XO Play announces new “BUM” iPod game | iLounge News

XO Play announces new “BUM” iPod game

XO Play launches ‘BUM’ adventure game for the iPod. This follows the success of XO Play’s last two iPod games ‘The Rise Of The Lost’ and ‘Herbert’s Big Adventure’ The adventure story game puts you in the role of Rufus, a BUM looking to hit the big time and become a millionaire. You’ll do anything you can for a meal, a dollar to get you through the day and a step closer to your dreams. The choices and decisions you make will lead you to the life of rich spoils as a millionaire or stuck digging through trashcans. As you read through the adventure you will be asked to choose your destiny by selecting from a number of options found at the bottom of the page. Similar to the ‘choose-your-own-adventure’ series. The game costs $14.99 and is played via the notes section on your iPod.

« Apple patents iPod user interface

Lajo announces exomini case for iPod mini »

Comments

no i am not. but i just dont like seeing all these sour grapes over a good game.

BUM is not the same as your sites free rubbish.

end of story (literally!)

and yes your istories did crash my PC and it seems to do this to others to. Not downloading it again. Real sh*t.

Posted by roberthurts on March 29, 2004 at 10:04 AM (PDT)

organ donor or should i call you billpod??? stooping low istories to promote your multi-personalities!!!! No one with half a sense or anyone on ipodlounge is convinced by your self promotion and low life flaming!

END OF STORY.

Posted by roberthurts on March 29, 2004 at 10:06 AM (PDT)

nope i’m not organ doner, you can check i.p addresses somehow i think. no actually im all 4 XOPlay but $15???? $3 would be better and no copying ideas smile only kidding please don’t flame me again…. fire hurts…

Posted by Bill Henderson aka Billpod on March 29, 2004 at 10:16 AM (PDT)

roberthurts, surely YOU’RE the one with the multipersonality and self-promotion and all that crap?

I’m not Billpod, I’m someone else - an independent person not attached to either product who can blatently see what a rip off this BUMS game is.

I looked at iStories, it worked fine, it allows you to CREATE stories, which is different to BUYING a pre-made story.

Pre-made stories of equal quality with more varied and expanse themes can be downloaded FOR FREE elsewhere, so why would anyone want to pay money for this game which is a rip off of that other guy’s Hobo game anyway?

You are an XO Play pussy as no-one else would care so much that they had to bad mouth istories so much in an attempt to somehow (bizarrely) promote their own product, not appreciating that iStories and BUMS are TOTALLY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS, one being a GAME CREATOR, the other being a TEXT BASED GAME…. you’re a total fool.

Posted by me on March 29, 2004 at 10:24 AM (PDT)

‘organ donor’ and ‘me’ are the same people. Confirmed IP. And they are iStories peddling their cr*p to the uneperienced ipod user who they are hoping will fall for their self promoted cr*p and infect their PC with the BUGS. Yuck Yuck bugs everywhere….

You are an istories p**** as no-one else would care so much that they had to bad mouth istories so much in an attempt to somehow (bizarrely) promote their own product.

Posted by roberthurts on March 29, 2004 at 12:02 PM (PDT)

Roberthurts, I don’t give a crap what you think.

Me, XGamerX, and BillPod are all different people. You can believe that or not, but it doesn’t really matter.

iStories won’t crash your PC. Period.

There is no possible way.

iStories are just TEXT FILES!!!!!!

The only thing the iStory Creator does is it just places a text line in that links different text files together.

How in the stinking world could they crash your PC if you don’t even USE THEM THERE?!

STOP FEEDING THIS CRAP TO PEOPLE!

ISTORIES ARE BUG-FREE.

If you aren’t an XO Play employee, than I see no reason why you’re doing this.

My guess is that you are.

Scre-w all of you and your ripoff stories.

Posted by iJman on March 29, 2004 at 1:03 PM (PDT)

I am both me and organ donor, yes… I don’t hide it, but I’m not an “employee” of istories, surely they don’t have “employees” as they’re providing a free product rather than trying to profit from foolish people who might be conned into paying for some text files.

iStories is an AUTHORING package. Why don’t you understand the distinction between that and some TEXT FILES??

Are you stupid?

I don’t care if iStories is crap or it destroys your computer or anything, the point is that BUMS costs money, whereas there are MANY better FREE stories available. You don’t need iStories as you just copy the files to your ipod, so STOP going on about iStories as it’s TOTALLY irrelevant unless you want a FREE and USEABLE environment to quickly develop stories.

The two products are totally different, surely you’re not so dumb that you can’t understand that.

The fact remains, BUMS is a direct copy of the older and free game Hobo which was developed using iStories, but please please please don’t let that start you off yet again with your nonsense about it breaking your computer.

You try to act reasonable in some of your posts to add validity to your silly claims, when just a few posts earlier you were insisting iStories actually broke your ipod.

You’re such a dickhead. I’ve never had any dealings with the iStories people, but they seem pretty genuine people (seeing as they’re providing a product and supporting stories for free, why would they have a gripe?!).

Stop being so dim, please.

Posted by me me it's me on March 29, 2004 at 1:23 PM (PDT)

Just so everyone knows, while I am done fighting with these immature idiots, I must set one thing straight. It is IMPOSSIBLE for iStories or the iStory Creator to crash someone computer. Yes, thats right, it is not AT ALL capable of crashing a computer under any circumstances.

It COULD crash itself, but then it just auto exits. I have tested it enough however to where it rarely to never has any errors. Regardless, it could never crash a computer.

So now, I obviously see that the guys claiming it crashes their PC are totally bullshitting. They either work for XO Play or enjoy lying for the fun of it.

Posted by XGamerX on March 29, 2004 at 1:23 PM (PDT)

Are iStories different from games? Furthermore, can someone give me a website where i can download games for the iPod?

Posted by Greg L on March 29, 2004 at 4:37 PM (PDT)

iStories are interactive text games for the iPod. You play through them like a “choose your own adventure” books. You cannot play “real” games on the iPod, they do not exist.

You can download free iStories at http://ipodsoft.com

Posted by XGamerX on March 29, 2004 at 4:45 PM (PDT)

I wish a mod would step in here and clear away the XOPlay spam. I hold XOPlay in the same light as SCO and RIAA right now.

Posted by EvanB on March 29, 2004 at 5:56 PM (PDT)

wow i’m guessing all these anti-istories posts are from the same ip..  pretty sad.

Posted by innovazndrummer on March 29, 2004 at 7:36 PM (PDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages « First  <  2 3 4