XtremeMac expands Iconz line with MLB, character cases | iLounge News

XtremeMac expands Iconz line with MLB, character cases

imageXtremeMac has announced the availability of new Iconz cases for 5G iPods featuring Major League Baseball teams and pop culture characters. The rubber cases have a play-through design, clear screen protector, and are currently available in 10 designs featuring MLB teams such as the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox, and Chicago Cubs as well as pop icons such as Superman, Speed Racer, Homer Simpson, Tweety Bird, Darth Vader, and Batman. They sell for $30 each.

« RhinoSkin debuts hard case for 5G iPod, nano

Mix: Disney shows, Google video, Universal Music, Heart beats »

Comments

I’m awaiting the arrival of my new 5G, and of an invisible shield. I like the look of these covers, too. Does anyone have any insight as to whether it would fit over a 5G with an IS applied? Or are the tolerances too tight for that?

Posted by lkalliance on January 19, 2006 at 8:25 AM (PDT)

What, no Washington Nationals case? :-(

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on January 19, 2006 at 4:29 PM (PDT)

Theirs no washington nationals case because their so new to baseball.

Posted by ipoder555 on January 19, 2006 at 6:08 PM (PDT)

That’s a lame excuse since the Nats have been around for over year & this product is new.

Posted by I Luv My Pod on January 22, 2006 at 10:17 PM (PDT)

Big Yankees fan here, and that case really looks nice, but I’m kinda suffering from the “case within a case” syndrome. I want it, but I wouldn’t want it getting dirty so I’d want to get a case for my Yankee case. Hmmm…maybe I can ivisishield it….then again, probably not.

Posted by Tenchi211 in California on January 23, 2006 at 12:55 PM (PDT)

These cases are awesome, I wish they’d come out with some N.H.L. cases. If that were to happen I’d probably buy every one, lol.

Posted by Han$en on January 23, 2006 at 4:20 PM (PDT)

Good luck getting your order from these guys. Good luck getting through to the customer service to find our where your order is.

I placed an order for a 5G case and waited a month. I couldn’t get through on the phones and didn’t get a response to my emails. Finally I talked to a human and canceled the order.

Posted by FredtheWhale on January 24, 2006 at 5:31 PM (PDT)

I thought that these guys were great with customer service.  I ordered an microshield from them two weeks ago and received in the second day after placing the order.

I think the Superman case likes awesome.  I’m just concerned about a rubber case versus the bigtime protection my microshield offers.

Has anyone ordered one of these yet?

Posted by Nickk on January 29, 2006 at 12:54 PM (PDT)