XO Play releases “Herbertís Big Adventure” iPod game | iLounge News

XO Play releases “Herbertís Big Adventure” iPod game

“XO Play the manufacturers of Herbertís Big Adventure launched today their second iPod game following the success of ĎThe Rise Of The Lostí last week.

The adventure story game puts you in the role of Herbert, a heart breaker, lady lover - funny guy who has all the right moves. You venture out into the city to seek that one true love to give your heart to. Whether itíll be at the local bar sipping on a Martini, hanging out at the nightclub, or shopping at the mall. As Herbert, you have to keep a watchful eye for the girl of your dreams.

As you read through the adventure you will be asked to choose your destiny by selecting from a number of options found at the bottom of the page. Similar to the Ďchoose-your-own-adventureí series. The game cost $14.99 and is played via the notes section of your iPod.”

« iTunes Pepsi Winning Cap Giveaway

iPod poll asks if size matters »

Comments

15 bucks… that’s laughable. who are these people who think crap like this will sell?

Posted by stasis424 on March 3, 2004 at 7:52 AM (PDT)

who needs a game?  this is my life!

Posted by Daddo on March 3, 2004 at 8:15 AM (PDT)

Great Game!!!!!

Bring it on XO Play.

Posted by same on March 3, 2004 at 8:32 AM (PDT)

Great Idea,

Just downloaded, mmmm me excitted. I looove adventure games!!!  yipeeee.

Posted by jonny on March 3, 2004 at 8:33 AM (PDT)

Hi guys,

Game looks good, a little sexiest though, but I’ll give it a try.

Runs smoothly, I like. Hey XO Play can you sort out a girls version please please please.

Kitten
NY

Posted by Kitten on March 3, 2004 at 8:36 AM (PDT)

I got their last game The Rise Of The Lost. Like it alot. Simple idea but very enjoyable. Hope this one is just as good. Looks better.

JK

Posted by Jaffa on March 3, 2004 at 8:38 AM (PDT)

We checked the IP address and the above comments by same, jonny, kitten, and jaffa, are from the same person. Add JK to the list.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on March 3, 2004 at 9:00 AM (PDT)

Maybe you could make it so only members can post comments to these thing?

I wonder if I can get same, jonny, kitten and jaffa to buy my ipod game. By clicking certain buttons and moving the wheel you can create the music from your favorite artists. Just upload your favorite songs and for $40 I’ll send you a text file that tells you how to play them! LOL

Posted by cheddar on March 3, 2004 at 9:06 AM (PDT)

This game sounds familiar…

Posted by Leisure Suit Larry on March 3, 2004 at 9:08 AM (PDT)

Is this really a game?

Or just a bunch of text files neatly organized in different folders?

Posted by Schiano on March 3, 2004 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

Same IP?

Heh.

All posted within a few minutes of each other, too!

I was considering buying a game from XO Play, but this type of BS has changed my mind.

Same, jonny, kitten and jaffa ...You just lost a customer. Probablly MANY customers.

Posted by Same IP? on March 3, 2004 at 9:33 AM (PDT)

me like game 2.  good concept. stop trying to pull down progress. go and moan about the weather.

Posted by JK on March 3, 2004 at 9:34 AM (PDT)

Totally been looking for something other than the included games to help pass time on my bus ride into work. But XO’s tactics seem O so Xtremely lame. Lost my trust. Peace

Posted by John on March 3, 2004 at 9:40 AM (PDT)

Progress != spamming your product as different users (same, jonny, kitten, jaffa)

Posted by Schiano on March 3, 2004 at 9:41 AM (PDT)

This game rocks! It’s better than Halo! I’m a 18 year old girl, and when I’m not swimsuit modeling or giving massages, I love to play XO’s games on my iPod. Now if I could only find a boyfriend who loves this game as much as I do.

Hugs and Kisses,
Cheri in Cali

[... now back to reality]

Posted by Chimpee on March 3, 2004 at 9:46 AM (PDT)

wow jk is not a member either! Who would have guessed?

Oh and since when is a choose you own adventure game progress? I have nothing for respect for the guys who discovered a way to add games to the iPod for the use of their brethren, and nothing but disdain for the guys who would try and prophet (lol profit is how I would spell it) from some one else’s hard work.

Posted by cheddar on March 3, 2004 at 10:01 AM (PDT)

Cheap, very cheap trick. Forget it XO, that
“strategy” sucks.

Posted by elWilly on March 3, 2004 at 10:41 AM (PDT)

You guys lay it off. Game looks interesting. I am also getting a little bored of brick. So this is a breath of fresh air. Also this should get Apple off their ###!

Posted by BigBear on March 3, 2004 at 11:41 AM (PDT)

I owe a slight apology. None of the name highlited above will tell you if the person is a member or not. jk might be a member. If so I apologize for that part of my comment.

Posted by cheddar on March 3, 2004 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

so, will ipodlounge stop posting the press releases for these losers?  It almost gives credibility to a company that:
a-is trying to profit from someone else’s ideas
b-spamming fake praise about the product and company

Posted by davsug on March 3, 2004 at 11:43 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >