XtremeMac debuts slew of nano accessories | iLounge News

XtremeMac debuts slew of nano accessories

imageXtremeMac has announced a compete line of accessories for the iPod nano. The lineup includes a variety of cases, chargers and car accessories, as well as a new version of the company’s AirPlay FM Transmitter, dubbed AirPlay2, and MicroBlast, billed as the first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano. All of the new products are expected to be shipped between now and the first week of November. Renderings and additional details are available in Read More below.

image

Airplay 2 FM Transmitter
The Airplay 2 is an updated version of XtremeMac’s Airplay, designed to work with iPod nano as well as iPod and iPod mini. New features include three programmable station presets, mono mode for better reception in crowded radio markets, and a blue display with white characters. Unlike the original AirPlay, AirPlay2 connects to the iPod through the Dock Connector (rather than the headphone port) and features an additional pass-through female Dock Connector for connecting chargers and other accessories. AirPlay2 is as thin and narrow as the iPod nano, is available in black or white, and sells for $59.95.

imageMicroBlast Speakers
The first portable speakers designed specifically for iPod nano, MicroBlast enables you to play and charge iPod nano simultaneously. It features four speakers and three watts per channel in a compact package. The clear protective cover allows you to safely leave iPod nano docked while on the go and doubles as a base for the unit when opened. MicroBlast includes a travel pouch as well as interchangeable black and white frames to match either iPod nano. It is powered by the included AC adapter or four AA batteries and is available for $119.95.

imageIconz Cases
Covering the entire face of iPod nano while providing play-through coverage for the Click Wheel and a built-in screen protector, Iconz combine pop culture artwork with protection. Available in 12 designs including SpongeBob SquarePants, Darth Vader, Bart Simpson, Speed Racer, Scooby Doo, Batman and Tweety Bird as well as team logos of the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants, and Los Angeles Angels, Iconz sell for $24.95.

imageTuffWrap for nano
TuffWrap is a silicone case featuring curves around iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display, a clear screen protector and tread-style side grips. Tuffwraps are available in nine new colors packaged in groups of three for $24.95 or a single translucent white case for $19.95.

imageMicroFlex Car
MicroFlex Car is a flexible car mounting system that positions iPod nano where you want it while charging it through your vehicle’s 12-volt accessory outlet. MicroFlex Car is compatible with AirPlay2 and XtremeMac’s Cassette Adapter, allowing you to play iPod through your car stereo while charging. Available in black for $49.95 or bundled with a black cassette adapter for $69.95.

Car Charger
An updated version of XtremeMac’s original iPod car charger, the Car Charger allows you to power and charge any Dock Connector iPod through a 12-volt accessory outlet. Available in black or white for $19.95 or bundled with matching AirPlay2 for $79.95.

imageSportWrap for nano
The SportWrap protects iPod nano from moisture while you bike, jog, walk
or work out by securing it to your arm or wrist with one of two adjustable Velcro straps. SportWrap features “durable construction” and play-through protection for iPod nano’s Click Wheel and display. SportWrap for iPod nano will be available in black for $29.95.

MicroSport
MicroSport for iPod nano is a large foam rubber grip is designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand and is secured with an adjustable hand strap. Available in black or purple for $29.95.

imageiceFrame
IceFrame is a clear, two-piece shell made of impact-resistant plastic that showcases iPod nano’s design and provides full access to its controls. Each iceFrame comes with interchangeable Click Wheel accent rings in black, white, red and blue and matching connector posts for $24.95.

MicroShield
MicroShield is a clear, two-piece shield that snaps onto the front and back of iPod nano providing protection from scratches and an integrated belt clip. Available for $19.95.

MicroGlove
MicroGloves are two-tone neoprene sleeves with contrasting trim and stitching as well as a removable carabiner. MicroGlove provides clear screen protection and play-through Click Wheel protection in five color combinations, each for $19.95.

iBling
The iBling system allows you to create customized interchangeable covers for iPod nano with 750 colorful stones, non-toxic glue, an application tool and two clear snap-on shields for $39.95.

« Pixelgirlshop offers updated iPod lineup including nano cases

Tunewear intros Tunefilm, Prie Tunetag I.D. for nano »

Comments

Regarding the Micro Flex dock—do you think it will have audio output from the bottom headphone jack of the Nano?  I hope so because by going directly from the other port on the bottom, the Nano loses its volume adjustment functionality and causes the music to be distorted in my car.

????

Posted by Brendan G. Lim on October 7, 2005 at 2:22 PM (CDT)

It has a 3.5mm audio output jack ... Pam :)

Posted by Pam (mdscriber3) on October 7, 2005 at 3:08 PM (CDT)

All I can say is that the original AirPlay sounded like dog poo, so I’m not expecting AirPlay2 to sound any better.

And to pay $119.95 for a whopping 3Watts per channel, you’d have to be crazy.  Any $10 computer speaker could blow that MicroBlast away.  For $119.95, I’d get me some surround sound computer speakers with a major subwoofer for some real blast!

Posted by cellphonejunkie on October 7, 2005 at 3:14 PM (CDT)

Brendan,
are you saying that if Nano is plugged into the dock, the music gets distorted? How does this happen in your car (unless you have some iPod car interface kit)?

My current set up is Nano (from the headphone jack) is hooked into Auxiliary Input of my car stereo. At the maximum volume, I hear high-pitched whines so I keep it slightly below maximum. I was assuming that if it’s connected through the dock, it will sound better because it’s digital connection?? Guess this is not true?

I am interested in the MicroFlex dock too. Been waiting for some sort of charger/mount since I got my nano.

And it does not state whether it’s getting the audio from the dock or the headphone jack. It has a 3.5mm audio output jack but that does not help in figuring out how it’s getting its audio from.

Posted by Brian The Nuts on October 7, 2005 at 7:02 PM (CDT)

Another thing,
at least from the picture (of MicroFlex Dock), the lighter socket portion of it looks very long. I am afraid it will stick out too much.. Won’t know for sure until I see in person, though.

Posted by Brian The Nut(s) on October 7, 2005 at 7:04 PM (CDT)

I think most likely thing is the Nano is connected to MicroFlex through the dock connector and this is being used both to charge the Nano and to split the audio signal to the 3.5mm audio output jack. If being connected to the dock disables volume control, hopefully it doesn’t output any constant hissing….

Posted by Brian The Nut(s) on October 7, 2005 at 7:07 PM (CDT)

I like the idea of the Microblast - a portable speaker solution designed just for nano - and for both colors. I’ll be watching for the upcoming reviews with interest.

Posted by BananaPod on October 7, 2005 at 8:26 PM (CDT)

$60 for an FM transmitter? Hell no!

Posted by Michael on October 8, 2005 at 1:59 AM (CDT)

Brian The Nut(s) :)

In my car I’ve got my Nano hooked up through the headphone port on the bottom to a Sony tape adapter.  With this I have to keep volume on my Nano at about 70%.  Anything higher and the sound is distorted.

With my old Mini it was the same situation—ALso if I hoook it up through my dock connecter it is as if I have it hooked up through my headphone jack but with 100% volume—except I can’t change it back down to 70%.

If the headphone port on the bottom of the Nano is still accessible then I would buy this ASAP.

Posted by Brerndan on October 8, 2005 at 3:09 AM (CDT)

The beautiful thing about the microblast is that it is the size of a small paperback book. I have not heard how it sounds yet, but it is very portable size.

As for the lighter socket portion of the microdock, just remember the size of the nano, everything seem bigger in the pictures.

Posted by Baz on October 8, 2005 at 12:18 PM (CDT)

I have the syncstation USB/Line out connector.  When hoocked up to my Nano, I can plug it directly to my Alpine Aux in or my Titans Aux in.  The sound is perfect with the line out - You just use the systems volumne, and it is at the same level as the other sources.

Is extreme mac good on charges?

I have heard of Belkin’s frying Ipod’s

Posted by Emmett on October 9, 2005 at 9:56 PM (CDT)