Windows: Weather for Me 1.7 released | iLounge News

Windows: Weather for Me 1.7 released

Weather for Me is a program created by Staylazy.net Software to grab a detailed ten day forecast from weather.com and place it on your iPod. All iPod versions are compatible.

What’s new in this version:

“I went through a long beta testing period with a few users who were receiving the ‘RunTimeError5’ message. We ran some extensive tests on there machines, and the machines that werent receiving the error, and then found the core of the problem. It involved the Weather.com website. But hopefully now its all been resolved.”

License: Freeware
System Requirements:
With Weather for Me 1.3 you can use any iPod version of your choice (generation wise).
Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, or XP
2mb of Disk Space
5mb of RAM

« 50% off iPod Gollum t-shirts

Apple Video iPod demystified »

Comments

I personally can’t see the use for this application. I just look out the window for my weather. I just my ipod to done thing, just play my music period.

Posted by revmike in hanford, ca on October 10, 2003 at 2:01 PM (CDT)

Snyder, your one of the few getting this problem. its a real downer, iam hard at work trying to figure it all out.

thanks for the suggestions to

Posted by zeve on October 10, 2003 at 2:38 PM (CDT)

:)  Best of luck findin out what’s wrong.

Posted by SNYder in PA, USA on October 10, 2003 at 6:04 PM (CDT)

Sny, drop me an email please. or send me an im (aim) on ZEVE0

Posted by zeve on October 10, 2003 at 7:17 PM (CDT)

In the next version can you add a convertor to view weather in celsius?

Posted by lunatic on October 10, 2003 at 9:02 PM (CDT)

ive been trying. u have no idea how hard it is :x

Posted by zeve on October 10, 2003 at 10:46 PM (CDT)

Is this report under Contacts? I can’t find it :(. All it has is the Weather Me “log” :/.

Posted by Bob on October 11, 2003 at 10:23 AM (CDT)

Bob, iam working on a help file for this. were working out the issue. check back in about an hour

Posted by zeve on October 11, 2003 at 11:41 AM (CDT)

bob, if u can send me a email or im me my email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and aim is zeve0

Posted by zeve on October 11, 2003 at 12:22 PM (CDT)

done.

Posted by Bob on October 11, 2003 at 1:03 PM (CDT)

Hey, I imed you, but incase you didn’t get the message, I’m having a problem.  I put in all the information, and clicked download weather.  Getting the ten day forcast takes only a few seconds, but then the progress freezes at 35%, and it stops at formatting weather for the ipod.  I can still navigate through all the menus, so it didn’t freeze completely, but it has been on this step for almost ten minutes now, with no progress.  If it matters, I am using XP Home.

Posted by DJ Valtracks on October 11, 2003 at 3:48 PM (CDT)

hey guys, until its implemented, go here: http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm
for convert Fahrenheit into celsius .

and zeve, i dropped you a mail to comments@... cause of the non.us.zip topic.

greetings grimmet

Posted by grimmet on October 11, 2003 at 4:32 PM (CDT)

The link only downloads version 1.1. Where’s 1.2?

Posted by Scott Worden on October 12, 2003 at 12:44 PM (CDT)

Never mind. Got it from the authors site.

Posted by Scott Worden on October 12, 2003 at 12:54 PM (CDT)

Heres an interesting email i got from Raj. He was having a problem like yours Dj

After he downloaded the LATEST BUILD (on site) he said:

well i’ve gotten it to work! It was odd tho… i typed in my postal code
first and no go, it got the weatherforecast and stayed at 35%. Then i typed
in an american Zip code (90210) and it worked. So i put my canadian postal
code back in and then it worked. Anyways the software works and thanks. Now
the only suggestion i have left is i have is the ability to have the
forecasts in Celcius as well :P.

Posted by zeve on October 12, 2003 at 2:10 PM (CDT)

awesome!  thanks, ill try it later

Posted by DJ Valtracks on October 12, 2003 at 5:12 PM (CDT)

grimmet, what you said about how to find out the postcode is clearly not correct. If you type GMXX0008 into the search box, it doesn’t come up with anything.

Posted by Billy Sardar on October 15, 2003 at 11:32 AM (CDT)

youre right, in the search box, nothing happends… but in the programm u can use those numbers as an alternative zipcode.  look here, they posted my idea ;) on their webpage : http://www.staylazy.net/software/support/wfm/howtozip.php
hope i could helped a little…

Posted by grimmet on October 15, 2003 at 11:53 AM (CDT)

Cool little utility.  I had the same problem as DJ with my XPhome machine.  However, the solution posted by zeve worked for me.  I do have a new problem, however.  Forecast was great for tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night.  As a Canadian, I appreciate seeing the celsius.  However, starting on Friday I have a variation of the following in the forecast for each of the remaining days: highs in the upper -16s and lows in the low—17s.  Does anybody know what this means?  Thanks.

Posted by Davron on October 15, 2003 at 4:16 PM (CDT)

Davron,

Weather.com has a format for american users like this: Tommorow high in the upper 60s. If your trying to get it in C then it will simply replace 60 with 16. Now as for the double—iam wokring on taking care of that now

Posted by zeve on October 15, 2003 at 4:36 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 4 pages  < 1 2 3 4 >