XtremeMac at 2012 CES: Multi-iPad Charging Stations
XtremeMac is showcasing a number of new products at the 2012 International CES. Included in the mix is the Tango TT, an audio charging dock for the iPod, iPhone, iPad featuring a flexible 30-pin dock connector, that allows the device to be docked in landscape or portrait orientation, a sliding back support that raises and lowers the device for multiple viewing angles, multi-directional speakers, an auxiliary input, and a companion app. It will be available this summer.
Also being shown is the Soma BT, a portable combination Bluetooth stereo speaker and battery pack for the iPod, iPhone, iPad, and other compatible devices. It features a 2W x 2 speaker setup with a passive radiator for improved low-end performance, an internal 1150mAh battery that provides up to six hours of playtime and can be used to charge a separate device over USB, a high-power microphone for hands-free calling, and a line-in jack for connecting non-Bluetooth audio devices. It will be available in the second quarter of 2012.
Available in Duo Plus, X3, or X5 versions—signifying the number of devices that can simultaneously be charged. There is a Dock Connector plug for each, so that they may stand in an orderly line and no additional cables are required. Pricing for the Duo Plus has yet to be announced, while the X3 and X5 will sell for $100 and $150, respectively. All three charging stations are expected to hit the market in Q1.
The company is also showing a 3-in-1 USB Mobile Cable that offers micro USB, mini USB and 30pin tethered tips, the InCharge Boost, a portable battery pack with a 2300 mAh lithium polymer battery, an integrated 30-pin connector and USB connector, an integrated carabiner, a dedicated on/off switch, and LED status indicators, and the InCharge Micro Boost, a 500 mAh battery pack, which also features an integrated carabiner, 30-pin connector, and LED status indicator lights. All three will be available in Q1; pricing on the 3-in-1 cable has yet to be revealed, while the InCharge Boost and InCharge Micro Boost will sell for $50 and $25, respectively.
Finally, the company is showing a variety of cases, including options for the iPad, iPhone, and MacBook.
- Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- Kicker intros Amphitheater K3 Speaker, Vapor headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple releases iOS 7.1 beta 2 to developers
- Apple patent reveals restaurant ordering, reservation system
- Beyoncé releases new ‘visual album’ on iTunes
- U.S. carriers to make unlocking phones easier
- New iPad models poll ends, Screen Protector poll begins
- Apple says factory conditions unrelated to worker’s death
- Apps: Angry Birds Go, GTA: San Andreas, The Room 2 + Sonic 2 3.0
- Samsung denied Apple ban in S. Korea
- Apple TV adds ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle, KORTV
- AT&T CEO: Bye, device subsidies, hello financing
- Jabra Solemate Mini Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- iBattz Mojo Vogue Battstation
- Spigen SGP Tough Armor for iPad mini
- Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS SonicFuel In-Ear Headphones
- Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store