XtremeMac offers TuffWrap Accent cases for 5G iPod | iLounge News

XtremeMac offers TuffWrap Accent cases for 5G iPod

imageXtremeMac has announced its TuffWrap Accent cases for the fifth-generation iPod. The multi-color silicone cases feature ribbed sides, screen protector and play-through click wheel protector, and are available in three color combinations—black/red, black/yellow and blue/white. The cases will begin shipping in mid-February for $30.

“Unlike other cases that use uncontrolled color mixing or multiple layers to achieve a multi-color look, TuffWrap Accent is manufactured with two colors in distinct, contoured areas of the case,” explains XtremeMac. “With this unique design, TuffWrap Accent offers both the style and protection that iPod owners look for.”

« Advertisers target video iPod users

Amazon readying full-length digital movie service »

Comments

I love this case!  Also love that it has screen and click wheel protection.

Posted by boilerjay on January 30, 2006 at 2:53 PM (PDT)

Finally! This is what I have been waiting for since they showed the accent cases for the nano’s.

Posted by Anthony on January 30, 2006 at 4:05 PM (PDT)

Now if XtremeMac would just ship the cases.  I ordered the plain color version of this case back in early December.  They’re still not shipping.

Posted by impatient on January 30, 2006 at 4:24 PM (PDT)

I have the blue/white one for the Nano and its a really nice looking case; the best ive ever seen.  The screen protector is great it lays flat and you cant even tell its on.  However the lack of a belt clip sucks and the silicon attracts lint and dust….

Posted by vcurams87 on January 30, 2006 at 6:09 PM (PDT)

Great! Now my 5g can look like an Incredible.

Posted by Jason on January 30, 2006 at 7:53 PM (PDT)

i’ve got one for a nano, and it scratched my nano -.-”, or rather leave a mark that doesnt come off

any ideas on removing the scratches?

Posted by Mugi on January 30, 2006 at 9:40 PM (PDT)

$30 bucks…I’d rather get the one colored version for $10 less…

Posted by none on January 30, 2006 at 10:45 PM (PDT)

What again? Yet ANOTHER design that just lays a piece of cheap clear hard plastic over the top of the screen? Is this how it works?

Given my highly NEGATIVE experience with my BlackBerry 7100t with Speck’s similar and quite stupidly designed case for THAT product…what are the words that I’m searching for? Oh yeah…

NO WAY.

Hard plastics scratch just as effectively as if I’d keyed the screen intentionally, or dumbly stuck the device totally unprotected in a pocket full of change. Because of their flexible nature, these ‘skins’ MOVE AROUND when they’re in use.

Well guess what else moves with it? That’s rriiiggghhhttt...the so-called “screen protector”, rubbing quite effectively against the LCD, leaving marks and scuffs and all the rest especially if the “protector’s” own surface against the LCD isn’t perfectly shaped and matched to the shape of the device’s LCD (my 7100t’s is slightly convex). Worse yet, they don’t leave just a single hairline mark or two; rather they leave a pronounced scuff, that spans across some serious LCD real estate. And if you happen to get something IN BETWEEN “protector” and LCD—amazing what crud your device will find in a common pants or jacket pocket—it’s Scratch City, BABY! (sorry, Dickie V.)

Wasn’t that the point of using the frickin’ thing in the first (middle and last) place? Seems instead more like a class action for false claims and plain BAD DESIGN just WAITING to happen.

If only the BlackBerry’s so-called ‘intelligent’ SureType wasn’t such a ‘dumb’ pain to deal with, and NTP wasn’t so close to shutting RIM’s U.S. operations down altogether…I’d c’ya in court, RICH-e Speck! There’s simply nothing as IRRITATING as reading and composing emails through a scuffed up screen.

Glad THAT’S off my chest…I feel SO much better (not).

Posted by flatline response on January 31, 2006 at 3:12 AM (PDT)

I have a cheap plastic screen protector over mine and I take it off every month to clean it and there are no scratches. Try not putting it in your pants when you do the wash. smile

Posted by Anthony on January 31, 2006 at 6:10 AM (PDT)

Try not putting it in your pants when you do the wash

Well after we put your sense of humor through the rinse cycle, there’s no water left to do my BlackBerry! wink

Posted by flatline response on January 31, 2006 at 2:11 PM (PDT)