XtremeMac intros TuffWrap Accent cases for iPod nano | iLounge News

XtremeMac intros TuffWrap Accent cases for iPod nano

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, December 7, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageXtremeMac today introduced the TuffWrap Accent, a new multi-color version of its silicone case for the iPod nano. The TuffWrap Accent is available in six color combinations—black/red, black/yellow, blue/white, white/blue, gray/orange and green/orange. The $20 case features ribbed sides, a “scuff- and slip-resistant” finish, access to all controls and ports, and screen and click wheel protectors.

“Unlike other cases that use uncontrolled color mixing or multiple layers to achieve a multi-color look, TuffWrap Accent is manufactured with two colors in distinct, contoured areas of the case,” says XtremeMac. “With this unique design, TuffWrap Accent offers both the style and protection that iPod nano owners look for.”

« Bravo shows, SNL sketches coming to iTunes

New iSkin Duo colors for iPod nano announced »

Comments

Those are hot!  I wish they made them for 5g’s.  Although the bottom is completely exposed, but overall, I think it looks great.

Posted by Amanda on December 7, 2005 at 4:24 PM (PDT)

wow! This is the first time I really like a case. The price is also the maximum I’d spend for a case. I just wish they had those for the 5G iPod (at the same price of course)...

Posted by tom on December 7, 2005 at 9:26 PM (PDT)

Does they really include both a protector for the screen (hard plastic) and a protector for the clickwheel? The regular one’s didn’t include the latter one.

Is the silicone very durable? Is the clickwheel protector good? Is there a chance that the ipod slides out (on the bottom) of the case?

(I know… lot’s of questions… but I like this case very much because it has style… but quality isn’t visible on photo’s wink)

Thanks a lot!

Posted by Lesly on December 8, 2005 at 5:55 AM (PDT)

bought mine…hopefully it will arrive in the next year.  Xtrememac sucks at shipping things

Posted by Michael Shaf on December 8, 2005 at 2:44 PM (PDT)

These TuffWrap Accents are nice, but not a real good value at 19.95 each compared to getting a THREE PACK of solid colored TuffWraps for 24.95. I think they should also offer the Accents in three packs as well.

Posted by Tenchi211 in California on December 11, 2005 at 12:57 PM (PDT)

I just got my blue and white one today.  VERY nice looking, feels great screen and click wheel protection (although not integrate are great).  I’d like to know why the click wheel protector is a piece of square plastic? But it works I guess.  And it gets really dusty really fast….Still I think its great and worth the money

Posted by Idunno on January 10, 2006 at 10:17 PM (PDT)