XO Play announce adventure game for iPod | iLounge News

XO Play announce adventure game for iPod

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Saturday, February 21, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

XO Play today launched their first long awaited game for the iPod. ‘The Rise Of The Lost’ is an adventure story game. It puts you in the role of Sir Jacob Zaviour. Your mission is to travel through lands and fight the evil Wizard Sazque. As you read through the adventure you will be asked to choose your destiny by selecting from a number of options found at the bottom of the page. Similar to the ‘choose-your-own-adventure’ series. The game costs $29.99 is played via the notes section of your iPod.

« MacConnection shipping iPod mini worldwide

Waiting in line for an iPod mini »

Comments

wonder how long till it can be found on p2p?

Posted by anon on February 21, 2004 at 9:42 AM (PDT)

anyone know if you can see a screen shot or something?

Posted by Eman880 on February 21, 2004 at 9:44 AM (PDT)

5 dollars, maybe.

Posted by dave on February 21, 2004 at 9:49 AM (PDT)

it’s a text game silly

Posted by hamp on February 21, 2004 at 10:13 AM (PDT)

when will they update the firmware to allow for more games/user-made games?

Posted by Robin on February 21, 2004 at 10:39 AM (PDT)

i want my ipod to play frigging music not be an entertainment center

thats insane and stupid

Posted by daveman_84 on February 21, 2004 at 10:54 AM (PDT)

Those greedy people stole our concept. We’re making that kind of games already and we’re seting a web site up to offer those game for FREE to anybody.

Posted by Fat_Mike on February 21, 2004 at 11:20 AM (PDT)

$30? Give me a break.

Posted by kainjow on February 21, 2004 at 11:30 AM (PDT)

$30??? as Mr. Hand would say..

“are you all on dope?”

Posted by murph on February 21, 2004 at 11:37 AM (PDT)

I know Fat_Mike. Thats ridiculous. Those guys ripped off our idea and then sold it for 30 dollars. Its hard for me to believe that its a coincedence that we created this idea a few months ago and kept it alive until now and then suddenly they start selling them. Hell, they might have even used my program to make it.

Posted by XGamerX on February 21, 2004 at 11:44 AM (PDT)

Retarded. $30? Joke. Text-based game? Bigger joke. I’d like to meet the guy who sank $$ into this project.

Posted by bedoughty on February 21, 2004 at 11:45 AM (PDT)

You can bet it’s not a coincedence. And I’m tryign to get ahold of that stupid game to prove they used your software. And the admin of the forum were aware of what we were doing and they didn’t mentionned anything about it in that news post.

Posted by Fat_Mike on February 21, 2004 at 11:47 AM (PDT)

This is absolutely ridiculous. Legal action should be taken. And the nerve of charging 30$$ thats horrible.

Posted by Doug Gilmour on February 21, 2004 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

no thank you

Posted by Daddo on February 21, 2004 at 1:03 PM (PDT)

How much game play would you really be able to get before your battery power runs out?

hummm ...

Posted by ohshi on February 21, 2004 at 1:12 PM (PDT)

Why not invest in a Zodiac by Tapwave and 1.0 gig SD card.  Now you can play games, use your PDA, and listen to 1 gig of music.

Posted by Steve on February 21, 2004 at 2:15 PM (PDT)

I also forgot you can watch movies too!!!!

Posted by Steve on February 21, 2004 at 2:16 PM (PDT)

Steve, the consensus of this discussion is that nobody here WANTS a device that does all that, and thus, a long and involved game for the iPod that is not free is not going to succeed.

The Zodiac is going to be another huge flop, just like n-gage, as its just a PDA. If you want to watch movies on a dinky little screen, invest your money in the RCA Lyra.

Posted by Sraphim on February 21, 2004 at 2:40 PM (PDT)

FINALLY!  I’ve been waiting for this game.  Best $30 I’ve spent in a long time*!!

Initial reactions: Why do I have to start over every time I reset my iPod?  Why can’t I just save?

*actually the time I lost my wallet with $40 in it was probably better than if I bought this game (I didnt buy it)...at least that money would probably be spent, eventually, on something worthwhile.
$30?  I don’t think people bought choose your adventure BOOKS for anywhere near that price.  Maybe if they had a bunch of these, and they worked well, and they sold them for $1 a piece it’d be okay.

Posted by bennok on February 21, 2004 at 3:20 PM (PDT)

Why on earth won’t apple release an sdk so that people can write some real games?

Posted by Jeremy on February 21, 2004 at 4:20 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »