XO Play announce adventure game for iPod | iLounge News

XO Play announce adventure game for iPod

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Saturday, February 21, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

XO Play today launched their first long awaited game for the iPod. ‘The Rise Of The Lost’ is an adventure story game. It puts you in the role of Sir Jacob Zaviour. Your mission is to travel through lands and fight the evil Wizard Sazque. As you read through the adventure you will be asked to choose your destiny by selecting from a number of options found at the bottom of the page. Similar to the ‘choose-your-own-adventure’ series. The game costs $29.99 is played via the notes section of your iPod.

« MacConnection shipping iPod mini worldwide

Waiting in line for an iPod mini »

Comments

Hey…someone bought it. I hope you contact them and ask for the twenty dollars back from the original price. If you really want to get back at these rip off merchants (and help out other iPod owners)...post the file on the P2P networks…you no it makes sense.

Posted by RaggedPhoenix on February 22, 2004 at 10:23 AM (PDT)

Hey Chris I want to try this out. Can you send me the txt file? Email it to me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) Thanks!

Posted by Doug Gilmour on February 22, 2004 at 10:54 AM (PDT)

Hi
Chris can you please send me the file?
My e-mail address is: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Cheers

Out of 10 what would you give it, I was thinking about getting it but the site doesn’t work for me anyway :(

Posted by max tipper on February 22, 2004 at 10:56 AM (PDT)

“Yea, RIAA, we don’t steal music”

*cough*

Good example guys.

Posted by Caleb on February 22, 2004 at 11:20 AM (PDT)

RIAA? Who cares? I’m Canadian also so i really doesn’t matter to me. But even still the chances of you being caught is so slim…

Posted by Doug Gilmour on February 22, 2004 at 11:28 AM (PDT)

The general idea behind the game is a good but unfortunately there hasnt really been much effort put into this. out of 10 i would give it a 2!

As for sending people copies of the file, i wouldnt want to be to blame for anyone else to having to taint their ipods with such complete crap!!!

Posted by chris prosser on February 22, 2004 at 11:33 AM (PDT)

Please I want to test it out agaisnt the quality of the ones that we had made here. I will send you the one that James Rayer made. I would like to see how a company stacks up against a creative iPod user.

Posted by Doug Gilmour on February 22, 2004 at 11:43 AM (PDT)

A joke!  For a text game?

I hope people realize there are MUDs out there you can play online on telnet or web pages, etc that are FREE!  Not to mention interactive with other players!

Now that this thing is lowered to $10, compare it to a copy of Quake III and Unreal Tournament that is out in the bargin bins.

Compare the workmanship and quality.

What gives?

There’s a reason there isn’t a “screen shot”.  It’s too lame!

Posted by cabbit on February 22, 2004 at 11:58 AM (PDT)

Oh yeah, forgot to add…

Game boy games retail at a high price of only $30 and the bargin bin and used ones goes for as low as $3-$10!

Don’t get played a fool

Posted by cabbit on February 22, 2004 at 12:00 PM (PDT)

Ive Emailed the company to see if im gonna be billed the full $30 price or the new $10 price. If I get billed the full price i want my money back

Posted by curryluvva in UK on February 22, 2004 at 12:04 PM (PDT)

once again i want to post that this game should be free, i doub that any one would play it but i mean 10$ for a game that you have to read? ha MONOPOLY sells cheaper and its more entertaining than that crap…i would suggest EVERYONE MAKE A READ GAME OF THEIR OWN AND POST IT UP FOR FREE ON A WEBSITE!!!! BOYCOTT THEM!!! HAHA….ah…im bored… smile

Posted by Ninja Turtle on February 22, 2004 at 12:04 PM (PDT)

“first long awaited game for the iPod”

Long awaited????
LMAO!!!

Posted by bababooey on February 22, 2004 at 12:30 PM (PDT)

cslbp,
just get your money back. this game isn’t even worth a nickle..

Posted by Elmo on February 22, 2004 at 12:31 PM (PDT)

btw, isn’t the image on the website strikingly similar to a current movie trilogy?  sue their butts and bankrupt them, mr. jackson (or is it Tolkien’s heirs?)

Posted by Adam on February 22, 2004 at 12:38 PM (PDT)

To all the people who keep saying I dont want my iPod to play games I want to play music shhhh!

maybe you dont but some people do! Im sure weve all sat there on a boring train ride and got out our phone or iPod and played a game just for somit to do thats what its for not like they created the iPod toaster add-on jeez!

although I gotta agree $30 for a game dont think so and even now $10 is still too much.. couple of days and itll be on KaZaA… and why call it a game?

This reminds me of the old fighting fantasy books that used to be a book by going to certain paragraphs you could chose what happened in the book which is what this is so it aint a game its a book taht you control and trust me they are fun but when the ipod switches off youll lose your place so its pretty stupid and there will only be on game so once it done its done so $30 dont think so! Id rather buy $30 worth of shoe laces for the future than buy this!

Posted by Anarchi5t on February 22, 2004 at 3:20 PM (PDT)

i paid the original $30 but when i complained about the price change i got $20 back

the game is still rubbish though!

Posted by curryluvva in UK on February 22, 2004 at 11:46 PM (PDT)

It looks like they lowered it to $9.99 which is still too much.

Posted by iamdone on February 23, 2004 at 8:40 AM (PDT)

If they spent less time on graphics on their website and released it free it would be very cool. But charging for it is sort of ridiculous, at least $10/$30.

Posted by kainjow on February 23, 2004 at 9:07 AM (PDT)

Fakes

Posted by James Rayers on February 23, 2004 at 9:18 AM (PDT)

Those graphics probably aren’t theres either!

Posted by James Rayers on February 23, 2004 at 9:20 AM (PDT)

Page 3 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >