XtremeMac returns with speakers, cases, and chargers for iPhone, iPod
In its first major announcements since being acquired by Imation, XtremeMac has confirmed November shipping dates and iPod and iPhone compatibility for its Luna X2, Luna Voyager, and Tango X2 speaker systems, and has also introduced a number of new chargers for the iPhone and iPod, along with a bevy of cases for the iPhone 3G and new family of iPods. First mentioned in our coverage of Macworld Expo this January, the Luna Voyager is a travel-sized alarm clock and personal audio system featuring a built-in dock, an adjustable brightness display, automatic time setting, and the option to wake to the docked iPhone or iPod, or to a buzzer. It will sell for $90 when it goes on sale in November.
XtremeMac’s new InCharge Duo is a rapid charging dock and syncing cradle for iPod and iPhone, featuring a dual docking well with the ability to charge two iPods or iPhones simultaneously, charging status indicators to let the user know when the devices are fully charged, and an included USB cable for syncing. It will be available in November for $50. The TravelDock is a portable folding dock that offers the ability to charge the iPhone using an included mini USB to USB cable, and also folds out to serve as a stand for watching video. It will be available in October and will sell for $30. The new InCharge FM transmitter and car charger for iPod and iPhone employs PureFM technology from Quintic and XtremeMac’s proprietary audio enhancements to deliver a consistently clean signal to any car stereo. Other features include SmartTune auto channel selection, RDS technology to display song information on compatible radios, and charging capability. It will be available in October for $80. Also available in October will be the new Firewire to USB Adapter that allows for the use of older, Firewire charging accessories with new, USB charging-only iPods and iPhones. It will sell for $50.
The Micropack case for iPhone 3G will provide the equivalent of a fully charged iPhone battery of external power in a slim, form-fitting case that will include a USB to mini USB cable for charging and will be available in October for $100. Other cases for the iPhone 3G include the Microclip holster featuring a padded interior, included Tuffshield protector, and 360-degree rotating belt clip for $25, the Microshield thin clear plastic shell case featuring open access to all ports and controls and two included screen protectors for $20, the Sportwrap neoprene armband featuring a built-in screen protector, integrated cord management tab, and adjustable strap for $30, the Tuffwrap silicone case featuring textured side for added grip, open access to all ports and controls, and an included video stand and screen protector for $25, the Verona Holster horizontal leather case featuring an integrated belt clip, microsuede interior lining, and full access to the headphone jack and buttons for $35, and the Verona Sleeve reinforced leather case featuring an open-faced design, access to all ports and controls, built-in rubber volume buttons, microsuede interior lining, and an included screen protector for $30. XtremeMac will also be offering versions of its Tuffshield, Microshield, Tuffwrap, Microclip, Verona Sleeve, and Sportwrap cases for the second-generation iPod touch and fourth-generation iPod nano; all of these new case are expected to go on sale later this month.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?