Wooden iPod nano case announced | iLounge News

Wooden iPod nano case announced

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, October 10, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

image

imageMiniot has introduced the iWood nano, a new iPod nano case hand-crafted from wood. The iWood nano—available in varieties such as maple, mahogany, pear, wengé and walnut—is carved from a single piece of wood and features a hinging lid. It can be ordered with a monogram initial on the outside and a two-line message inside. Pricing was not immediately available.

“The iWood nano is made from the best gift of nature: wood. Massive wood of course from various kinds of trees. Carefully selected and carved with precision, the iWood nano fits and protects the iPod nano like a glove. The iWood nano’s own natural color is not all that makes it unique. Your own monogram engraved on top makes it even more personal, let alone the discretely hidden message inside.”

« Marware unveils iPod nano case lineup

Mix: iPod tax, 7-11, UK robberies, Music industry »

Comments

that’s the hotness… carving these should replace pine car derby cars as a boyscout hobby

Posted by brian on October 10, 2005 at 2:50 PM (PDT)

This thing looks very classy….the only problem is if the fibers from my jeans pocket scratch my nano…..what will wood do??? But depending on the price I might try it, and just by the iSkin when it finally ships as a back-up….

Posted by Daniel on October 10, 2005 at 2:52 PM (PDT)

i love it. especially since the site shows an image Melinda Gates iPod

Posted by ndm007 on October 10, 2005 at 3:04 PM (PDT)

hey that looks really sleek.  the only problem is that I’m wondering if that hole for the headphone jack would be able to accomodate third-party headphone plugs that are L-shaped and a little girthier rather than just the straight round stock Apple headphones.

Posted by William in Cupertino on October 10, 2005 at 3:26 PM (PDT)

wow, nice!  i want to know how much these are going for.  although i suspect that they aren’t going to be cheap.

Posted by clem on October 10, 2005 at 3:30 PM (PDT)

yeah, i have the same concern about the headphone jack opening.  i don’t think my super.fi’s will fit.

Posted by clem on October 10, 2005 at 3:38 PM (PDT)

Now that’s nice. It would be nice to see the inside covered in some felt material to stop the wood from scratching my nano.

Posted by kim on October 10, 2005 at 3:48 PM (PDT)

finally! a case that doesn’t take away the elegance of the iPod, but adds to it.

Posted by EM on October 10, 2005 at 3:50 PM (PDT)

I never thought I’d be interested in a wooden iPod case, but this looks great! I’ll wait until iLounge reviews it first (as always), and if it passes muster with Mr. Horwitz, then it will all come down to price for me. But I’d be willing to spring extra for the engraving—very cool!

Posted by BJ Nemeth on October 10, 2005 at 3:52 PM (PDT)

Damn that sweet!

Now we’ll have to wait and see if they will have the sense to make it affordable—phfftt! yeah right!

Posted by enero on October 10, 2005 at 3:53 PM (PDT)

I wish they made these for full size iPods.

Posted by LukeA on October 10, 2005 at 4:10 PM (PDT)

We haven’t received one yet for review, but it is causing quite the positive stir amongst our editors. The Melinda and Bill engraving on the site’s image is classic.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on October 10, 2005 at 4:12 PM (PDT)

This is beautiful! Except wood would scratch easily, too…

Posted by connner on October 10, 2005 at 4:55 PM (PDT)

When you review it if you could mention whether it will accommodate Ultimate Ears cables or not I’d be very grateful.

Posted by stadias on October 10, 2005 at 5:03 PM (PDT)

Um, what’s wrong with this picture?

I go to their website, and I don’t see ANYTHING about a wooden case for the nano. Instead all I get is some blurb about something called an iNeck, some kind of pivoting device for the iMac G5 and Apple monitors.

Swell, no casket for MY nano, at least today…

Posted by flatline response on October 10, 2005 at 5:08 PM (PDT)

That is because it was just announced.

Posted by robototobor on October 10, 2005 at 6:50 PM (PDT)

That person should atleast clipped its nails before takeing the picture

Posted by Musicroom on October 10, 2005 at 8:41 PM (PDT)

Looks kind of strange, there doesn’t seem to be any kind of clasp on the case so it could just swing open accidentally if I picked it up upside down?

Posted by jialuolu on October 10, 2005 at 9:22 PM (PDT)

I rant: “I go to their website, and I don’t see ANYTHING about a wooden case for the nano. Instead all I get is some blurb about something called an iNeck, some kind of pivoting device for the iMac G5 and Apple monitors”

Never mind. Silly me…NoScript in Firefox was preventing their site from loading the nano coffin pages.

Posted by flatline response on October 10, 2005 at 10:24 PM (PDT)

iWood…there is something NOT RIGHT about saying that…

Posted by flatline response on October 10, 2005 at 10:26 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >