XtremeMac releases Premium iPod Car Charger | iLounge News

XtremeMac releases Premium iPod Car Charger

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, September 30, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

pic XtremeMac has released the new Premium iPod Car Charger for 3G iPods which uses Apple’s proprietary dock connector. The charger features a single LED to indicate a power connection, removable fuse for current protection, diode protection for backflow current, impact resistant shell, integrated cable strain relief on both ends and a limited lifetime warranty. It’s available now for $19.95 or bundled in the Get Connected Kit for $49.95.

« iTMS for Windows: Will Apple be successful?

Times Online UK: Apple’s man in black takes on the music pirates »

Comments

It’s about time!  $20 bucks I’ll pay, but the $40 belkin is a bit much… (Although the line out is nice).

Posted by azdude_15gb on September 30, 2003 at 9:07 AM (PDT)

I like the price, but this is simply hideous. My Belkin AutoKit is a beauty!

Posted by Bademeister on September 30, 2003 at 9:07 AM (PDT)

Simply hideous? Belkin autokit is a beauty? Are you serious? Is there anyone out there that actually cares what the battery charger looks like? You’ve got to be kidding me. The ultimate in geekdom

Posted by Margk on September 30, 2003 at 11:24 AM (PDT)

True. I care, because it’s sitting in my car, looking at me every day. It’s white and ugly- the Belkin is white and great looking. As simple as that. the difference between a Chevy and a Porsche.

Posted by Bademeister on September 30, 2003 at 11:40 AM (PDT)

Again, an Ipod accessory where the shipping is ridiculous. $7.23 is the minimum. That’s too much, simply put. Total cost $27? Give me a break. I love my Ipod and was willing to pay an outrageous amount for it (went with the heart over the head). But I have to draw the line somewhere

Posted by Margk on October 1, 2003 at 4:26 AM (PDT)

That’s why those of us lucky to live near an Apple Store will just wait and buy one in town wink

Posted by azdude_15gb on October 1, 2003 at 7:38 AM (PDT)

The product is only 4 months late..Emails to them said coming soon..Its available at the apple store for same price plus $ 4 shipping. The belkin is so overpriced..This is reasonable..Anyone get one yet..?

Posted by wozman on October 1, 2003 at 7:43 AM (PDT)

No audio out? Forget it—the Belkin is the one to have.

Posted by dmc on October 2, 2003 at 4:56 AM (PDT)