YoTank offers machined aluminum iPod cases | iLounge News

YoTank offers machined aluminum iPod cases

image

YoTank has announced a new collection of iPod cases made from machined aluminum. The iTank cases—available for the fifth-generation iPod ($75), iPod nano ($45) and iPod mini ($35)—are machined from solid aluminum and polished to a mirror-like finish. The cases have an integrated Lexan screen protector and openings for all controls and ports.

« Apple warns of profit restatement, delays quarterly filing

French iTunes interoperability law goes into effect »

Comments

Wow.  These are the bulkiest, ugliest things I’ve ever seen.

Also, their website appears to be run by an eight year old.  Is this a joke?

Posted by B.Mick in Austin, TX on August 3, 2006 at 10:29 AM (PDT)

those are the ugliest fattest things i have ever seen. seems i could make that in my basement! ha ha!

Posted by mike H on August 3, 2006 at 12:10 PM (PDT)

Ugly they may be, but I don’t think there is anything on the warket that offers the same protection.  Always wear protection!

Posted by Mike M on August 3, 2006 at 12:56 PM (PDT)

y’all could run over these “yo-tanks” with yo tanks and nothing would happen.

Posted by tim on August 3, 2006 at 2:07 PM (PDT)

DIDNT YOU READ THE WEBSITE? “Cases not for girly boys or girly girls” SO B.Mick and mike H THEY ARE NOT FOR YOU!!

Posted by El Yaqui on August 3, 2006 at 2:37 PM (PDT)

I think these cases are a bit too pricey, especially when you could probably get something better for less.  They kinda remind me of something that could’ve been made in shop class, but I will admit that nothing protects an iPod like a bulky block of premium-priced aluminum.

Posted by Anonymous on August 3, 2006 at 4:47 PM (PDT)

El Yaqui, i don’t even use a case for my iPod. it covers up the beauty.

Posted by mike H on August 3, 2006 at 4:48 PM (PDT)

“i don’t even use a case for my iPod. it covers up the beauty.”

Was that said with a lisp? wink

Posted by Mike M on August 3, 2006 at 5:31 PM (PDT)

how can yo-tank not produce a quality product? they have a bachelor’s degree from the skool of kool.

i didn’t get accepted there with a 3.6 gpa and 2200 SAT

Posted by feh1325 on August 3, 2006 at 5:35 PM (PDT)

I’m really glad they explain how to pronounce YoTank right at the top of their page.

Posted by Zadillo on August 3, 2006 at 7:10 PM (PDT)

I see April Fool’s Day came late this year.

Posted by Devil Neville on August 3, 2006 at 7:20 PM (PDT)

helixpod had some very nice machined aluminum cases he posted on the forums for the full sized iPod:

Haven’t seen them on the market thought.

Posted by Audrey McGirt on August 3, 2006 at 7:48 PM (PDT)

I’m totally weird… because I thought they looked kinda cool. But, you hafta sorta like that whole “beaten metal” look.

Too expensive, though, for sure. I’ll stick with my avacado green Speck case. It’s grooovy.

Posted by chad_l on August 4, 2006 at 6:24 AM (PDT)

YoTank? No Thanks.  When someone needs a case that costs almost a third of the player, perhaps it’s time to start taking better care of your devices.

Posted by Chahk on August 4, 2006 at 6:44 AM (PDT)

I think everyone here is missing the point of this product.  It isn’t for people that “don’t take care of their devices” or for people that want to show off their cases.  It’s for people that do active things and want to take their iPods with them.  They are made to be beaten, not to be shown around and to look “pretty”.  These cases are expensive, but for people that fall a lot, they will save a lot of money over replacing their broken iPod.
I currently have one of these cases and you can literally do anything with this and the iPod is protected.

Posted by AndrewOSU on August 24, 2006 at 8:02 PM (PDT)