Wireless headset adapter for iPod coming next year | iLounge News

Wireless headset adapter for iPod coming next year

“Apple iPod (digital music player) customers across the world will soon have a bluetooth wireless adaptor and headset for listening to music without the hassles of a cable hanging overhead.

Developed in India by Bangalore-based Impulsesoft Technologies, iWisa (wireless adaptor) and iWish (wireless headset adaptor) have been licensed to US-based TEN Technology to be used in naviPlay, one of the first bluetooth wireless stereo adaptors with remote control, which is attached to an iPod. naviPlay will be launched in the market in the next 2-3 months.”

« Wall Street Journal seeks iPod party people

Refurbished iPod 30GB for $349 »

Comments

wahoooooo now my ipod will run for 2 hours instead of 3…...

Posted by ed on March 31, 2004 at 10:15 AM (CST)

get a new battery and stop crying

all other electronic devices require battery replacements, why is it such a surprise that iPod batteries dont last forever/

I will be interested to hear the quality of audio over Bluetooth, that will be the deciding factor, that and how big the ear piece is.

Posted by Ariza on March 31, 2004 at 11:25 AM (CST)

exactly what I need, wireless signal tranisnited 1” from my brain. Didn’t cell phone users opt for headset to avoid this problem.

yea!!! Brain tumors for everyone.

Posted by Nos4ra2 on March 31, 2004 at 11:39 AM (CST)

At first I had visions of placing my iPod on the elliptical machine while I do cardio, with no fear of knocking it to the ground by catching a wire.

<shudder>Then I had visions of myself walking away from said machine when I was finished and forgetting the iPod. And not noticing until 3 hours later that evening.</shudder>

Same reason I don’t want a wireless mouse. I can’t ever find my TV remote, because I’ve absent-mindedly left it in the refrigerator. At least my mouse is attached to the computer.

I don’t think this is a crummy idea, though. I just probably won’t be an early adopter.

Posted by lbarkett on March 31, 2004 at 12:16 PM (CST)

I have big clunky wireless headphones but they are not portable at all.

A few years back I thought a great idea would be to have wireless headphone that you can use with portable devices. Well now someone has invented it. I should really write these things down lol

I can’t wait. I hate wires and i don’t think this will give people cancer. I’m sure thay have made sure of that.

Posted by m_vallee on March 31, 2004 at 12:47 PM (CST)

What is the difference between this and ANY cordless set of headphones exactly, other than $200 on the price?

Posted by Pointless! on March 31, 2004 at 12:55 PM (CST)

lbarkett - wow, it sounds likeyou’d lose you head if it wasn’t attached to your neck!  You’re right - I don’t think these headphones are for you!

Posted by me on March 31, 2004 at 1:59 PM (CST)

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! I can’t believe someone actually said that! Or were you being sarcastic?

I’m sure they are concerned with our health and welfare. Just like Ford and Firestone. Really now.

>>>i don’t think this will give people cancer. I’m sure thay have made sure of that.

Posted by Really Now on March 31, 2004 at 3:14 PM (CST)

Dear Ariza,
Dont go there.

Posted by ed on March 31, 2004 at 3:27 PM (CST)

I swear to god, if someone announced they were giving away free ipods to every customer that bought a pack of gum, the people who post in the news comments would bitch and complain.

Posted by stark23x on March 31, 2004 at 4:39 PM (CST)

I just saw the product sheet for this and it’s nothing like I expected.

It shows a connector for the iPod which plugs into the dock port. Then you plug your own headphones into another adapter which you would then have to carry around with you. This still has the wire for your headphones so it’s not wireless. So why not just carry around the iPod? It’s stupid.

A good idea would be to have totally wireless headphone so that you can have your iPod in your pocket and headphones on with no wires in your way.

P.S. To “Really Now”
From the looks of it the adapter is nowhere near you head, so it won’t give you cancer. I don’t know whats so amusing about what I said. Companies obvious investigate if a product could harm the consumer before they release it.

Posted by m_vallee on March 31, 2004 at 4:43 PM (CST)

why they look just like these:

Posted by Alan on March 31, 2004 at 5:20 PM (CST)

any body know what the wole set look like or a link to the site ????

Posted by BIGP in Texas on March 31, 2004 at 9:21 PM (CST)

Unfortunately, most companies do not investigate whether a product will have long-term ill effects on consumers. They definitely care about whether people will get hurt quickly, but there is no way to test whether (for example) cell phones will give you cancer in 30 years until you’ve had cell phones for close to that long.

Posted by Larry McVittles on April 1, 2004 at 12:56 AM (CST)

No Larry, you’re wrong. Most products undergo special tests at places called Underwriter’s Laboratories where they check for cancer. They have large tanks there where they can put people and increase atmospheric pressure. That speeds up subjects’ metabolism and they age several years in a matter of hours. Now, of course they use monkeys instead of people, but it lets them get a feel for the long term effects of a product in just a few days.

The only problem is that UL certification is voluntary for most products. So, if you’re worried about a certain product, make sure there’s a UL label on it. Some cell phones don’t have UL labels, so you should avoid them as they might emit more cancer.

Posted by WeSellAlpo on April 1, 2004 at 1:18 AM (CST)

These are the headphones i use with ipod. They’re small, reduce outside noise, comfy…i highly recommend. What do u guys use?

Sony

Posted by RX on April 1, 2004 at 7:42 PM (CST)

I think most have got the wrong end of the stick about this product.  NaviPlay isn’t wireless headphones but the elusice and long awaited wireless LCD remote.  See a picture here: http://www.mann-electronics.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F505219&rnd=6382324&rrc=N&affl;=&cip;=&act;=&aff;=&pg=prod&ref=SKU0060&cat=99&catstr;=

Posted by Ike on June 2, 2004 at 8:05 AM (CDT)

I think you’ll find mobile phones use microwaves and bluetooth uses radio waves which your brain has been used to being fried by for, well, since before tv anyway.

Posted by andre on September 27, 2004 at 9:09 AM (CDT)

ipods are the best invention and this is just making it better

Posted by fart brain on March 1, 2005 at 3:11 PM (CST)