XtremeMac unveils MicroMemo voice recorder for iPod | iLounge News

XtremeMac unveils MicroMemo voice recorder for iPod

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, January 10, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageXtremeMac today announced the MicroMemo, a new voice recorder for the fifth-generation iPod. The $80 device utilizes the new iPod’s high-fidelity audio input capabilities to record 16-bit audio via an included, removable microphone or any compatible microphone with a 3.5 mm plug. The MicroMemo features a flexible neck, a built-in speaker for instant playback, and a one-touch recording feature. It connects via the dock connector port and is powered by the iPod’s internal battery. The MicroMemo is scheduled to begin shipping in late spring 2006.

« Griffin intros TuneFlex for iPod nano

New SNL skits now available on iTunes store »

Comments

FINALLY:  a way to record on my new 5G iPod.
Now to figure out an excuse to cough up the $80 for this thing.

Posted by Robert on January 10, 2006 at 12:38 PM (PDT)

huh???
$80 bucks just to record memos…

For that much money, I’d expect to be able to record a lot more things than memos.  My cell phone can record memos without the help of an add-on! that feature is built in the cell phone itself.

At $80 I’ll just continue to use my cell phone.

Posted by 3rdEye on January 10, 2006 at 1:07 PM (PDT)

Hmm, 3rd Eye, I see now why the demand for microphones is low…

Im one of the few who dont have a cellphone, ha ha ha!

So I guess I have to fork over the $80, or get a microphone enabled mp3 player like a Zen, Rio, or Yepp.

Posted by robert on January 10, 2006 at 5:11 PM (PDT)

the unit also comes with a 3.5mm jack so you can plug in your own mic or (i guess) another audio device.

Posted by Jim on January 10, 2006 at 6:02 PM (PDT)

gess…. $80 and not till the spring?! sigh….  i just hope someone else brings out a cheaper adapter asap.

Posted by erifneerg on January 10, 2006 at 9:05 PM (PDT)

the website says 22khz 16 bit.  Apples website says that the ipod is capible of 44.1khz.  What’s the deal?  I want CD quality recording and it want it now!

Posted by lukas on January 10, 2006 at 10:53 PM (PDT)

I agree with lukas.  Why does this recorder cost so much, and why does it not do 44.1KHz recording?  I will stick with my 4G iPod and the iTalk until I see something really worthwhile for high quality recording needs.  Dragging my laptop around for that purpose is not quite as convenient, but it does give far better quality than the iPod can offer me at this time…

Posted by Matthew Smith on January 11, 2006 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

Are the chances of the sound quality going to be that bad? I’m a college student and am really hoping to pick this up to record lectures and it would be definatly more convient, but at 80$ that’ll kill it for my ipod accessory budget. Suggestions ? To wait and buy the micromemo at 80$ or just by a labtop microphone for cheaper?

Posted by Christine on January 17, 2006 at 7:53 PM (PDT)

I called one of the venders today to ask when a gen 5 voice recorder would be avalable. They told me they were waiting on Apple to provide a firmware update.

Posted by Mark on May 2, 2006 at 5:23 PM (PDT)

According to an email I got today from Xtrememac, they’re looking to launch the micromemo in early June.

Posted by C. J. on May 18, 2006 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

Great post! I’m looking forward for more. when slot forecast opponents play

Posted by to create opponents you should be very greedy on June 8, 2006 at 2:48 AM (PDT)

So I have the Micromemo - It records great - Now how do I get the recordings off my Ipod so I can use them on a website etc.?

Posted by Bill on February 10, 2007 at 5:56 PM (PDT)