X10 responds to recent iPod discounts and high demand
Recently we reported that X10 was offering iPods and iPod minis at discounted prices. Some of our readers reported that X10 did not have actual iPod or iPod minis in stock but were taking orders nonetheless. We contacted X10 regarding the situation and they assured us that they’re doing everything in their capacity to remedy the situation, and apologized .
X10 letter to iLounge:
We’re very disappointed about the iPod situation too.
We were assured by our supplier there would be sufficient iPods to meet the demand. The strong response to our offer overwhelmed our supplier’s capacity. We’re sorry that we were not able to meet your readers’ mini iPod orders.
Currently, we are shipping the 15GB and 20GB models.
Please know that we’re still searching to fill all orders, but industry stocks are low everywhere. The iPod minis are obviously very popular, and Apple has had a difficult time meeting demands. Of course, that’s why we were so happy to pass on great savings when we thought we had
found a supplier.
Again, please know that we had every intention of fulfilling all iPod orders and have promptly refunded all customer orders that have not been fulfilled. For 30 years X10 has been striving to constantly meet our customers’ needs, and we’ll continue to do just that.
Again, we’re sorry for any confusion. Thank you for contacting me directly with your concerns.
- iLounge reader creates all-wood iPod mini, accessories
- iPod mini still a popular choice
- Apple threatens Korean company over iPod knockoffs
- Report: Samsung woos Apple with cheap flash prices
- HP to sell iPod mini
- iPod mini price cut ‘bad news for the competition’
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Report confirms legitimacy of at least some of the stolen iCloud credentials being held for ransom
- New (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and 9.7” iPad now available to order
- Apple Store down again ahead of new iPad, Product(RED) iPhone launch
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10