XO Play announces new “BUM” iPod game | iLounge News

XO Play announces new “BUM” iPod game

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, March 26, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

XO Play launches ‘BUM’ adventure game for the iPod. This follows the success of XO Play’s last two iPod games ‘The Rise Of The Lost’ and ‘Herbert’s Big Adventure’ The adventure story game puts you in the role of Rufus, a BUM looking to hit the big time and become a millionaire. You’ll do anything you can for a meal, a dollar to get you through the day and a step closer to your dreams. The choices and decisions you make will lead you to the life of rich spoils as a millionaire or stuck digging through trashcans. As you read through the adventure you will be asked to choose your destiny by selecting from a number of options found at the bottom of the page. Similar to the ‘choose-your-own-adventure’ series. The game costs $14.99 and is played via the notes section on your iPod.

« Apple patents iPod user interface

Lajo announces exomini case for iPod mini »

Comments

Hey everyone, I am the programmer who created the program called the “iStory Creator”, which allows people to write their own custom text games or to download and install iStories onto their iPod.

I really want to make this big. If we can get some good writers, the possibilities are endless for creative interactive games. iJman has made many extremely fun text games. These include Harry Potter stories, Pokemon, Who wants to be a millionaire, The Hobo, and we have other as well. Be sure to check them out as well as checking out our thread (on this site under General)

Posted by XGamerX on March 26, 2004 at 9:03 PM (PDT)

“....the beta program that they used was posted as a news download earlier”

They better not have used that program… Our liscense speciffically state you can not use our program for commercial purposes.

If they dont respond to my e-mail this time I will be forced to take action, but i would really rather not.

xGamerx, me, Shadow, and our honorary member iJMan, compromise iPodSoft and we will defend our work. I will not allow XO play to make another step at all.

Posted by enjoilax on March 26, 2004 at 9:31 PM (PDT)

whaa hoo! bring on the law suits! love istories btw

Posted by Bill Henderson on March 27, 2004 at 11:01 AM (PDT)

lol Glad to see a supporter! You should post on the iStory Creator thread more! smile

We’ll just wait and see what happens… enjoilax is looking into it.

Posted by iJman on March 27, 2004 at 11:12 AM (PDT)

Why ipodlounge still give publicity to these guy is beyond me.

Posted by Fat_Mike on March 27, 2004 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

I have no idea…

But from now on, when we have a new iStory made, I am going to send a post to Dennis so that we can get news articles for them, as XO Play has been.

Then maybe people won’t waste their money on these stories, and XO Play’s selfish madness will stop.

Posted by iJman on March 27, 2004 at 2:04 PM (PDT)

good idea! smile (ijman i posted on the forum)

Posted by Bill Henderson aka Billpod on March 28, 2004 at 2:53 AM (PDT)

iStories rules!! Thanks for letting me know about it. Hobo is cool too for a few minutes light relief!!

Selling this kind of thing for $15 isn’t in the spirit of things, let’s rise up and create bigger and better products a NO COST and put an end to this nonsense!

Posted by T J Hooker on March 28, 2004 at 3:03 AM (PDT)

Just donloaded istories. Its loaded crashed my PC. Don’t download. Load of crap. Their stories also busted my iPOD!!!!!!

Posted by HipHooper on March 28, 2004 at 4:06 AM (PDT)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ XOPlay employee lol

Posted by Bill Henderson aka Billpod on March 28, 2004 at 4:16 AM (PDT)

XO Play seems to have very ethical business pratices. From what i can tell from reading this thread, they stole an idea for a text game on the ipod; actually stole the game itself; charged $15 for it when the original they stole was free; and then started switching user names to spam their product on this board (and flame the creator of the game that has given them their livilhood.) That’s what i like to see when i’m thinking of making a purchase. Where do i send my money XO play?

Posted by Pigpen65 on March 28, 2004 at 4:45 AM (PDT)

Yeah, sign me up too… I’ve been SOLD by those comments saying “yeah, this looks really good”, etc. above that are blatently just XO Play nobbies trying to sell this carp. Isn’t that illegal.

Posted by //ICKED!!! on March 28, 2004 at 5:04 AM (PDT)

HipHooper you’re a dipstick. If iStories did crash (which I very much doubt) it’s not the fault of the developers, but of me, as the head of Microsoft, for publishing a .net framework full of bugs. You need to get a better computer and also install SP1 plus 10000000mb of downloadable updates to make your machine remotely stable…. and as for a few text files breaking an ipod, well, this is extremely unlikely (read: impossible), but if that were an issue I would contact Apple to exercise your rights under warranty.

Scumbag.

Posted by Bill Gates on March 28, 2004 at 5:07 AM (PDT)

I can assure everybody planning to download and install iStorie creator that it definitly won’t #### up niether your PC or iPod. It was tested thoroughly and this just plain impossible for it to bust your iPod. HipHooper is just another super l33t members of the XOPlay team once again trying to sell their stolen material.

Posted by Fat_Mike on March 28, 2004 at 8:23 AM (PDT)

Seriously, XOPlay is a bit immature here. Its getting ridiculous. Linked text files cannot bust your iPod. The fact that they both ######## about their game and they ######## against mine is not my favorite tactic. Are they really that desperate?

Posted by XGamerX on March 28, 2004 at 8:29 AM (PDT)

XGamerX i sent u an istory
about XOPlay

Posted by Bill Henderson aka Billpod on March 28, 2004 at 9:10 AM (PDT)

Hiphopper you blinking XO Play employee.

Either state your opinions as yourself, or get the crap out of here.

The iStory Creator is an awesome program, the text files won’t screw with your iPod, and XO Play’s company is gonna FAIL.

iStories will forever and always be free.

Give up, XO Play, and stop this load of CRAP!!!!!!!!! Grow up. Noone is gonna buy text files.

You’ve lost. Period.

Posted by iJman on March 28, 2004 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

Hey Bill, I got your game, I am going to put it up on the site as soon as I check it over.

Posted by XGamerX on March 28, 2004 at 10:47 AM (PDT)

Yeah XO Play, iPod types are typically suckers who will pay loads of cash for crap accessories, but you’re really trying to take it to the next level charging for some text files when there’s equivalent and better products out there for free.

... and posting here under different names saying “looks interesting, great game” is not fooling ANYBODY.

You will surely be exterminated… there can’t be anybody stupid enough to pay for this tripe?!?!

Posted by Weed Smoking Dude on March 28, 2004 at 11:04 AM (PDT)

wow my story, on the internet!

Posted by Bill Henderson aka Billpod on March 28, 2004 at 11:18 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >