Windows: Weather for Me 1.7 released | iLounge News

Windows: Weather for Me 1.7 released

Weather for Me is a program created by Staylazy.net Software to grab a detailed ten day forecast from weather.com and place it on your iPod. All iPod versions are compatible.

What’s new in this version:

“I went through a long beta testing period with a few users who were receiving the ‘RunTimeError5’ message. We ran some extensive tests on there machines, and the machines that werent receiving the error, and then found the core of the problem. It involved the Weather.com website. But hopefully now its all been resolved.”

License: Freeware
System Requirements:
With Weather for Me 1.3 you can use any iPod version of your choice (generation wise).
Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, or XP
2mb of Disk Space
5mb of RAM

« 50% off iPod Gollum t-shirts

Apple Video iPod demystified »

Comments

The site feature lists: “C to F Converter”

Shouldn’t this read: F to C Converter?

Posted by Bob on October 15, 2003 at 6:48 PM (CDT)

Thanks for the response zeve.  What you are saying would make sense to me but for the fact that it is reporting, for example, highs in the upper 16s and lows in low 17s for one day.  If we are talking celsius here, I would think it should logically read lows in the low 16s and highs in the upper 17s (although neither corresponds to the local forecast which is reporting a high of 10C and low of 1C for that day).  And I have no idea what “Highs in the upper -1-17s and lows in the upper—17s” means.  All this aside, I have to reiterate that this is a cool little utility and even if the 10-day forecast doesn’t quite work, I do appreciate having a fairly comprehensive day and a half forecast.  Thanks.

Posted by Davron on October 15, 2003 at 9:33 PM (CDT)

I still don’t get any weather information, just “Weather for Me - Synched” and that’s all.

Posted by Scott on October 15, 2003 at 10:45 PM (CDT)

Scott make sure that your firewall is enabled to allow the software to run and that your actually using version 1.3.

Davron and others,

I have posted a fix. Go ahead and dwonload it. The—1-17 type thing should be gone. Let me know! And donate ;-)

Posted by zeve on October 15, 2003 at 10:54 PM (CDT)

Zeve,

I’m using XP pro’s firewall and it is WFM1.3

Scott

Posted by Scott on October 16, 2003 at 2:01 PM (CDT)

Hi Zeve—Thanks for the quick response.  Where is the fix posted?  Is there some patch or new version to download or do I simply download ver. 1.3 again?

Posted by Davron on October 16, 2003 at 4:51 PM (CDT)

What’s new in this version?

Posted by Bob on October 19, 2003 at 5:53 PM (CDT)

just big fixes and a MUCH better format of the weather

Posted by zeve on October 19, 2003 at 6:22 PM (CDT)

It works, it finally works…I can’t belive it

Posted by Mouser on October 19, 2003 at 8:40 PM (CDT)

are you a 2nd generatio user

Posted by zeve on October 19, 2003 at 8:48 PM (CDT)

because yes there were issues for 2nd generationers

Posted by zeve on October 19, 2003 at 8:48 PM (CDT)

I can second that. :)

Posted by Bob on October 19, 2003 at 9:25 PM (CDT)

great improvement with the visuals. awesome program!

Posted by bb_dg on October 19, 2003 at 11:02 PM (CDT)

Congrats Zeve!  It works for me too now! :)

Posted by SNYder in PA, USA on October 20, 2003 at 6:48 AM (CDT)

Great! It works for me now. I’m a 2nd genner also.

How about a option to download without having your Ipod connected and automatically veiw .txt file in notepad, then sync or refresh and sync later if wanted.

Posted by Scott on October 20, 2003 at 7:03 AM (CDT)

Yup, 2nd gen…now if I can just make googleget work..

Posted by Mouser on October 20, 2003 at 11:04 AM (CDT)

Hey this is a great little utility. Up there with Ephpod and GoogleGet. Just a special request. Any chance of having to option of changing the wind speeds to Kilometres per hour instead of just miles per hour?

Otherwise, it works fine!

Posted by Patrick L. on October 21, 2003 at 7:53 AM (CDT)

possibly in the future

Posted by zeve on October 21, 2003 at 8:05 AM (CDT)

I was getting the same runtime error too, so I disabled my firewall for a sec. and it worked great!!!  This is the coolest little piece of free software, well, besides iTunes for Windows.  hehe - great little piece of software!!!

Posted by Jody on January 16, 2004 at 8:37 PM (CST)

Ill give you guys the port that needs to be opened tonight

Posted by Zeve Salman on January 16, 2004 at 8:57 PM (CST)

Page 3 of 4 pages  < 1 2 3 4 >