XtremeMac debuts slew of nano accessories
XtremeMac has announced a compete line of accessories for the iPod nano. The lineup includes a variety of cases, chargers and car accessories, as well as a new version of the company’s AirPlay FM Transmitter, dubbed AirPlay2, and MicroBlast, billed as the first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano. All of the new products are expected to be shipped between now and the first week of November. Renderings and additional details are available in Read More below.
Airplay 2 FM Transmitter
The Airplay 2 is an updated version of XtremeMac’s Airplay, designed to work with iPod nano as well as iPod and iPod mini. New features include three programmable station presets, mono mode for better reception in crowded radio markets, and a blue display with white characters. Unlike the original AirPlay, AirPlay2 connects to the iPod through the Dock Connector (rather than the headphone port) and features an additional pass-through female Dock Connector for connecting chargers and other accessories. AirPlay2 is as thin and narrow as the iPod nano, is available in black or white, and sells for $59.95.
The first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano, MicroBlast enables you to play and charge iPod nano simultaneously. It features four speakers and three watts per channel in a compact package. The clear protective cover allows you to safely leave iPod nano docked while on the go and doubles as a base for the unit when opened. MicroBlast includes a travel pouch as well as interchangeable black and white frames to match either iPod nano. It is powered by the included AC adapter or four AA batteries and is available for $119.95.
Covering the entire face of iPod nano while providing play-through coverage for the Click Wheel and a built-in screen protector, Iconz combine pop culture artwork with protection. Available in 12 designs including SpongeBob SquarePants, Darth Vader, Bart Simpson, Speed Racer, Scooby Doo, Batman and Tweety Bird as well as team logos of the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants, and Los Angeles Angels, Iconz sell for $24.95.
TuffWrap for nano
TuffWrap is a silicone case featuring curves around iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display, a clear screen protector and tread-style side grips. Tuffwraps are available in nine new colors packaged in groups of three for $24.95 or a single translucent white case for $19.95.
MicroFlex Car is a flexible car mounting system that positions iPod nano where you want it while charging it through your vehicle’s 12-volt accessory outlet. MicroFlex Car is compatible with AirPlay2 and XtremeMac’s Cassette Adapter, allowing you to play iPod through your car stereo while charging. Available in black for $49.95 or bundled with a black cassette adapter for $69.95.
An updated version of XtremeMac’s original iPod car charger, the Car Charger allows you to power and charge any Dock Connector iPod through a 12-volt accessory outlet. Available in black or white for $19.95 or bundled with matching AirPlay2 for $79.95.
SportWrap for nano
The SportWrap protects iPod nano from moisture while you bike, jog, walk
or work out by securing it to your arm or wrist with one of two adjustable Velcro straps. SportWrap features “durable construction” and play-through protection for iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display. SportWrap for iPod nano will be available in black for $29.95.
MicroSport for iPod nano is a large foam rubber grip is designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand and is secured with an adjustable hand strap. Available in black or purple for $29.95.
IceFrame is a clear, two-piece shell made of impact-resistant plastic that showcases iPod nano’s design and provides full access to its controls. Each iceFrame comes with interchangeable Click Wheel accent rings in black, white, red and blue and matching connector posts for $24.95.
MicroShield is a clear, two-piece shield that snaps onto the front and back of iPod nano providing protection from scratches and an integrated belt clip. Available for $19.95.
MicroGloves are two-tone neoprene sleeves with contrasting trim and stitching as well as a removable carabiner. MicroGlove provides clear screen protection and play-through Click Wheel protection in five color combinations, each for $19.95.
The iBling system allows you to create customized interchangeable covers for iPod nano with 750 colorful stones, non-toxic glue, an application tool and two clear snap-on shields for $39.95.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?