XtremeMac debuts TuffWrap case for 5G iPod | iLounge News

XtremeMac debuts TuffWrap case for 5G iPod

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, December 9, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageXtremeMac today announced its new TuffWrap silicone cases for the fifth-generation iPod. Available in two sizes to fit the 30GB and 60GB iPod, the TuffWrap cases offer ribbed sides and slip-resistant finish, access to all controls and ports, and screen and click wheel protectors. The TuffWrap is available in translucent white for $20 or in color-coordinated 3-Packs for $35. The 3-Pack is available in either red, white and black, or gray, orange and green. The cases are available now from XtremeMac’s website and will be shipping in one to two weeks.

« SendStation giving away 1,000 PocketDock iPod adapters

Mix: Wireless iPods, 5G demand, AutoPod, iBoxer »

Comments

Posted by Kyle on December 9, 2005 at 5:01 PM (PDT)

“Those cases are great. I just wish they had the TuffWrap Accent version for the 5G iPod…”

Similar to my thoughts. I’d figure the “accent” version would have been higher priority than these fairly plain looking solids.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on December 9, 2005 at 6:16 PM (PDT)

I just wish they stop selling them in 3 packs… I just want the black one…

Posted by Danny on December 9, 2005 at 8:17 PM (PDT)

I wish they’d package the gray one with the black and white ones.  Group red with the other loud colors.

Posted by Grayscale on December 9, 2005 at 8:42 PM (PDT)

It’d be nice if these company’s would include true Transparent casing as a standard, just as they do for black and white.

Though, from the pics on their site, it looks like it exposes the whole bottom of the iPod. :-(

Posted by jC! on December 9, 2005 at 9:48 PM (PDT)

If they would just remake their great leather case for the 5G then I’d buy that one. I own this case for my 3G and it’s the best. Very easy to remove from the case, has the best best rotating belt clip and protects everything.

Skip all the rest and get the leather case.

Posted by Everyman on December 10, 2005 at 7:12 AM (PDT)

Does anyone know if this case will work with the DLO Transpod (new version, not the Transpod Direct)?  I am thinking about the TuffWrap or the eVo3 iSkin case -I will choose which ever works with my Transpod!
Peace~

Posted by Jason Girard on December 10, 2005 at 10:15 AM (PDT)

I was just wondering, does this case have something to protect the screen as well?

Posted by Travis on December 10, 2005 at 1:27 PM (PDT)

Peace~

Posted by Jason Girard on December 10, 2005 at 2:59 PM (PDT)

They are okay looking, but somehow not as cool as thier nano counterparts.  I would love to see the accent series for this.

Posted by Amanda on December 10, 2005 at 3:27 PM (PDT)

I emailed the company and they responded very quickly saying they are in the process of making new products but could not say what products exactly. So that probably means the accent cases for the 5g’s. Hopefully anyway.

Posted by Anthony on December 13, 2005 at 2:44 PM (PDT)