XO Play announces new “BUM” iPod game | iLounge News

XO Play announces new “BUM” iPod game

XO Play launches ‘BUM’ adventure game for the iPod. This follows the success of XO Play’s last two iPod games ‘The Rise Of The Lost’ and ‘Herbert’s Big Adventure’ The adventure story game puts you in the role of Rufus, a BUM looking to hit the big time and become a millionaire. You’ll do anything you can for a meal, a dollar to get you through the day and a step closer to your dreams. The choices and decisions you make will lead you to the life of rich spoils as a millionaire or stuck digging through trashcans. As you read through the adventure you will be asked to choose your destiny by selecting from a number of options found at the bottom of the page. Similar to the ‘choose-your-own-adventure’ series. The game costs $14.99 and is played via the notes section on your iPod.

« Apple patents iPod user interface

Lajo announces exomini case for iPod mini »

Comments

Looks interesting…. Good game.

Posted by John Bennie on March 26, 2004 at 8:49 AM (PDT)

Great idea!!!!! Liked Herbert’s Big Adventure. Me going to be a BUM for the day. LOL. Whoooo

Posted by HotDoggie on March 26, 2004 at 8:57 AM (PDT)

Aren’t these guys ever going to learn??? $15 for a little text game/interactive story.  Are people really paying for this crap?

Posted by davsug on March 26, 2004 at 9:05 AM (PDT)

BUMS! Dont think they can afford iPod’s. Just downloaded a copy looks quite cool.

Posted by Hpotts on March 26, 2004 at 9:10 AM (PDT)

Correct me if i’m wrong but have they yet again copied one of our ideas about being a tramp?

Posted by Kloberman on March 26, 2004 at 9:14 AM (PDT)

I’m a tramp, whwre’s my parade?

Posted by cheddar on March 26, 2004 at 9:44 AM (PDT)

Stop going on and on about people copying your idea’s. These are proper games not short sample idea’s. They were articled in the NY York Times last week. So can’t be so crap. I’ve give them a b+. They are good.

Posted by John Beenie on March 26, 2004 at 9:44 AM (PDT)

uummmm no….the beta program that they used was posted as a news download earlier…..urrr for free….and anyone with a good mind could come up with a story line…........dont flame me i want my mummy

Posted by nooo on March 26, 2004 at 9:59 AM (PDT)

wait a second… i have an istories game called hobo which has a VERY similar storyline… and it was free…

Posted by Bill Henderson on March 26, 2004 at 10:11 AM (PDT)

WOW!! this games sounds AWESOME!!!! Hey everybody, let’s get it and then we’ll all be super cool just like the XO play poster with the split personalities and multiple user names who always posts here. A+++

Posted by Pigpen65 on March 26, 2004 at 10:25 AM (PDT)

Hey what’s the story with charging for this. I wouldn’t have bought an ipod if I wanted to PAY for anything.

Pretty flawed thinking really. If anyone has this can they just email me a copy: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), cheers.

By the way - I love bums.

Posted by me on March 26, 2004 at 10:35 AM (PDT)

[url=http://www.ipodsoft.com]http://www.ipodsoft.com[/url] download istories. costs $15 less!

Posted by Bill Henderson on March 26, 2004 at 10:39 AM (PDT)

Ahh, more fake posts and people complaining. Are there any moderators on this site? This place is really starting to become sour.

Posted by narco in Burbank on March 26, 2004 at 10:47 AM (PDT)

hey im sorry! im sure it’s a great game but i’m not willing to pay £15 dollars, however that is my opinion. if you got cash to burn can you send me a copy? smile

Posted by Bill Henderson on March 26, 2004 at 10:49 AM (PDT)

lol.
“following the success of herbert…” Who writes these news?

Posted by Sparks9 on March 26, 2004 at 11:02 AM (PDT)

What a rip off. Why would anyone want to pay for such drivel?

Posted by T J Hooker on March 26, 2004 at 11:20 AM (PDT)

Hey there is an iStory called “The Hobo” dated 3/8/2004. This is very suspicious to say the least.

And before that “The girlfriend quest” on 2/22/04

Can anybody find the free version of what might have been their first story?

Hey Bill, you should put a license agreement on the iStories that says they can’t be sold, or redistributed without permission and credit to the original author.

Posted by cheddar on March 26, 2004 at 12:37 PM (PDT)

Give them a chance. Game looks OK.

Posted by jimmynail on March 26, 2004 at 1:35 PM (PDT)

Hey everybody, I am the creator of the free iStory, entitled “Hobo”.

I thought up the idea, and it is free for download at ‘www.ipodsoft.com’.

Our program is free, unlike these rip-off text adventures that these selfish people are selling.

I have no idea whether they copied my original idea, but it is very suspicious.

I hope that you will check my iStory out before you buy this one, because you might be satisfied. I went to the XOPlay website, and the description to their over-priced game is very similar to mine.

Make what you will of this, but beware before purchasing.

The iStory Creator has free text games that you’ll find to be surprisingly fun and initiative. We have three times as many iStories as the XOPlay website, and they are all free.

It is your decision to make, but I hope you take these points into consideration.

Check the iStory Creator out at [url=http://www.ipodsoft.com]http://www.ipodsoft.com[/url]

Posted by iJman on March 26, 2004 at 2:43 PM (PDT)

Read these unaltered game descriptions and you decide how suspiciously alike they are:

‘Hobo’- You are a lazy bum on the streets of New York. You hate the way you live and want to refine your life and find a steady job. You already have a high school education, but you were never smart enough to use it to get a career. You own a 4’4’’ cardboard box in a ‘scenic’ alley, and you live off of banana peels and rat poo.

‘BUM’-The box that once housed a refrigerator, you now call home. It’s been five long years since that fateful day you lost your job and your whole world turned upside down, leaving you broke and homeless. You are Rufus T. Pilkington, a homeless guy looking to get his life back on track. You’ll do anything you can for a meal and a dollar to get you through the day. You search through trash cans, you stand on street corners with your cardboard sign, dreaming that one day you will hit the big time. The choices you make will decide your fate whether you remain a Bum or become a Millionaire.

Yes, you read right! I used the word ‘bum’ in my original story. Suspicious…

Posted by iJman on March 26, 2004 at 8:38 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »