X10 responds to recent iPod discounts and high demand
Recently we reported that X10 was offering iPods and iPod minis at discounted prices. Some of our readers reported that X10 did not have actual iPod or iPod minis in stock but were taking orders nonetheless. We contacted X10 regarding the situation and they assured us that they’re doing everything in their capacity to remedy the situation, and apologized .
X10 letter to iLounge:
We’re very disappointed about the iPod situation too.
We were assured by our supplier there would be sufficient iPods to meet the demand. The strong response to our offer overwhelmed our supplier’s capacity. We’re sorry that we were not able to meet your readers’ mini iPod orders.
Currently, we are shipping the 15GB and 20GB models.
Please know that we’re still searching to fill all orders, but industry stocks are low everywhere. The iPod minis are obviously very popular, and Apple has had a difficult time meeting demands. Of course, that’s why we were so happy to pass on great savings when we thought we had
found a supplier.
Again, please know that we had every intention of fulfilling all iPod orders and have promptly refunded all customer orders that have not been fulfilled. For 30 years X10 has been striving to constantly meet our customers’ needs, and we’ll continue to do just that.
Again, we’re sorry for any confusion. Thank you for contacting me directly with your concerns.
- iLounge reader creates all-wood iPod mini, accessories
- iPod mini still a popular choice
- Apple threatens Korean company over iPod knockoffs
- Report: Samsung woos Apple with cheap flash prices
- HP to sell iPod mini
- iPod mini price cut ‘bad news for the competition’
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number