YoTank intros iTank, PhoneTank cases for iPod nano 3G, iPhone | iLounge News

YoTank intros iTank, PhoneTank cases for iPod nano 3G, iPhone

image

YoTank has introduced its iTank Nano 3 aluminum case for iPod nano (with video) and the PhoneTank aluminum case for iPhone. Both cases are machined from solid aluminum, and come as 2 pieces that are held together by screws. Features include felt interior lining, access to the nano’s Click Wheel, headphone jack, Dock Connector, and hold switch, access to the iPhone’s touch screen, buttons, and headphone jack, and 2 extra screws and an allen wrench for assembly. Available in polished aluminum or gloss black powdercoating, the iTank Nano 3 is available now and sells for $45 (aluminum) and $53 (gloss black), while the PhoneTank sells for $65 (aluminum) and $73 (gloss black).

« Wrappers offers Sleeves for iPod nano (with video)

‘08 Buyers’ Guide appears in Times Square, over 250K downloads »

Comments

Nice…I was looking for a product that would take my sleek and skinny Nano and add 150% of size and weight to it.

Honestly…The 3G Nano is pretty damn robust, all it needs is a screen protector and you can shove it in a pocket, or add a nice neat case for attaching to belt or arm.

Posted by Boca on November 7, 2007 at 6:45 PM (PDT)

If you’re doing something that puts your iPod/iPhone at such risk, maybe it’s time you cut the strings and left your entertainment at home.

Posted by urbanslaughter on November 8, 2007 at 8:43 AM (PDT)

Wow.  I can’t believe these guys are still in business.
Their product is just as fugly as ever.

Posted by B.Mick on November 8, 2007 at 1:17 PM (PDT)

The Nano is already encased in aluminum and as Boca says needs only a tough screen protector…
If you are in a situation where you may accidently be run over by a tank or be shot at, then I suggest that you unplug your ipod, put it somewhere safe and concentrate on the task in hand!

Posted by Myers on November 8, 2007 at 1:52 PM (PDT)

i like the over built quality to the case.

the real question for me is whether this thing cuts down on reception for the iphone.  theres a reason why the antenna is covered in black plastic…

Posted by christ on November 8, 2007 at 3:25 PM (PDT)

I just got the YoTank for my iPhone yesterday. It’s well made and pretty cool but it is big & bulky. It arrived without the two extra screws and allen wrench that it said it would come with. I can not say for sure yet but I do think that it degrades the iphone signal. I’ll test it for a few more days but this thing may be going back.

Posted by Jsin on November 18, 2007 at 1:59 PM (PDT)

I have been using the case for about a week an dit DEFINITELY has a SIGNAL problem, I would be with at least 3 other Iphone users and they have Full Bars and mine has only 2-3 my phone has been also constantly dropping calls. Looks like off goes the yotank and put back the otterbox.

Posted by kevin on November 20, 2007 at 7:54 AM (PDT)

As I stated in my previous review, this case has definite iPhone signal loss issues. I would not buy this case if I were you. Now I’m trying to contact the company and they will not return any emails! Stay away from this case for your iPhone!!!

Posted by Jsin on November 26, 2007 at 5:12 PM (PDT)

lol i just bought this case before i read your review, so hopefully its not too bad, apart from the signal, how does the case look in terms of esthetics? i understand that it’s bulky and thats part of the reason i bought it, but does it feel secure and feel good while using it? did you get black or silver? thanks for your input!
patrick

Posted by Patrick on November 28, 2007 at 12:03 AM (PDT)

I have owned one of the “expensive” iPhones ($599) since early August 2007. I used the PhoneTank case for several weeks prior to its release. We have found little, if any change in the signal strength on the iPhone. I have been using the case every day and have found few problems and I am not sure what is causing the poor signal strength for the other users. I have dropped some calls in rural fringe areas but that is to be expected.

I appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, given on our YoTank products.

Should someone buy a YoTank PhoneTank and be unsatisfied with the case we will refund their money in full including the return shipping.

Mark
YoTank Daddy

Posted by Mark on December 13, 2007 at 2:20 PM (PDT)