XtremeMac at 2012 CES: Multi-iPad Charging Stations
XtremeMac is showcasing a number of new products at the 2012 International CES. Included in the mix is the Tango TT, an audio charging dock for the iPod, iPhone, iPad featuring a flexible 30-pin dock connector, that allows the device to be docked in landscape or portrait orientation, a sliding back support that raises and lowers the device for multiple viewing angles, multi-directional speakers, an auxiliary input, and a companion app. It will be available this summer.
Also being shown is the Soma BT, a portable combination Bluetooth stereo speaker and battery pack for the iPod, iPhone, iPad, and other compatible devices. It features a 2W x 2 speaker setup with a passive radiator for improved low-end performance, an internal 1150mAh battery that provides up to six hours of playtime and can be used to charge a separate device over USB, a high-power microphone for hands-free calling, and a line-in jack for connecting non-Bluetooth audio devices. It will be available in the second quarter of 2012.
Available in Duo Plus, X3, or X5 versions—signifying the number of devices that can simultaneously be charged. There is a Dock Connector plug for each, so that they may stand in an orderly line and no additional cables are required. Pricing for the Duo Plus has yet to be announced, while the X3 and X5 will sell for $100 and $150, respectively. All three charging stations are expected to hit the market in Q1.
The company is also showing a 3-in-1 USB Mobile Cable that offers micro USB, mini USB and 30pin tethered tips, the InCharge Boost, a portable battery pack with a 2300 mAh lithium polymer battery, an integrated 30-pin connector and USB connector, an integrated carabiner, a dedicated on/off switch, and LED status indicators, and the InCharge Micro Boost, a 500 mAh battery pack, which also features an integrated carabiner, 30-pin connector, and LED status indicator lights. All three will be available in Q1; pricing on the 3-in-1 cable has yet to be revealed, while the InCharge Boost and InCharge Micro Boost will sell for $50 and $25, respectively.
Finally, the company is showing a variety of cases, including options for the iPad, iPhone, and MacBook.
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Nautilus announces HealthKit integration
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0