Woodford Design debuts FridgePad for iPad | iLounge News

Woodford Design debuts FridgePad for iPad

image

Woodford Design has debuted its new FridgePad accessory for the Apple iPad. FridgePad is a magnetized holder for the iPad, allowing the user to mount the tablet on a refrigerator or other flat, convenient, magnet-friendly surface. Initial renderings on Woodford’s website show the iPad un-encased and held by four molded corner grips, suggesting the FridgePad will not be case-friendly. Woodford Design’s FridgePad for the Apple iPad is expected to be available this Autumn; pricing has yet to be determined.

« Shure rolls out SRH240m+ headphones for iPod, iPhone, iPad

Apple moving to in-house location services »

Comments

Wouldn’t magnetic field affect wifi/3G reception?

Posted by Darran Moore on July 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM (CDT)

The bigger question is: why would you mount your iPad on a fridge?? I can not see any conceivable need for this! Do you want your 10 yr old slamming the fridge door and CRASH goes your iPad?
Stupid!!

Posted by Eric on July 30, 2010 at 4:08 PM (CDT)

@1 - Magnetic fields will not affect wi-fi or 3G reception.

@2 - It’s to keep the iPad from overheating :p

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on July 30, 2010 at 6:36 PM (CDT)

Great idea!!! Would look great non a stainless fridge.

Posted by Peter on July 30, 2010 at 9:39 PM (CDT)

Person frantic about the 5 year old slamming the fridge ,relax.  This device would be handy.  I set up my ipod touch on a counter top stand while I’m cooking and need to look over the specs of a recipe I’m trying out. I’m assuming these are heavy duty magnets and should hold up. But if your worried about your kid slamming the fridge door and there ends the story,well don’t buy it. There are no children in my home so I for one would not worry about it.  None the less its a great idea.

Posted by kopthorn on July 30, 2010 at 11:12 PM (CDT)

Eric, I couldn’t disagree more.  Not everyone has a ten year-old and I’ve seen more than a couple of articles mentioning the popularity of the iPad for kitchen use.  If you hadn’t noticed, people often watch news or other videos in the kitchen and there are also some fantastic recipe apps for the iPad.  Others potentially could use it for shopping lists, podcasts, weights and measures calculators, etc.  I have my iPad propped up fairly frequently in the kitchen for recipes and can easily understand the appeal of a holder that puts it in a convenient place and frees up counter space.  Calling it “stupid” just because you can’t see a need for it seems to me to be a rather stupid (or at least unthinking) thing to say.

Posted by bluespark on August 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM (CDT)