and then run the zip!? I will upload each file individually this afternoon for those who wish not to do so

Posted by zeve on September 15, 2003 at 4:54 AM (PDT)

cant you add a city… say dublin, ireland rather than a zip code.

would that be to much to change in the source!!!

Posted by sir_love on September 15, 2003 at 5:28 AM (PDT)

to add your own non us city just look at the links e.g.:
ZIPCODE:10101

CITY SEARCH FOR BERLIN:

so this: “GMXX0008” is the zip code for berlin .
nice prog

—————————————
[url=http://www.pochoirs.de]http://www.pochoirs.de[/url]
german ipod news

Posted by grimmet on September 15, 2003 at 6:50 AM (PDT)

I get a run-time error ‘5’ everytime I click “click here to start weather for me”.  I have my correct zip entered and I have the drive letter of my iPod (3rd Gen) chosen.

Posted by SNYder in PA, USA on September 15, 2003 at 10:29 AM (PDT)

I get the same runtime error…
Also can’t get GoogleGet to work :-( !!!

Posted by digitaltrapper on September 15, 2003 at 11:02 AM (PDT)

GoogleGet works fine for me. hmmmm…

Oh, and heres my specs…
WinXP Pro SP1
3rd Gen iPod 30GB connected through 6 pin Firewire card
Latest iPod Firmwire (version 2.0.1.)

Posted by SNYder in PA, USA on September 15, 2003 at 4:53 PM (PDT)

I get the same runtime error too, PLEASE fix this ...

Posted by ohshi on September 15, 2003 at 4:56 PM (PDT)

Mine works fine now…

Thank you grimmet, now i can get my local weather

Posted by sir_love on September 16, 2003 at 12:48 AM (PDT)

ohsi send an email to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by zeve on September 16, 2003 at 12:38 PM (PDT)

So, uh, where do I get the program? Every link I’ve found for it gives an “Unexpected end of drive” error.

Posted by Y3k-Bug on September 16, 2003 at 11:12 PM (PDT)

get it @the german ipod news page… link is up there

Posted by dinojr on September 17, 2003 at 3:42 AM (PDT)

No matter what I tried I cannot get the zip file on this thread to open. instad I went to the German site at [url=http://www.pochoirs.de]http://www.pochoirs.de[/url]
and downloaded it. Also, you can correct the run time error by opening the notes folder on your iPod and creating a new folder called Weather.

Posted by Swanvestas on September 17, 2003 at 2:49 PM (PDT)

Creating a weather folder still does not work for me. I’m still getting the run time error.

Posted by dinojr on September 17, 2003 at 7:34 PM (PDT)

Sorry dinojr, it worked for me. Do you have the setting in iPod Manager set to “act as harddrive” or some such language? That might do it.

Posted by Swanvestas on September 18, 2003 at 3:41 AM (PDT)

Yeah, still doesn’t work for me.  I still get the same runtime error, with or without a “Weather” folder set up.  And I’m using the lastest version, 1.1.

Also, there needs to be an option on what to name whatever folder it puts the weather information in, or even to choose NOt to have it in a seprate folder, if you want.

Posted by SNYder in PA, USA on September 18, 2003 at 9:37 AM (PDT)

Sure would be nice if this thing actually worked, hehe.

Posted by :D ? on September 18, 2003 at 7:42 PM (PDT)

how bout now guys, works yet?! :-D

Posted by zeve on October 10, 2003 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

Well, the new version, 1.2, no longer gives me any pop up errors, so that’s good.  It succesfully put a folder and the text file on my iPod (3rd Gen 30GB) but no matter what US zipcode I use the only text that is in the text file is…

<title>Weather for Me</title>
Weather information downloaded on 10/10/2003 at 2:56:19 PM
——————————————————-

... That’s it.  I tried major cities and my home town, but nothing works.  Anyways, the program is getting much better.  Just work out that problem and everything will be ok.  Two suggestion though.  Give the option in the settings to disable the splash screen from showing everytime you start the program.  Also, as I said before, if you really want this program to be kick ###, then you need to give the option for what to name the folder the text file is stored in and the name of the text file (ya know, the things in between <title></title>).

Posted by SNYder in PA, USA on October 10, 2003 at 10:02 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »