XtremeMac debuts slew of nano accessories
XtremeMac has announced a compete line of accessories for the iPod nano. The lineup includes a variety of cases, chargers and car accessories, as well as a new version of the company’s AirPlay FM Transmitter, dubbed AirPlay2, and MicroBlast, billed as the first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano. All of the new products are expected to be shipped between now and the first week of November. Renderings and additional details are available in Read More below.
Airplay 2 FM Transmitter
The Airplay 2 is an updated version of XtremeMac’s Airplay, designed to work with iPod nano as well as iPod and iPod mini. New features include three programmable station presets, mono mode for better reception in crowded radio markets, and a blue display with white characters. Unlike the original AirPlay, AirPlay2 connects to the iPod through the Dock Connector (rather than the headphone port) and features an additional pass-through female Dock Connector for connecting chargers and other accessories. AirPlay2 is as thin and narrow as the iPod nano, is available in black or white, and sells for $59.95.
The first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano, MicroBlast enables you to play and charge iPod nano simultaneously. It features four speakers and three watts per channel in a compact package. The clear protective cover allows you to safely leave iPod nano docked while on the go and doubles as a base for the unit when opened. MicroBlast includes a travel pouch as well as interchangeable black and white frames to match either iPod nano. It is powered by the included AC adapter or four AA batteries and is available for $119.95.
Covering the entire face of iPod nano while providing play-through coverage for the Click Wheel and a built-in screen protector, Iconz combine pop culture artwork with protection. Available in 12 designs including SpongeBob SquarePants, Darth Vader, Bart Simpson, Speed Racer, Scooby Doo, Batman and Tweety Bird as well as team logos of the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants, and Los Angeles Angels, Iconz sell for $24.95.
TuffWrap for nano
TuffWrap is a silicone case featuring curves around iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display, a clear screen protector and tread-style side grips. Tuffwraps are available in nine new colors packaged in groups of three for $24.95 or a single translucent white case for $19.95.
MicroFlex Car is a flexible car mounting system that positions iPod nano where you want it while charging it through your vehicle’s 12-volt accessory outlet. MicroFlex Car is compatible with AirPlay2 and XtremeMac’s Cassette Adapter, allowing you to play iPod through your car stereo while charging. Available in black for $49.95 or bundled with a black cassette adapter for $69.95.
An updated version of XtremeMac’s original iPod car charger, the Car Charger allows you to power and charge any Dock Connector iPod through a 12-volt accessory outlet. Available in black or white for $19.95 or bundled with matching AirPlay2 for $79.95.
SportWrap for nano
The SportWrap protects iPod nano from moisture while you bike, jog, walk
or work out by securing it to your arm or wrist with one of two adjustable Velcro straps. SportWrap features “durable construction” and play-through protection for iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display. SportWrap for iPod nano will be available in black for $29.95.
MicroSport for iPod nano is a large foam rubber grip is designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand and is secured with an adjustable hand strap. Available in black or purple for $29.95.
IceFrame is a clear, two-piece shell made of impact-resistant plastic that showcases iPod nano’s design and provides full access to its controls. Each iceFrame comes with interchangeable Click Wheel accent rings in black, white, red and blue and matching connector posts for $24.95.
MicroShield is a clear, two-piece shield that snaps onto the front and back of iPod nano providing protection from scratches and an integrated belt clip. Available for $19.95.
MicroGloves are two-tone neoprene sleeves with contrasting trim and stitching as well as a removable carabiner. MicroGlove provides clear screen protection and play-through Click Wheel protection in five color combinations, each for $19.95.
The iBling system allows you to create customized interchangeable covers for iPod nano with 750 colorful stones, non-toxic glue, an application tool and two clear snap-on shields for $39.95.
- Apple releases PowerBeats3 Wireless earphones
- Apple Watch Nike+ Edition coming Oct. 28, AirPods still ‘late October’
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple also bringing W1 chip to new lineup of Beats headphones
- Apple’s new AirPods wireless earbuds set for October release, to cost $159
- Incipio acquires Griffin Technology
- Apple to provide more unified TV experience with new ‘TV’ app for Apple TV
- Elgato announces HomeKit-enabled Eve Light Switch
- Apple delays AirPods release
- Report: iPhone 8 likely to come in three glass-backed sizes
- Report: New Apple TV app to provide show recommendations
- Apple’s German website adds Apple Pay support page, but still no launch
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2016: $46.9B revenue, 45.5M iPhones + 9.2M iPads sold
- Apple reportedly hiring engineers from BlackBerry, developing car operating system in Canada
- Apple releases PowerBeats3 Wireless earphones
- Creative iRoar Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 Headphones
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps