XtremeMac iPod shuffle gear revealed | iLounge News

XtremeMac iPod shuffle gear revealed

pic Following our report last week on XtremeMac’s extensive new collection of iPod shuffle accessories, the company has now added the products to its online store, showing for the first time what the products will look like. The new accessories are now available for pre-order and are expected to ship next month. They include: AirPlay FM Transmitter for iPod shuffle ($49.95); Car Charger for iPod shuffle ($24.95); Bumperz for iPod shuffle ($19.95/5-pack); SportWrap for iPod shuffle ($29.95); Shieldz for iPod shuffle ($19.95/3-pack); Wrapz for iPod shuffle ($24.95/3-pack); TuffWrapz for iPod shuffle ($24.95/3-pack); SuperHook for iPod shuffle ($19.95); SuperClip for iPod shuffle ($14.95); Audio Splitter for iPod shuffle ($12.95); and Audio Kit for iPod shuffle ($49.95).

« Windows: iPod Access 2.2 released

WaterField intros Gear Pouch for iPod mini »

Comments

too expensive

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 12:26 PM (CST)

First person to say “why pay $12.95 for an audio splitter” has to buy me an iPod shuffle. :o)

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 12:39 PM (CST)

why pay $12.95 for an audio splitter?

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 1:09 PM (CST)

superhook? wow, carabiners are super now! This is probably the best product of the bunch, but 20 dollars for a 4 dollar carabiner. Ouch!

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 1:31 PM (CST)

The FM transmitter is neat but way too expensive.

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 1:40 PM (CST)

I think that the car charger looks like a good accessory. I don’t know though, it is kind of expensive. I’ll wait until closer to my trip to buy that, by then, maybe there will be a competitor.

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 2:16 PM (CST)

dosnt griffin make a charger w/ a usb port in it so why not just conect it like a thumbdrive no need for extra cables

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 2:49 PM (CST)

ok, i’ve never complained about over-priced ipod accessories before because i can see that there’s obviously money to be made there, but 12.95 for an 1/8” to 1/8” jack aux extension cable!? gimme a freakin break.

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 2:50 PM (CST)

^^^^^

here is one that you can charger your shuffle and otheripods on little bit more$$$ but look worth it

gearguide_specs.php?id=C0_88_5

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 3:08 PM (CST)

What’s with the four kinds of iPod shuffle shields when two of them don’t offer much protection and the other two being only slight variations on the same thing? Gah, all too expensive anyways.

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 3:28 PM (CST)

Eh, all too expensive for me, but the AirPlay is cool…  Looks like it didn’t take them long at all to figure out how to pull audio from the USB.

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 4:34 PM (CST)

I hate 3 packs. Sell me the one I want for $8 and be done with it. I need two,one for me and one for my girlfriend and the color I want is not in the same pack as the one she wants. So,it looks like we will have to wait another 2 years for Lajo to get his product out. :o(

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 4:52 PM (CST)

Now, looking at that FM transmitter - what we have here is a gadget that connects to the port at the base of the shuffle, draws a line-out signal, and supplies a charging current.

Presumably, therefore, someone could actually make an adapter - with a shuffle socket at the top, and dock connector plug at the bottom, so that the shuffle can be plugged into the IMmini, or the TEN FlexDock, for example.

I think if someone were to make such an adapter, they would make an absolute killing.

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 5:18 PM (CST)

As far as the skins, I’d wait to see who else comes out with them (Lajo, Speck etc), and watch the prices drop.

Posted by LC Angell on February 28, 2005 at 9:55 PM (CST)

why in the hell would they only make one black case then sell it in a group with pink and purple cases!? c’mon now!

Posted by LC Angell on March 1, 2005 at 7:07 AM (CST)

What I’m looking for is a lanyard with buiilt in earbuds, or even better, a way to imbed my earbuds.

Posted by LC Angell on March 1, 2005 at 8:53 AM (CST)

Shieldz or Bumperz would be okay for me.  Ship it here in the Philippines! Many happy iPod Shuffle owners would love to have those.  With all those color options, it’s a no-brainer.
XtremeMac… XtremeMac… XtremeMac…

Posted by LC Angell on March 8, 2005 at 9:19 PM (CST)

Why did they pull the skin that covers the wheel? They had 3 skins and now they only have 2.

Posted by LC Angell on March 10, 2005 at 12:06 PM (CST)