XO Play announces new “BUM” iPod game | iLounge News

XO Play announces new “BUM” iPod game

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, March 26, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

XO Play launches ‘BUM’ adventure game for the iPod. This follows the success of XO Play’s last two iPod games ‘The Rise Of The Lost’ and ‘Herbert’s Big Adventure’ The adventure story game puts you in the role of Rufus, a BUM looking to hit the big time and become a millionaire. You’ll do anything you can for a meal, a dollar to get you through the day and a step closer to your dreams. The choices and decisions you make will lead you to the life of rich spoils as a millionaire or stuck digging through trashcans. As you read through the adventure you will be asked to choose your destiny by selecting from a number of options found at the bottom of the page. Similar to the ‘choose-your-own-adventure’ series. The game costs $14.99 and is played via the notes section on your iPod.

« Apple patents iPod user interface

Lajo announces exomini case for iPod mini »

Comments

Dont be totally stupid!!!! i have been to ipodsoft. It is a joke. Children have put those stories together. 20 pages at maximum and writen by people who can’t spell and clearly are not writers.

It is like saying dont buy a playstation, you can make one out of toilet rolls.

Oh I forgot iPod actually copied Creative Jukebox too!!!!

This site is great apart from a small few who do not know what they are talking about and argue all amoungst themselves about complete nonsense.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…............ putting not only my feet but i imagine the rest of ipodlounge to sleep very fast.

Posted by John Beanie on March 28, 2004 at 2:32 PM (PDT)

So you advocate spending $14.99 on a text based game for the iPod? You think that there games are of so much higher quality that its worth paying for them? I have to disagree. I think that the iStories are perfectly fun entertainment. The stories are anywhere from 20-40 pages, and that is perfectly fine lengths for games meant to played in 1-2 sittings.

I think the playstation:toilet roil analogy is a bit much. Do you think XOPlay is comprised of Ernest Hemingway and Charles Dickens? #### no it isnt. XOPlay is the one who is comprised of children.

They come on here and start making up names and pretending they bought their games. Its sad.

I really dont know what your big problem is. I have one thread, and I have this one comment thread. If you dont like the idea, dont go to those. I dont want to hear your ####. Thanks.

Posted by XGamerX on March 28, 2004 at 3:14 PM (PDT)

John, I would like to know exactly how many iStories that you’ve downloaded. Because we have a few that are 50 pages and beyond.

Don’t feed this crap to people. Our iStories are free, and as our program and it’s supporters grow we’ll get better and longer iStories.

Right now they will suffice.

So until then, don’t complain about a free service.

Our writers are the public, one of them being me. If you’ve got something against me/us not making long and more detailed iStories, I challenge you to make one. I’m sure it would be appreciated.

No??? You don’t want to make one??? Then shut your mouth about the stories that people have put their free time into to give to the public. You are being very arrogant.

If more people were as picky and whiney as you’re being, I don’t think that we would keep this going.

Luckily most people that download them love our iStories.

That’s what keeps me writing.

Posted by iJman on March 28, 2004 at 6:04 PM (PDT)

putting my feet to sleep….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Did you ever get anything good which was free? exactly. Also I had the same problem of my PC crashing with istories. Not sure if it was network or what but not trying again!!!

Posted by John Beanie on March 29, 2004 at 1:11 AM (PDT)

John, you obviously work of XOplay, furthermore you have yet to make a intelegent comment (or arguement) yet. as far as it crashing you computer, highly doubtful, beacause you and your other name seem to be the only ones haveing that problem. iJman, XGamerX, and any one that made and or helps out with istory. i commend you, keep it up, you guys do an awesome job. iJman, i look forward to your next story.

john beanie, to stoop to your level “I don’t know, your mom was pretty good, and she was free” thats about what your matureity level is at…

Posted by DRAGON88 on March 29, 2004 at 2:04 AM (PDT)

I just paid $14.99 for this game “Bums” and when I tried to install it it caused some internal error with my ipod. The ipod wouldn’t undock and no matter what I did it showed the “do not disconnect screen”, even when I was forced to power down my computer.

I thought it would be ok so unplugged it in the hope that it would reset…. it didn’t.

Now the thing is useless, thanks XO Play.

Posted by Disappointed, Delaware on March 29, 2004 at 2:30 AM (PDT)

bugs bugs bugs…...... filing law suit against istories

Posted by istoriescrashed on March 29, 2004 at 3:50 AM (PDT)

Yes, istories crashed on my pc too. Take that crap off the net.

Posted by petersands on March 29, 2004 at 3:52 AM (PDT)

istories is not good

Posted by killme on March 29, 2004 at 3:52 AM (PDT)

istories is bad bad bad. dont anyone download it. It sucks and will distroy your PC!!!!

Posted by roberthurts on March 29, 2004 at 3:53 AM (PDT)

Disappointed, Delaware works for istories!! We are so convinced by your multiple personalities istories. Hey maybe i’ll donload istories and get a bug to. Great idea!

Posted by roberthurts on March 29, 2004 at 4:01 AM (PDT)

Looser!!!

Posted by Pigpen65 on March 29, 2004 at 4:09 AM (PDT)

How sad is this thread. The XO Play child posts 4 times in a row (blatently as they’re all within 2 mins of each other) about istories being bad, straight after a legitimate poster complains about their product.

Do you really want to be lining the pockets of a company that operates in this childish and pathetic manner?

Posted by How sad on March 29, 2004 at 6:17 AM (PDT)

And even WORSE… this guy is accusing people of ‘working’ for iStories ... don’t know if you know ANYTHING about the market XO Play nobby, but why would people who are providing a great product for FREE have to resort to such tactics? You’re blatently slandering iStories with no reason and no truth behind your claims.

Surely someone should sue your pathetic ###.

Posted by How sad, again on March 29, 2004 at 6:20 AM (PDT)

the above 4 posts are fakes?

Posted by Bill Henderson aka Billpod on March 29, 2004 at 6:32 AM (PDT)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^fakes (i think) i’ve never had a problem with istories.

Posted by Bill Henderson aka Billpod on March 29, 2004 at 6:33 AM (PDT)

ahhhh!! triple post hell! i meant the 4 posts on the other page not the 1’s directly above sorry! :#

Posted by Bill Henderson aka Billpod on March 29, 2004 at 6:35 AM (PDT)

istories what a load of s***. Broke my damm PC. You download and you will see. All above fake posts by istories, how sad and pathetic. Using different usernames but all the same person. How sad.

Posted by roberthurts on March 29, 2004 at 7:03 AM (PDT)

right…... can anyone wrap this argument up? robert are you an employee of XOPlay?

Posted by Bill Henderson aka Billpod on March 29, 2004 at 8:45 AM (PDT)

There are no problems with istories, it’s just a huge case of sour grapes from this lamer at XO Play who thinks he can market some text files which are available elsewhere for free in an effort to cash in on gullible and uneducated ipodders. It’s our duty to oust this sheister.

They must be stopped. Whether iStories does or does not crash one persons computer does not matter, as it’s a completely different product to BUMS which is being touted here.

The equivalent TEXT FILES to what bums is are available from the same site as iStories and YOU DON’T NEED ISTORIES TO INSTALL THEM, you just copy them to your notes directory on the ipod and THE JOB IS DONE…

so sad XO Play ##### stop slagging off iStories, at least it’s free and it does INFINITELY more than your crappy BUMS text files.

Go hang yourself you #####.

Posted by Organ donor on March 29, 2004 at 9:40 AM (PDT)

Page 3 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >