XtremeMac debuts slew of nano accessories
XtremeMac has announced a compete line of accessories for the iPod nano. The lineup includes a variety of cases, chargers and car accessories, as well as a new version of the company’s AirPlay FM Transmitter, dubbed AirPlay2, and MicroBlast, billed as the first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano. All of the new products are expected to be shipped between now and the first week of November. Renderings and additional details are available in Read More below.
Airplay 2 FM Transmitter
The Airplay 2 is an updated version of XtremeMac’s Airplay, designed to work with iPod nano as well as iPod and iPod mini. New features include three programmable station presets, mono mode for better reception in crowded radio markets, and a blue display with white characters. Unlike the original AirPlay, AirPlay2 connects to the iPod through the Dock Connector (rather than the headphone port) and features an additional pass-through female Dock Connector for connecting chargers and other accessories. AirPlay2 is as thin and narrow as the iPod nano, is available in black or white, and sells for $59.95.
The first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano, MicroBlast enables you to play and charge iPod nano simultaneously. It features four speakers and three watts per channel in a compact package. The clear protective cover allows you to safely leave iPod nano docked while on the go and doubles as a base for the unit when opened. MicroBlast includes a travel pouch as well as interchangeable black and white frames to match either iPod nano. It is powered by the included AC adapter or four AA batteries and is available for $119.95.
Covering the entire face of iPod nano while providing play-through coverage for the Click Wheel and a built-in screen protector, Iconz combine pop culture artwork with protection. Available in 12 designs including SpongeBob SquarePants, Darth Vader, Bart Simpson, Speed Racer, Scooby Doo, Batman and Tweety Bird as well as team logos of the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants, and Los Angeles Angels, Iconz sell for $24.95.
TuffWrap for nano
TuffWrap is a silicone case featuring curves around iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display, a clear screen protector and tread-style side grips. Tuffwraps are available in nine new colors packaged in groups of three for $24.95 or a single translucent white case for $19.95.
MicroFlex Car is a flexible car mounting system that positions iPod nano where you want it while charging it through your vehicle’s 12-volt accessory outlet. MicroFlex Car is compatible with AirPlay2 and XtremeMac’s Cassette Adapter, allowing you to play iPod through your car stereo while charging. Available in black for $49.95 or bundled with a black cassette adapter for $69.95.
An updated version of XtremeMac’s original iPod car charger, the Car Charger allows you to power and charge any Dock Connector iPod through a 12-volt accessory outlet. Available in black or white for $19.95 or bundled with matching AirPlay2 for $79.95.
SportWrap for nano
The SportWrap protects iPod nano from moisture while you bike, jog, walk
or work out by securing it to your arm or wrist with one of two adjustable Velcro straps. SportWrap features “durable construction” and play-through protection for iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display. SportWrap for iPod nano will be available in black for $29.95.
MicroSport for iPod nano is a large foam rubber grip is designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand and is secured with an adjustable hand strap. Available in black or purple for $29.95.
IceFrame is a clear, two-piece shell made of impact-resistant plastic that showcases iPod nano’s design and provides full access to its controls. Each iceFrame comes with interchangeable Click Wheel accent rings in black, white, red and blue and matching connector posts for $24.95.
MicroShield is a clear, two-piece shield that snaps onto the front and back of iPod nano providing protection from scratches and an integrated belt clip. Available for $19.95.
MicroGloves are two-tone neoprene sleeves with contrasting trim and stitching as well as a removable carabiner. MicroGlove provides clear screen protection and play-through Click Wheel protection in five color combinations, each for $19.95.
The iBling system allows you to create customized interchangeable covers for iPod nano with 750 colorful stones, non-toxic glue, an application tool and two clear snap-on shields for $39.95.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?