XtremeMac debuts slew of nano accessories
XtremeMac has announced a compete line of accessories for the iPod nano. The lineup includes a variety of cases, chargers and car accessories, as well as a new version of the company’s AirPlay FM Transmitter, dubbed AirPlay2, and MicroBlast, billed as the first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano. All of the new products are expected to be shipped between now and the first week of November. Renderings and additional details are available in Read More below.
Airplay 2 FM Transmitter
The Airplay 2 is an updated version of XtremeMac’s Airplay, designed to work with iPod nano as well as iPod and iPod mini. New features include three programmable station presets, mono mode for better reception in crowded radio markets, and a blue display with white characters. Unlike the original AirPlay, AirPlay2 connects to the iPod through the Dock Connector (rather than the headphone port) and features an additional pass-through female Dock Connector for connecting chargers and other accessories. AirPlay2 is as thin and narrow as the iPod nano, is available in black or white, and sells for $59.95.
The first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano, MicroBlast enables you to play and charge iPod nano simultaneously. It features four speakers and three watts per channel in a compact package. The clear protective cover allows you to safely leave iPod nano docked while on the go and doubles as a base for the unit when opened. MicroBlast includes a travel pouch as well as interchangeable black and white frames to match either iPod nano. It is powered by the included AC adapter or four AA batteries and is available for $119.95.
Covering the entire face of iPod nano while providing play-through coverage for the Click Wheel and a built-in screen protector, Iconz combine pop culture artwork with protection. Available in 12 designs including SpongeBob SquarePants, Darth Vader, Bart Simpson, Speed Racer, Scooby Doo, Batman and Tweety Bird as well as team logos of the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants, and Los Angeles Angels, Iconz sell for $24.95.
TuffWrap for nano
TuffWrap is a silicone case featuring curves around iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display, a clear screen protector and tread-style side grips. Tuffwraps are available in nine new colors packaged in groups of three for $24.95 or a single translucent white case for $19.95.
MicroFlex Car is a flexible car mounting system that positions iPod nano where you want it while charging it through your vehicle’s 12-volt accessory outlet. MicroFlex Car is compatible with AirPlay2 and XtremeMac’s Cassette Adapter, allowing you to play iPod through your car stereo while charging. Available in black for $49.95 or bundled with a black cassette adapter for $69.95.
An updated version of XtremeMac’s original iPod car charger, the Car Charger allows you to power and charge any Dock Connector iPod through a 12-volt accessory outlet. Available in black or white for $19.95 or bundled with matching AirPlay2 for $79.95.
SportWrap for nano
The SportWrap protects iPod nano from moisture while you bike, jog, walk
or work out by securing it to your arm or wrist with one of two adjustable Velcro straps. SportWrap features “durable construction” and play-through protection for iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display. SportWrap for iPod nano will be available in black for $29.95.
MicroSport for iPod nano is a large foam rubber grip is designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand and is secured with an adjustable hand strap. Available in black or purple for $29.95.
IceFrame is a clear, two-piece shell made of impact-resistant plastic that showcases iPod nano’s design and provides full access to its controls. Each iceFrame comes with interchangeable Click Wheel accent rings in black, white, red and blue and matching connector posts for $24.95.
MicroShield is a clear, two-piece shield that snaps onto the front and back of iPod nano providing protection from scratches and an integrated belt clip. Available for $19.95.
MicroGloves are two-tone neoprene sleeves with contrasting trim and stitching as well as a removable carabiner. MicroGlove provides clear screen protection and play-through Click Wheel protection in five color combinations, each for $19.95.
The iBling system allows you to create customized interchangeable covers for iPod nano with 750 colorful stones, non-toxic glue, an application tool and two clear snap-on shields for $39.95.
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Logitech acquires Jaybird
- Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)