XtremeMac to unveil extensive list of iPod shuffle accessories | iLounge News

XtremeMac to unveil extensive list of iPod shuffle accessories

XtremeMac tomorrow will announce 13 new iPod shuffle accessory lines—a total of 24 new products. All of the XtremeMac iPod shuffle accessories are now available for pre-order and are expected to ship next month.

The accessories include (photos not yet available):

AirPlay FM Transmitter for iPod shuffle ($49.95) is the first FM Transmitter for the device, and allows users to play audio wirelessly from their shuffle through any FM radio.

Car Charger for iPod shuffle ($24.95) provides users the ability to charge their shuffle while in their car.

Bumperz for iPod shuffle ($19.95/5-pack) provide protection with a silicone band of stylish color for the device with 15 vibrant colors.

SportWrap for iPod shuffle ($29.95) is a moisture resistant, sports armband for active shuffle users in four sporty colors.

Shieldz for iPod shuffle ($19.95/3-pack) provide protection with a splash of stylish color in nine new shades of transparent plastic.

Wrapz for iPod shuffle ($24.95/3-pack) are thin silicone sleeves that provide form-fitted protection from minor scratches and dents with nine new colors.

TuffWrapz for iPod shuffle ($24.95/3-pack) are thickened silicone sleeves that provide protection against scratches and bumps with nine new colors.

SuperHook for iPod shuffle ($19.95) features an aluminum carabiner and lets you hook your shuffle to “almost anything including backpack straps, belt loops, keychains, purse straps and more.”

SuperClip for iPod shuffle ($14.95) is a white plastic clip that lets you attach the device to almost any strap or belt.

Audio Splitter for iPod shuffle ($12.95) allows two people to share music from one shuffle simultaneously.

Audio Kit for iPod shuffle ($49.95) connects your iPod shuffle to your car stereo, home stereo system, cassette deck, computer speakers and more.

« Apple expected to sell 1.2 million iPod shuffles this quarter

Apple changes iPod photo packaging, de-emphasizes “photo” »

Comments

Wow. That’s quite a haul.

Posted by Joshdude in Long Beach, CA on February 24, 2005 at 3:49 PM (PDT)

These guys mean buisiness.

Posted by purplestallion in Dallas, Texas on February 24, 2005 at 4:03 PM (PDT)

Well if it is anything like the Airplay.

It should be interesting….........

Posted by ALDI on February 24, 2005 at 4:25 PM (PDT)

Is it just me, or do these accessories seem expensive?  I mean to listen to the shuffle in your car with the Airplay would take one third to one half the cost of the player in the first place.  You could match the price of a 512 mb shuffle with just the airplay, a car charger and a 3-pack of wraps.  I know that all iPod accessories are expensive by carrying just the iPod name, but these seem extraordinarily high.

Posted by Sts10188 on February 24, 2005 at 5:29 PM (PDT)

Why would the Shuffle require a special, WAY overpriced splitter? Or an FM transmitter?  I can think of a half-dozen products that work just fine with the Shuffle.  And a three-dollar Radio Shack splitter will do the job as well as some overpriced unit.

Man…people will buy *anything* if you dress it in white and call it an “iAccessory.”

Posted by stark23x on February 24, 2005 at 5:34 PM (PDT)

im interested to see if the products use the shuffles aditional connectors on the usb end.

Posted by zip22 on February 24, 2005 at 6:51 PM (PDT)

Who wants to split the shuffle 5 pack with me?

Posted by Sparkky in San Francisco on February 24, 2005 at 9:04 PM (PDT)

dude, does the shuffle even need a case?  isn’t it made of plastic.

and it’s so cheap, if you scratch it, just buy another one.

Posted by Exvicious in Schaumburg, IL on February 24, 2005 at 9:35 PM (PDT)

A lot of these thing seem so ANTI-flash DAP. The point with going to flash memory is the small form factor.  Despite the somewhat soft plastic of the Shuffle, I can’t see myself getting any add-ons for my 1GB unit, especially if it’s going to add any sort of bulk.

I might ridicule Apple for not offering a Shuffle w/ FM built-in like my old iRiver, but I’m also not going to tack on accessories to make up for it, either.  I might be in the minority, but it seems to me that a lot of this stuff simply defeats the Shuffle’s original simple design concept.

Posted by flatline response on February 24, 2005 at 10:46 PM (PDT)

Yay, fun accessories!

And yet I agree with the observation that much of it defeats the Shuffle’s intended purpose, especially at those price points. I might get one of those silicone cases, but that’s it.

Posted by lucygoosey on February 25, 2005 at 1:48 AM (PDT)

Yes, it’s true that these items seem over-priced, especially for something so “cheap”—but it seems like a pretty smart move on the company’s part. Once these legions of people buy their shuffles, 2 months from now they’re going to want to buy these accessories because the initial novelty of owning an iPod would ware off by then. $49 won’t seem like much once you leave enough time in between purchases.

Fishes,
narco.

Posted by narco in Burbank on February 25, 2005 at 3:17 AM (PDT)

Ok, I can see buying a $20 case for my $349 iPod, but buying something for a Shuffle that costs like one-third the price of the device itself?!?!?  That’s insane.

Personally, I like the design of the whole iPod line, and feel that most of the accessories out there just cover up and mess up the design of the iPod.  I’d never use any of these accessories.  But maybe I’m just a purist or something wink.

It’s like those people that buy a $2000 leather couch and put some cover on it to “protect it”.  If you want to sit on plastic, buy a $400 vinyl couch.

Posted by m. sherman in Northern VA on February 25, 2005 at 4:39 AM (PDT)

When will the products be up on the company’s website so we can get a better look?

Posted by Willis S. in DC on February 25, 2005 at 6:15 AM (PDT)

If the AirPlay for the shuffle is similar to the current model (no seperate batteries and a lcd style tuner), I might consider it.

The armband is the same price as the Apple model, but comes in colors, which is kind of cool.

When I bought my original 5GB ipod three years ago, I got a leather case from XtremeMac - it’s held up well, so I might consider another purchase.

Posted by ipod21 on February 25, 2005 at 11:10 AM (PDT)

I am suffering from accessory overload and just wont buy any of them but I guess plenty of others will.

Posted by mac daddy in United Kingdom on February 27, 2005 at 6:16 AM (PDT)

They’re starting to post on the website.  Looks like the clip only would hold the shuffle horizontally if clipped to a belt or armband which is a shame.  Waiting for a review of the sportwrap to decide between it($30), apple’s offer($30), and my rigged ID card holder ($3).

Posted by Willis S. in DC on February 28, 2005 at 12:07 AM (PDT)

I’d wait to see if #### can undersell them first, before making an impulse buy…

Posted by Tholek on February 28, 2005 at 7:53 PM (PDT)