WindSolutions intros CopyTrans Doctor iPod repair tool | iLounge News

WindSolutions intros CopyTrans Doctor iPod repair tool

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, July 31, 2007
News Categories: Windows Software

WindSolutions has introduced its CopyTrans Doctor iPod repair tool. The software, which is still in Beta, is able to find errors on the iPod’s disk and fix them, find songs listed in the iPod’s library but not on its disk, and vice versa. In addition, WindSolutions plans on adding the ability to recover accidentally deleted songs from the iPod in the coming days. CopyTrans Doctor v0.95 is available to Windows users as a free download from the company’s website.

« Sergio unveils iBuddy, iSpin, iH-100 iPod accessories

Eminem publisher files suit against Apple »

Comments

When I try to install, I’m getting Mal/Packer warning from my anti-virus software. Do I need to be concerned or should I temporarily turn off the virus checker?

Posted by Chondog on July 31, 2007 at 11:22 AM (PDT)

anyone know if this program is installed just on your computer, or if it is a program that is installed on the ipod?  Will it void the Apple warranty?

Posted by Jacob Anderson on July 31, 2007 at 3:12 PM (PDT)

Mal/Packer warning from my anti-virus software

-> it’s a false positive, you are getting. I just checked it with several antiviruses and it’s all clean.

-> install it on the PC wherever you want and it will not void the warranty. It’s just software.

Posted by John on July 31, 2007 at 3:51 PM (PDT)

so then it isn’t loaded onto the ipod?

Posted by jacob Anderson on July 31, 2007 at 5:28 PM (PDT)

You can put it on the iPod although you should not scan the same iPod the program is on as it might cause problems

Posted by John on August 1, 2007 at 1:50 AM (PDT)

Is a Mac version forthcoming?

Posted by Jacob Anderson on August 1, 2007 at 12:53 PM (PDT)

my itunes was erased completely i downloaded itunes again but all the songs on the ipod are not in the library. how do i get the songs back to the library like it used to be

Posted by jared buffalino on September 5, 2007 at 2:53 PM (PDT)

it does not see my 3g iphone.

Posted by zeddock on August 25, 2008 at 3:16 PM (PDT)

i got an ipod video 30G, but it doesn’t let me add more than 7G , a friend toldme that is an audio virus and i need to download a disk repair tool from apple,,,, but i can´t find it… does anyone knows what to do….?,.....if there’s a program to fix this audio virus or repair my ipod disk it seems to have more than 1G of space damaged…..?...thank’s in advance….

Posted by carlos colunga on February 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM (PDT)