World Cup guide for iPods released | iLounge News

World Cup guide for iPods released

CoolGorilla has announced the release of the Germany 2006 World Cup Guide for iPods. The free download includes details of every player from every team, a full break down of the game schedules, country and stadium details, and manager profiles. “This game will transform your iPod into an interactive football encyclopedia,” syas CoolGorilla. “It unleashes the power of your iPod by using a clever system of menus so that all the information you want is only a few clicks away. Astound your friends with your knowledge of the beautiful game.”

« Analyst addresses unanswered questions on Apple

Vaja intros Rasta case for 5G iPods »

Comments

Tried to download several times. Couldn’t open with winzip as no file existed!!!

Posted by LC Angell on May 4, 2006 at 2:57 PM (CDT)

I had the same issue. I sent them an email letting them know.

Posted by LC Angell on May 4, 2006 at 5:05 PM (CDT)

this is THE World Cup. The other ones aren’t worth squat compared to it.

Posted by LC Angell on May 4, 2006 at 6:52 PM (CDT)

Soccer?! Soccer? Who plays ‘soccer’ apart from Americans?

Long live THE World Cup! Football is the World’s game afterall.

Posted by LC Angell on May 4, 2006 at 7:56 PM (CDT)

Sorry. But it really is The World Cup.

Posted by LC Angell on May 5, 2006 at 2:57 AM (CDT)

Exactly as Chris said - it is the World Cup. The USA should know about it given that their team has qualified.

Posted by LC Angell on May 5, 2006 at 8:41 AM (CDT)

If you’d live in Germany you would not even think of any other WorldCup… It’s everywhere… I can’t see footballs anymore
And there is no other WorldCup in Germany this year… so what else would “Germany 2006 World Cup” be

The correct expression would be FIFAWorldcup…
But it’s a protected word. So is Germany 2006!
I wonder if they have to change the name or if it is considered as a report.

Posted by LC Angell on May 5, 2006 at 10:03 AM (CDT)

I don’t even know why I am writing this. There is no correct expression, if you ask anyone about the World Cup, they will know is FOOTBALL, not even soccer.

Cheers!

Posted by LC Angell on May 5, 2006 at 12:16 PM (CDT)

I couldn’t handle the nasal whine of the host on the CoolGorilla rock trivia game for the iPod, cool concept, poor execution, if this is more of him you’re lucky you didn’t get a d/l

Xtoast
=:-{]]

Posted by LC Angell on May 5, 2006 at 4:53 PM (CDT)

baseball world cup? when 1 country like cuba plays againt all american teams thats a WORLD CUP? LOL!

Posted by LC Angell on May 6, 2006 at 9:22 AM (CDT)

As I understand it, the game is officially ‘football’. I grew up in New Zealand playing ‘soccer’ but just recently New Zealand Soccer has changed it’s name to New Zealand Football to reflect the fact that everyone else on the planet (apart from our American friends) calls it football.

It makes sense - it’s a game with a ball you kick with your feet (maybe it should be called ‘feetball’ in the US). I don’t understand how a game you run around wearing tights and throwing something is called ‘football’... but I digress.

And the host nation IS ‘Deutschland’, at least to the Germans!

Also, I would argue that ‘FIFA World Cup’ does differentiate itself from other world cups.

Posted by LC Angell on May 10, 2006 at 6:49 PM (CDT)