XtremeMac debuts MicroShield for 5G iPod | iLounge News

XtremeMac debuts MicroShield for 5G iPod

image

image

image

imageXtremeMac tomorrow will announce a new version of its MicroShield for the fifth-generation iPod. The clear hard case features a two-piece design that snaps onto the front and back of the iPod, offering protection for the body and screen of the device while providing access to the click wheel, dock connector and earphone jack. The $25 case comes with one front and two rear panels—one with an integrated belt clip, and one without. The MicroShield will be available in 30GB and 60GB models to accommodate both sizes of the new iPod. The case will be available in stores and online in one to two weeks, according to XtremeMac.

« Griffin announces TuneBuds for iPod shuffle

Tekserve announces grand opening of iTopia »

Comments

mmm

Posted by Florencio Gota Alvaro on November 29, 2005 at 2:21 PM (PDT)

Perfect! I love having the two different backs ... I was going to get an Agent18 but this is my new conquest ...

Posted by Pam on November 29, 2005 at 3:16 PM (PDT)

So, Do I need some kind of case protector to keep this thing from scratching?  smile

Posted by Gus on November 29, 2005 at 3:55 PM (PDT)

Sweeeeeet! Ordering one tonight!! Finally the case that I was waiting for!!

Posted by iPodCaesar on November 29, 2005 at 4:05 PM (PDT)

Its the most beautiful thing ive ever seen.

Posted by WldBluYonder21 on November 29, 2005 at 4:10 PM (PDT)

does anyone know if you can still use Belkin’s TuneDock with this thing on it? if not, is it relatively easy to snap on/off? thanks!

Posted by lisapod on November 29, 2005 at 4:56 PM (PDT)

Looks good, but it’s so pretty you’ll want a case to protect this case!

Posted by PimpyMicPimp on November 29, 2005 at 5:11 PM (PDT)

I really like this.  Minimal visual impact, pretty decent protection from the stuff in my pockets.

Posted by stark23x on November 29, 2005 at 5:37 PM (PDT)

What about the top and bottom?  Are they left completely exposed?  Will this work with an iTrip?

Posted by CatholicULawJew on November 29, 2005 at 6:10 PM (PDT)

Considering canceling my speckproducts see-thu cases I have on order. They keep pushing back the ship date.. this looks like a nice alternative..

Posted by ImpactOrangeTJ on November 29, 2005 at 6:41 PM (PDT)

it looks like the top, bottom and sides are open.

Posted by Bruce Banner on November 29, 2005 at 6:42 PM (PDT)

I’d like to see a pic with the black clickwheel…I bet it still looks really cool though…

Posted by James on November 29, 2005 at 6:43 PM (PDT)

No the top and bottom are open. Boo hoo. That’s too bad. I would order this otherwise.

Posted by umbriell on November 29, 2005 at 6:53 PM (PDT)

I have a black iPod video 60GB and I would like to know how it looks with that MicroShield.

Posted by Zaki on November 29, 2005 at 7:20 PM (PDT)

even though the top and bottom are open, it looks like the corners would be safe from a fall. and plus, it looks like the case can have the iPod stay upright on a desk.

Posted by WldBluYonder21 on November 29, 2005 at 7:29 PM (PDT)

I have a source with the apple stores and this source told me about these cases before they came out.  I wasn’t sure about them becasue wasn’t the point of and ipod to keep them small and not bulky or heavy?  I saw the one that she had and they are coming out with different versions- even for the nano.  I personaly have a 30gb black ipod video and have gotton all of the newest stuff for it.  I have been looking for cases that would protect it from the everyday abuse that it would take and I think that this one is the best that I have seen.  The only problem is that this case is partialy open and might scratch.  I won’t say what kind of cases they are coming out with but they are just going to get better and better.

Posted by pumpkin_bug11 on November 29, 2005 at 7:55 PM (PDT)

The clear speck case looks really nice and all… but why the pack of three? and the ones that its packed with… the red and black ones… it looks like theyre totally tinted, even over the screen. I kinda like this one better even though the top and bottom are exposed. Its nice how you can pick the back, with or without the clip.

Posted by WldBluYonder21 on November 29, 2005 at 9:36 PM (PDT)

Why on earth would anyone order this unless it’s for the belt clip?? The invisible shield adds virtually the same protection without changing the iPod’s appearence or adding any weight or bulk.

Posted by JeffNNJ on November 30, 2005 at 6:17 AM (PDT)

Its not the same thing as the invisible shield. How does a clear case change the iPod appearence? Plus people also want a case the comes off easy!

Posted by miles4n4 on November 30, 2005 at 8:39 AM (PDT)

The top and the bottom aren’t completely exposed because the sides are still covered. Also this case probably comes off easier than a silicone case

Posted by Chris23 on November 30, 2005 at 12:29 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >